“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Objective hoops fan here

If I'm the Knicks, I trade Mitch, let Hartenstein walk and do everything in my power to upgrade the C position

Thibs has to develop the bench the same way Indy & Minny has...he needs at least 4 key bench contributors

Brunson
DDV
OG
Randle
C Upgrade

McLeod
3&D combo G
Hart
Combo F
Precious
I don’t think there’s an upgrade out there. Claxton can’t make free throws and can’t impact the game on offense like Hartenstein. Valinciunas is old and isn’t as high motor as the other guys

Daps
Reppin
NY
I should be sad about this series considering we had the kill shot Game 3, had a chance throughout 7 but truthfully I can't be mad at this team. Foundation is firmly in place, these players have all embodied what fans want to see for "playing like a Knick/playing for the city", they gave it their all for the final 2-3 months of the regular season and postseason.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Declining Burks' current deal and bringing him back on a cheaper/vet min. after re-signing Hartenstein probably works if you want to retain both. Declining Precious/not retaining him via RFA probably plays in too. Could move Bogi who's about to become an expiring as well. Lots of easy ways to free up the money IMO
Trade Mitchell Robinson then you extend Hartenstein with a 4 year $72 million deal

Keep Burks you need his offensive punch dude is just a pro

Daps
Reppin
NY
Trade Mitchell Robinson then you extend Hartenstein with a 4 year $72 million deal

Keep Burks you need his offensive punch dude is just a pro

I'm not against this sentiment at all tbh. FWIW some team will still toss a 1st+ for Mitch off the fact that his contract is very good and *when* he's healthy he's a defensive presence. We just have to make sure they don't know he's an offensive blackhole and take the picks/young players and run.

I think Robinson is the only piece that gets moved and this team gives it a shot with a healthy Julius come fall.

Lurk Angle

All Star
Daps
Declining Burks' current deal and bringing him back on a cheaper/vet min. after re-signing Hartenstein probably works if you want to retain both. Declining Precious/not retaining him via RFA probably plays in too. Could move Bogi who's about to become an expiring as well. Lots of easy ways to free up the money IMO
Yea I would replace burks and bogi with some younger pieces

Prob trade Mitch rob 2

I think they should use one or both picks in the draft as they won't cost much

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Last thing the Knicks need is another role player, the roster is full of them.

They need an all-star guard/wing or close to it, and they have the assets to make it happen (PG would be perfect, Bridges would be perfect, Mitchell would work, etc)

That will take them from a good team to a championship team.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They have to keep Bogey cause his contract has value, that's the entire reason they traded Fournier for him as it allows them to keep it on the books, but it's even better cause unlike Evan, Bogey is actually a good player.
Do whatever you can to keep IHart. He keeps improving and the passing upside he showed the second half of the season can be a key piece of the offense moving forward.

I would move Mitch, I know he's excellent on defense but he's always hurt and I just don't like offensive zeroes. He's so bad on offense, it's like unless it's a lob, you can almost expect him to turn to the ball over if it's passed to him. I know this draft is wack but I feel like there's gotta be someone in this draft that can provide somewhat close to what Mitch does defensively and isn't so bad on offense.

I don't think they need any stars. This team fits well together. I would lose my shyt if they got Paul George and not in a good way. That guy is the most overrated player in the NBA. Any team that actually gives him the max he's seeking will be regretting it by the deadline I promise

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Objective hoops fan here

If I'm the Knicks, I trade Mitch, let Hartenstein walk and do everything in my power to upgrade the C position

Thibs has to develop the bench the same way Indy & Minny has...he needs at least 4 key bench contributors

Brunson
DDV
OG
Randle
C Upgrade

McLeod
3&D combo G
Hart
Combo F
Precious
With the minutes Thibs is going to play these guys I wouldn't trust OG's body to last either.

Trade the injury prone guys like Robinson and keep Hartenstein.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Finally got back to the crib, As far as the game, there's not much to talk about. Felt like every time I stood up to chant/cheer, the Pacers would immediately get two buckets in a row. Don't regret going at all though, the vibes in the building pre-game & everytime the Knicks made a run were immaculate.

Got pictures with Spree & Camby outside the Garden too before the game so that was dope.

Idk how it came across on TV but the crowd went crazy every time they showed Josh on screen before tip-off. Gotta be the most loved Knick since......i don't know.