“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Oh now Brunson and Randle don't fit together :dead:
So did I imagine the Knicks magically getting 2 All Star selections this year?
Brunson was already the first option by the time Julius went down, what's with the revisionist history acting like they haven't played well together now
Don’t worry about goofy media takes.

Donte , Bruns, and Randle are going to be wild next season .. unless the Knicks do something silly like move up for Bronny :dead:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I don’t think Leon Rose is gonna panick and make a drastic move. He could of did something last off season but stayed intact.

I expect some minor moves this off season or during deadline.

But i don’t think Leon is gonna get pressured by the likes of Stephen A and the media to gut the team and swing for the fences.

I just want people to understand, you’re probably gonna lose a combination of donte, hart or mitch alongside randle if you make a dumb trade

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Randle is a better player than Mikal Bridges
Pretty clearly
I don't understand the obsession with it outside the Nova connection, once they got OG (who plays the exact same position) that should've put that whole rumor to bed

Bridges had a real chance to step up this year and regressed, by the end of the year he was taking a backseat to Cam Thomas
Most of us don’t want to swap Randle for Mikal. We are hoping and praying the team finds a way to snag him for Bojan and picks. @Wargames made the point weeks ago that it would most likely be a three teamer where Mikal demands to be traded and even then it’s still a long shot. Just as a thought exercise, 3 potential third teams I’ve seen other fans lob out there were the Pelicans, the Hawks and the Hornets.

Hornets one would look something like:
Knicks get Mikal and Nick Richards
Nets get Miles Bridges (sign and trade? Is this even legal?), Bognanovic and 2 Knicks firsts.
Hornets get Mitchell Robinson and 2 Knicks firsts.

Hornets get a cheap starting center, don’t have to pay Miles and clear the way for Brandon Miller and Melo

Nets swap Bridges, add a depth piece and pick up 2 picks while they go after Donovan Mitchell using Ben Simmons and Cam Thomas

Knicks save some money to throw at Hartenstein and pick up a potential back up big in Richards. Use the Mid-Level to replace Bogi unless you nail his replacement in the draft. Filipowski maybe? Idk

Pelicans trade:
Knicks get Mikal Bridges and Jerimiah Robinson (just a throw-in)
Nets get Brandon Ingram and a Knicks pick
Pelicans get Mitchell Robinson, Dennis Schroder, Bojan and 2 Knicks picks

Pelicans can probably do better than this trading Ingram to the Magic or something, but they would get 2 picks they don't really need, a cheap starting center from the area that probably clashes with Zion offensively, a bench shooter and backup pg.
Same justification for the Nets as they go and try to get Donovan Mitchell.

Hawks trade:
Knicks get Mikal
Hawks get Bojan and 3 picks
Nets get Murray and 2 picks

Hawks decide to commit to Trae over DM who hates playing with Trae Young. They pick up some picks in years they lost them and an expiring bench piece they can package for a star later?
Nets get the ideal backcourt mate for Donovan Mitchell and some picks to sweeten the trade?

Forgive me, I'm bored as shyt at work. All these trades are massive reaches where we give up a lot of picks just get get these teams to the table.