“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
That Pacers offense ain't no walk in the park. They can easily drop 140ppg against any team. Brunson already outplayed Jimmy in a series and he now has better shooting alongside him, and aint nobody moved by Empiss in the playoffs.
They can do that in regular season.
That high flying shyt is not as easy during the playoffs when basketball Xs and Os are more like a game of blackjack. There are strict rules of the game that most of these coaches follow.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:mjlol: Embiid is an overweight c00n fakkit and fukk the mf Heat and that pineapple headed fakkit Jimmy Butler. Fukk them nikkas. They all can get it.
I'm positive you are that nikka in the spiderman cosplay with Timbs during the TalkNYC Knicks fan compilations after the Celtics game 1 and Hawks playoffs
:dead:

giphy.gif

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I think they did too. But my biggest defense FOR Brunson in light of his defensive deficiencies was that you can always hide one bad defender on a team, but not two. With Luka as his running mate, it was going to be hard cause now you have to try and hide both and Luka will be the priority.

luka has the potential to be decent on defense due to his strength/size tho. if he were on the knicks, thibs wouldn't allow him to completely slouch on D.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let these roaches play in their little Gay-inn Tournament while we get our well deserved rest
I had preferences about who we should play in da first round but i don't give a fukk at this point.

Respeck the second seed and the ass whipping that is coming with it. LETS fukkIN GO!!! :wow:

Last edited:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:martin:

i don't give a flying fukk about the draw. that talk about the "fear" of MIA/PHI kills the mood, man.

it's the fukkin playoffs and the Knicks are the #2 seed. deal with it and enjoy the ride.
By that logic - is this season a success if they lose a tough first round series?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
By that logic - is this season a success if they lose a tough first round series?
The reality is once Randle got hurt and ultimately shut down the switch flipped on expectations. If they were whole and one of the best teams in basketball for 3.5 months then it would be different but that lineup was intact for 4 weeks.

We'll be disappointed, obviously - but big picture it's undoubtedly a success when you look at all the obstacles they overcame to get that 50 wins and all the resources they'll have entering the offseason to tweak things.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I’m just saying it’s the playoffs and we see all types of results all the time. The conference is tight as hell for a reason. Hope we get great basketball and I’m confident in this squad in a series vs. any of these teams to be honest.

Most thought CLE would beat the Knicks in 5 last year. IND is no walk in the park despite what most might think, ORL was a pain in the ass against the Knicks all season, etc.

But yes, by default it should be disappointing if the Knicks lose in the first round because they are a 2 seed with home court. Hoping for a great run. All evidence has pointed to us fans being confident in the team.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
But yes, by default it should be disappointing if the Knicks lose in the first round because they are a 2 seed with home court. Hoping for a great run. All evidence has pointed to us fans being confident in the team.
Yeah, that's my point. Knicks are like 20-3 with OG in the lineup. They're still a good team. That being said, Philly with Embiid is probably at worst the 3rd best team in the EC and the Heat have that pedigree, having been in the ECF 3 of the last 4 years.

If I had to bet on it, I think the Knicks beat the Heat and lose a tough series to Philly if Embiid is healthy and productive.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Without Julius you somewhat have to be realistic here. This season has been spectacular by our original expectations so a seven game loss won’t break that.

That being said if we beat Miami/Philly then we are going to the ECF as neither Indiana or The Bucks look scary