“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

blah

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like making excuses, but we were just way too injured. The Hart abdominal strain in game 6 and then Brunson breaking his hand to top it off. It was a good run though. Still have no respect for the soft ass Pacers or the classless shyt like Haliburton wearing that Reggie Miller shirt

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm all the way good on Paul George, not interested in paying max dollars for someone who is either in street clothes or playing his worst basketball when his team needs him the most

Are you OK with giving OG 4/140? That's what it's gonna cost and the bolded fits him very accurately.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Are you OK with giving OG 4/140? That's what it's gonna cost and the bolded fits him very accurately.

not necessarily but I'd rather do that and use those pieces that would be used for PG for somebody else (or to make multiple moves)

But to be honest I'm more than ok with making adjustment to the back of the rotation and running it back with the hope that we don't lose 3 of our 4 best players in the playoffs again

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's a tough pill to swallow but 4/140 is better than giving out 4/210 to the most overrated player in the entire league when we already seen what the team looks like with OG. It's an elite team
We don't know if they would look better or worse with a 34YO Paul George

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It's a tough pill to swallow but 4/140 is better than giving out 4/210 to the most overrated player in the entire league when we already seen what the team looks like with OG. It's an elite team
We don't know if they would look better or worse with a 34YO Paul George
This sounds a lot like the Clippers with Kawhi to be honest. Thibs upped OG's workload a bit and he lasted two weeks.

What good is a guy if he's never there when you need him? Hope ain't a strategy

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
This sounds a lot like the Clippers with Kawhi to be honest. Thibs upped OG's workload a bit and he lasted two weeks.

What good is a guy if he's never there when you need him? Hope ain't a strategy

But yet you want to use assets and commit 200 plus mil for somebody who's missed two of the last three postseasons due to injury........

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
But yet you want to use assets and commit 200 mil for somebody who's missed two of the last three postseasons due to injury.......

Yes, they're both risks, but there's more upside with PG13 than OG. OG's never doing PG13's 2021 postseason run, ever.

I think you bring both in, moving Randle and spare parts and play OG at the 4 with PG13 at the 3. Very brittle though.

Re-upping OG and adding spare parts maxes this team at an ECF appearance at it's best

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Ingram ain’t the right fit. Stop it.
I'm only flipping Bogi and picks for a starting 2 guard with size, that can shoot and play defense. Along the lines of Mikal Bridges or a healthy Lonzo Ball. The problem is, those are probably the only two that fit this specific description.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I don't think I've seen a more unprofessional and bizarre display from a former professional player turned analyst that what Paul Pierce did.
Not only did he stomp on Brunson's jersey, he recorded it.
Not only did he record it, he actually posted it online like a fukking goofy.

And for what reason? What connection does Brunson have that would make this shyt an expected, funny or reasonable stunt?

What the fukk...

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Hate it. Why would we give up a center if you just acknowledged it could be the future of the league?
If you DO trade Mitch, you gotta keep Precious.
because if OG is staying, the depth will be more needed there. A healthy Randle /Hartenstein will average 60+ minutes between them. If Sims and/or Achiuwa can't fill in, then you know what you need to address on draft night.

DDV went from 29 mpg in the regular season to 39 mpg. They need guard help.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don't think I've seen a more unprofessional and bizarre display from a former professional player turned analyst that what Paul Pierce did.
Not only did he stomp on Brunson's jersey, he recorded it.
Not only did he record it, he actually posted it online like a fukking goofy.

And for what reason? What connection does Brunson have that would make this shyt an expected, funny or reasonable stunt?

What the fukk...

It's cool to pick on the Knicks. When we really get crazy next season everyone's going to forget this shyt and act like we're being unreasonable.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
because if OG is staying, the depth will be more needed there. A healthy Randle /Hartenstein will average 60+ minutes between them. If Sims and/or Achiuwa can't fill in, then you know what you need to address on draft night.

DDV went from 29 mpg in the regular season to 39 mpg. They need guard help.

I get that. The guard we NEED is rare tho. Is Huerter a Thibs guy? How's his defense? I'd rather keep Mitch, flip Bogi and try and replace Bogi with a midlevel vet. Someone with the profile of one of the Morris Twins.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Yes, they're both risks, but there's more upside with PG13 than OG. OG's never doing PG13's 2021 postseason run, ever.

I think you bring both in, moving Randle and spare parts and play OG at the 4 with PG13 at the 3. Very brittle though.

Re-upping OG and adding spare parts maxes this team at an ECF appearance at it's best

PG13 isn't capable of doing PG13's 2021 run anymore so bringing that up is whatever. Dude is gonna be 35 this time next year, has missed every postseason since that "2021" run due to injury until this year, where he wasn't even good. Not to mention the 30-40 games he's missed every year until this year, where he's coincidently trying to get paid.

I obviously dont think OG is a better player, but we talking about the max? For that risk? Nah im good. I'd rather have someone to complement OG that I can rely on.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There isn't a reason to move Mitch. His contract isn't taking away from their ability to pay IHart. They are way over the cap and have IHarts early bird rights. Its about 16.5 mil a year starting with bonus incentives. That’s all they can pay him, its not chump change, but other team might out bid them. I could see them giving him that with a player opt out next year when they would have his full bird rights. However, its not a Mitch or IHart issue, its a “does IHart want to stay here and work with the knicks to give them his full bird rights”?

Last edited: