“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If by Spurs Murray you’re talking about that one year he was an All-Star and averaged like 20/8/9 nah we can’t get that because that was the product of him being on a :trash: team where as here he’d have to share the ball otherwise in his Spurs tenure he was more of a defensive oriented guard prospect/role player

To me his track record isn’t strong enough to warrant the gas or to trade more assets when arguably better fits are out there.

I get it though breh has a certain swag and played under Pop on some good Spurs teams as a young guy he’s made some headlines positive or negative and got a few accolades he’s more of a household name/popular.\
Yes, I'm talking about the defense when I talk about his Spurs play. I've been talking about his defense being the make-or-break aspect of a trade all along. He's been 20, 5, and 5 for consecutive seasons with the Hawks and he's been above 45% from the field every year since his ACL tear. His track record is good if he plays defense like he did on the Spurs.

Reduce the offensive burden on him with Brunson and Randle nearby, and he can get back to spending extra energy on defense. Plus, he can both score and playmaker for others when teams force the ball out of Brunson's hands. Brunson's catch-and-shoot numbers are really good, and Murray can find him.

It's not swag that made him worth 3 first-round picks the last time he was traded :mjlol:. Stop it. He's a good player who just entered his prime and makes reasonable money.

The funny thing is that I agree that he's not worth trading assets for (his defense coming back isn't guaranteed). I just don't think Brogdon is worth too many assets either. Neither of those dudes is worth giving up assets when we've already got a really good team and there may be more certified all-star talent available in the offseason.