“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Brogdon been overrated the past 3 years. Reason why Milwaukee, Indy & Boston gave up on him
That’s not the reason.

For starters Milwaukee got the poison pill in restricted free agency which is why they signed and traded him and he is injury prone. His trades have nothing to do with his game.

U say this as if Dejounte ain’t about to be on another team. 🤣

Left San Antonio on bad terms and Atlanta has been a failure.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Knicks have have 8 picks on the next 3 seasons. You can always package Murray for a bigger star later. For two years now the Knicks have shown they ain’t trying to draft anybody.

You worried about team chemistry from 4 games :skip:
Im really not trying to give up Grimes either to be real. We got 4 more weeks to see if it'll keep but he's been playing with a lot more confidence lately. Getting a solid 15ppg off the bench and all it would cost would be a Fournier and a protected 1st. I'm taking that

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Rose was the second best player that year, and Randle did not carry the team in the playoffs. Trae cooked them offensively and then hid defensively on Bullock.

The little fukker had multiple franchises rethink their rosters because no way he should have done what he did but he was toasting everyone.
His first playoff series ever. Coming out of Covid.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
His first playoff series ever. Coming out of Covid.
I don't think his playoff struggles can be blamed on anything but his play style at that time. He's adjusted a LOT since then. Fred Katz has a great article about how Randle's evolved this year. He's operating closer to the basket, using more pick and rolls, and he's catching the ball in motion more often. All of that should, in theory, make his life a lot easier even in the playoffs.

All that to say, I think Randle will break his playoff curse this season.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don't think his playoff struggles can be blamed on anything but his play style at that time. He's adjusted a LOT since then. Fred Katz has a great article about how Randle's evolved this year. He's operating closer to the basket, using more pick and rolls, and he's catching the ball in motion more often. All of that should, in theory, make his life a lot easier even in the playoffs.

Right. Meaning he’s grown. And so has the team. We’ve all learned from that Hawks series and we’ve learned from the Miami one too.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If da knicks are serious, you roll with the Murray move. Bigger risk yes, but higher reward, and better trade piece need be in da future. Playing with someone like trae young isn't helpful to his game..I think playing with a bunch of professionals again will get him back on track.

Brogdon is da safe move, but its low ceiling

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If da knicks are serious, you roll with the Murray move. Bigger risk yes, but higher reward, and better trade piece need be in da future. Playing with someone like trae young isn't helpful to his game..I think playing with a bunch of professionals again will get him back on track.

If you get Spurs Murray, that's a big boost. I think surrounding him with pros and a coach like Thibs will really help too.

I think it's a good sign that the Spurs think they can get him back to old form too...

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

This starts off topic with the east/west and north/south discussion but this is a great thread on Brunson’s 3pt shooting changes that allows Randle to operate more in the paint. Apparently he’s the second most accurate 3 pt shooter off the dribble only behind Harden.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York

:picard: Breh, I just went to rep you and it wouldn’t let me. Come to find out, I negged you yesterday and told you to suck my dikk (:dame:) and called you a fakkit.

:wow: My bad, breh. Not sure what I was hot about yesterday. I don’t remember. You the breh. For real for real. :salute:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Brogdon has a higher ceiling barring injury actually.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The rumor on the internet is the Knicks had a deal set up, with the lakers offer out there too but now the Spurs, 76’s and Pelicans have also made offers so we’re seeing a bidding war brewing between 5 franchises….

but you know the Knicks can’t use DM.
Lmao. Nobody is saying Murray is trash. All those teams have massive holes at the lead guard position aside from Philly. And I’m willing to bet Philly regrets that trade when Maxey’s game gets hurt next to Murray.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
At this point not sending them both to the All star game is just pure Knick hatred.

Should be

Bos- brown and tatum
Bucks- just giannis(dame doesn’t deserve it)
Sixers- embiid and maxey
Knicks- randle and brunson
Heat- bam (definitely no butler)
Cavs- mitch
Magic- blanchero
Pacers- hali

12th spot can be between trae, barnes, mikal or dame because of his constant sympathy votes