“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'd keep OG to a point. If someone wants to give him Jerami Grant/Fred Van Vleet money, he might not be worth it, but I see the Knicks keeping him.

Hartenstein is the big worry because it won't take max money to get him and now teams see this 2-3 big thing working, so teams love to copycat. He's the kind of guy the Spurs could add with Wemby, Sochan off the bench, draft a PG and a wing, and now you have a template.

Hartenstein /Sims /25
Randle /Bogdanovic /vet min
Anunoby /Hart /24
DiVincenzo /Huerter /vet min or Burks
Brunson /McBride /38

24/25, get a shooter (basically you get a Grimes do-over) and add size, If Edey slips, take him.

Here's an idea: trade Robinson to Sacramento for Kevin Huerter.

Hate it. Why would we give up a center if you just acknowledged it could be the future of the league?
If you DO trade Mitch, you gotta keep Precious.

Geordi

All Star
Daps
I dont get all the big trades people want to do, they were 14-2 in January. They just need a deeper bench to make up for losing IQ, Grimes and Obi. Deuce is a cool story but he aint it. We had no bench and nikkas want to say Thibs plays his starters too much. Who is the alternative; 25 minutes of Jacob Toppin?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It's not an option to not retain OG, plain and simple they cashed out their assets to get him and the defense was elite whenever he played
So he will be retained or else they are basically locked into a second round ceiling
With depth, I don't mind capping OG at 32 minutes a game for the rest of his Knicks tenure. Especially when it means Josh Hart is coming off the bench too.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I dont get all the big trades people want to do, they were 14-2 in January. They just need a deeper bench to make up for losing IQ, Grimes and Obi. Deuce is a cool story but he aint it. We had no bench and nikkas want to say Thibs plays his starters too much. Who is the alternative; 25 minutes of Jacob Toppin?
Daquan Jeffries could be 6th man of the year if Thibs just gave him a chance :unimpressed:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Brutal way to end the season, but somehow it felt exactly right that it ends with injuries to the last healthy pieces left. The basketball gods really sent injury after injury until we ran out of players to use.

Hartenstein was the main guy guarding Siakam for a long chunk of the game, which required extra hedge help. That's why so many open shooters got off early (well, after OG left the game at least...he couldn't rotate at all which started it).

But the good news is I think everyone recognized that this team is ECF level or better when healthy. They can bring back the same team with some tweaks around the edges (draft some players that actually have utility for the end of the bench, instead of wasting spots on G-leaguers with no future). That same team gets back healthy and we have a potential contender.

The question is whether or not we can bring them back. OG has an extension that I'm guessing is worked out. But Hartenstein's contract offer maxes out at 16-17 million per year for us. If a team with cap wants to splurge on his passing and defense, then they can outbid us.

I'm not ready to get into the star talk. Guys like Booker, Mitchell, Bridges, Ingram, etc are fun names to plug into the roster and think about. But I'm not sure how much would be lost in trading pieces away or what GM's would demand in terms of players and picks. For now, I'm just gonna chill and unwind after such a fun season. I want to enjoy remembering the excitement for a while.

THIS team was good enough, if not for injury bad luck. So we don't HAVE to make a move, unless it's the right one. Leon Rose has been good at waiting and striking when the right deal becomes available. I'll trust him on that front. But I hope this season pushes him to put more value in the last three or four roster spots. My only disappointment this year was when New York didn't treat the waiver wire with urgency.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Last thing the Knicks need is another role player, the roster is full of them.

They need an all-star guard/wing or close to it, and they have the assets to make it happen (PG would be perfect, Bridges would be perfect, Mitchell would work, etc)

That will take them from a good team to a championship team.

Mitchell has proven over the past 2 years that he can't share a backcourt. Garland had the sacrifice too much of his game for their pairing to work.

Why would the Knicks want him there to take the ball out of Brunson's hands? Brunson is better than Mitchell now. They don't need him. What they really need is a bigger guard/wing who can play off ball. Devin Booker would be the guy....hell i think Zack Lavine would be unbelievable in NYC.

Let Donovan head on out to the Lakers:myman:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we went out like some bytches last game. No way we shoulda got killed like that at home. Played ZERO defense, which is our calling card. They shot like 80 percent from da field smh

They didn't come to play, period. Probably assumed the pacers would play shakey and scared but they seeemed way more prepared that us.

The Hart and Brunson injuries were because of wear and tear. Playing hart 48 mins like 8 games in a row sounds cool but was stupid as fukk

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Brutal way to end the season, but somehow it felt exactly right that it ends with injuries to the last healthy pieces left. The basketball gods really sent injury after injury until we ran out of players to use.

Hartenstein was the main guy guarding Siakam for a long chunk of the game, which required extra hedge help. That's why so many open shooters got off early (well, after OG left the game at least...he couldn't rotate at all which started it).

But the good news is I think everyone recognized that this team is ECF level or better when healthy. They can bring back the same team with some tweaks around the edges (draft some players that actually have utility for the end of the bench, instead of wasting spots on G-leaguers with no future). That same team gets back healthy and we have a potential contender.

The question is whether or not we can bring them back. OG has an extension that I'm guessing is worked out. But Hartenstein's contract offer maxes out at 16-17 million per year for us. If a team with cap wants to splurge on his passing and defense, then they can outbid us.

I'm not ready to get into the star talk. Guys like Booker, Mitchell, Bridges, Ingram, etc are fun names to plug into the roster and think about. But I'm not sure how much would be lost in trading pieces away or what GM's would demand in terms of players and picks. For now, I'm just gonna chill and unwind after such a fun season. I want to enjoy remembering the excitement for a while.

THIS team was good enough, if not for injury bad luck. So we don't HAVE to make a move, unless it's the right one. Leon Rose has been good at waiting and striking when the right deal becomes available. I'll trust him on that front. But I hope this season pushes him to put more value in the last three or four roster spots. My only disappointment this year was when New York didn't treat the waiver wire with urgency.

Are you kidding me? Ya'll realize what ingram would do for your team?

The Pels want to move off him too and ya'll got the assets. I'd jump on that trade right now:ohlawd: