“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

while that's admirable, part of why Randle is deemed expendable is

1. who the fukk else are you moving if you want a bigger name

and

2. we've seen Randle when it works with the Knicks and we've also seen it when it hasn't and the latter was so ugly y'all couldn't wait to get rid of him. shyt was so bad y'all used a top 10 pick to draft his replacement. The case for moving Randle if possible, has merit.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

and

2. we've seen Randle when it works with the Knicks and we've also seen it when it hasn't and the latter was so ugly y'all couldn't wait to get rid of him. shyt was so bad y'all used a top 10 pick to draft his replacement. The case for moving Randle if possible, has merit.
This is somewhat revisionist history. Obi Toppin was drafted not because Randle played poorly but because the Knicks went with A) Best player available (in their eyes) and B) They wanted to make Barrett more of a Ball handler guard and Obi in theory made sense. Julius was only on the team for one year when Obi was drafted.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
This is somewhat revisionist history. Obi Toppin was drafted not because Randle played poorly but because the Knicks went with A) Best player available (in their eyes) and B) They wanted to make Barrett more of a Ball handler guard and Obi in theory made sense. Julius was only on the team for one year when Obi was drafted.

This is the 1st time I'm hearing about RJ being the reason Obi was drafted lol

That year 1 was so bad for all parties involved, I thought it was common knowledge that if Randle didn't have a All-NBA season the following year, he was probably getting moved.

I don't think with all the holes the Knicks had at the time, they would have burned a top-10 pick on someone they foresaw being a backup.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah we gotta keep it real, we all wanted Julius the fukk out of here and Obi was his replacement because of that. Julius played like ass his first season here, and no one expected him to become an NBA second teamer the very next season. Julius has been great the last two seasons but it's hard to completely forget how low his lows were.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

and

I don't think they are going for a bigger name. The only whispers we heard are Donovan.

1. We’re more likely to extend Randle than trade Randle. Also I don't believe Sham. His klutch employee ass, having skoops on the knicks seems like speculation from other teams and not what the knicks will do.

2. We saw Randle fail to be the A1 on a team. I think he could legit a scary second option.

3. The realist move this summer is the knicks give the Nets a stupid offer for Mikal and the Nets accept because they want to make a even stupider offer for Donovan Mitchell and that knicks trade gives them the Nets the assets needed for them not drown their future when they do it.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nah. Obi was a Randle replacement. It wasn’t outright said obviously but we all knew it. Randle just went supernova that next year and the front office re-evaluated things. We’re now at a place where you only trade Randle for upgrades at his position if you want to not give up too much depth. Trading for Booker leaves a massive hole at the 4 that we couldn’t easily replace. Trading for Giannis, AD or Embiid makes the most sense if available. Outside of Giannis, which is the biggest stretch, I’m not even interested.

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
Nah we gotta keep it real, we all wanted Julius the fukk out of here and Obi was his replacement because of that. Julius played like ass his first season here, and no one expected him to become an NBA second teamer the very next season. Julius has been great the last two seasons but it's hard to completely forget how low his lows were.
Speak for yourself.. Ive never had an issue w/Julius.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don't think they are going for a bigger name. The only whispers we heard are Donovan.

1. We’re more likely to extend Randle than trade Randle. Also I don't believe Sham. His klutch employee ass, having skoops on the knicks seems like speculation from other teams and not what the knicks will do.

2. We saw Randle fail to be the A1 on a team. I think he could legit a scary second option.

3. The realist move this summer is the knicks give the Nets a stupid offer for Mikal and the Nets accept because they want to make a even stupider offer for Donovan Mitchell and that knicks trade gives them the Nets the assets needed for them not drown their future when they do it.
I'm hoping the FO can somehow pull off getting Mikal while keep Hart & Divo because he's what the team needs. Hart & Divo could spearhead the bench & dominate other benches for us. I also wouldn't be mad if we run it back with what we got (healthy) & fill in our needs for a true wing & Randle backup

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Randle is a better player than Mikal Bridges
Pretty clearly
I don't understand the obsession with it outside the Nova connection, once they got OG (who plays the exact same position) that should've put that whole rumor to bed

Bridges had a real chance to step up this year and regressed, by the end of the year he was taking a backseat to Cam Thomas

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Randle is a better player than Mikal Bridges
Pretty clearly
I don't understand the obsession with it outside the Nova connection, once they got OG (who plays the exact same position) that should've put that whole rumor to bed

Bridges had a real chance to step up this year and regressed, by the end of the year he was taking a backseat to Cam Thomas
You don't have to necessarily think about who's the better player but think about the fit. And also, do you really think he wants to play in BK lol? Mikal can guard 1-3 very well, underrated passer, hit the 3, & can create for himself. In the long shot we get him, Divo & Hart go back to the bench & make it even stronger. So when JB goes to the bench, the offense could run through him & not skip a beat. His b'ball IQ is good as well. Randle is gonna have to make some big adjustments to his game when he's healthy & we'll see if he can because his usage is gonna drop. And I say we only move Randle if we get a like value back, otherwise I'm happy with keeping him & running it back

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Knicks just need to get another shot creator that can take a little pressure off Brunson, and keep OG and Mitch healthy to anchor the defense and they will be fine. If they had been healthy they would have breezed through Philly and Indiana.

Keeping OG and Mitch healthy might be a little easier said than done though. Thibs should be afraid to sacrifice some of the regular season keeping their minutes reasonable so they are ready to go during the playoffs. He needs to holla at Pop and get his 2013 and 2014 player management handbook guide and just apply that shyt to the Knicks next season.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You don't have to necessarily think about who's the better player but think about the fit. And also, do you really think he wants to play in BK lol? Mikal can guard 1-3 very well, underrated passer, hit the 3, & can create for himself. In the long shot we get him, Divo & Hart go back to the bench & make it even stronger. So when JB goes to the bench, the offense could run through him & not skip a beat. His b'ball IQ is good as well. Randle is gonna have to make some big adjustments to his game when he's healthy & we'll see if he can because his usage is gonna drop. And I say we only move Randle if we get a like value back, otherwise I'm happy with keeping him & running it back
Yeah, that's it.

Randle's a guy that really needs the rock in his hands to get rhythm so he needs to be the focal point of the offense - that just not working with Brunson here. Is he gonna be OK with taking the back seat and everyone knowing it's Brunson's team?

Bridges ain't gonna be the new Kawhi like the Nets thought when they first traded for him, he's better suited as the Suns used him. Third scorer, versatile defender. He's also an ironman, which helps. The Nova thing is a nice backstory but I think it's a really good match.