“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If they just wanted C&S, they should ride it out with McBride and Grimes. Both dudes are great defenders with high C&S potential.
I’m honestly perfectly fine with this. But, you don’t think Brogdon in the Fournier piece role doesn’t help us getting a bigger fish this summer? If it’s only a shytty first and a second to get him, why not do it?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If y’all want Randle to kill in the playoffs the best bet is to surround him with snipers :manny:
I’m ALSO buying Randle in the playoffs. I know I'm being way too optimistic but I think that ankle fukked with him a lot. Everything about him just feels different this season. Hope I’m right?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I’m honestly perfectly fine with this. But, you don’t think Brogdon in the Fournier piece role doesn’t help us getting a bigger fish this summer? If it’s only a shytty first and a second to get him, why not do it?
I'm skeptical that he'll be that easy to attain. If it's as easy as Fournier and a highly protected pick, then I'm down. But I think Brogdon's gonna garner more interest than that.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
What's the 2024 draft looking like? Who are some good prospects for the Knicks?
:manny:
It’s mostly a PF/Center draft with a few interesting SF

I like PJ Hall and Ryan Dunns as potential Taj smallball center replacements. Hall is probably a second Rounder, Dunn might go too 10 but they fit the Knicks system.

Overall I think it’s a good Center draft, though most centers need a few seasons to be ready for the NBA. Alex Sarr looks good as a first overall pick. He reminds me a bit of Jaren Jackson but needs to work on his offense.

Flipside the real perk is with all the centers available the market for IHart will not be great and he should be affordable.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Bro carried team with RJ Barrett as his second best player and was hurt last season. He not on Emfraud watch just yet
Rose was the second best player that year, and Randle did not carry the team in the playoffs. Trae cooked them offensively and then hid defensively on Bullock.

The little fukker had multiple franchises rethink their rosters because no way he should have done what he did but he was toasting everyone.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I’m on the Murray bandwagon here and I’m not necessarily worry about Murray playing catch and shoot as I expect Jalen who shoots over 45 percent to handle most of that. Murray tendency to get steals in the open court is even better than Donte and with his 6’10 wingspan playing Thibs zone defense should be favorable for him. Murray doesn’t have to come in and defend the best player he just has to defend the best second option and that’s fine.

The issue with Brogdon is that you’re in the same situation you were in Pre OG trade which is too many guards and not enough minutes. Now before you say just take Deuce out the rotation I don’t think Knicks gave Deuce a three year extension with the purpose of taking him out of the rotation. I think they see him as the third PG and second PG if Murray doesn’t work out.

About Julius in the playoffs I’m not worried about it. Despite a fukked up ankle he was the best player in game two of the Miami series (25/10/8) and the best player in Cleveland of game five (13/6/5) in 16 minutes if I remember.

However if it doesn’t work out a package of Julius/Murray and picks is a more attractive trade option than Grimes/Julius/Brogdon and Picks. The difference in trading for Murray vs Brogdon in terms of draft assets should be one pick (Two needed for Murray vs One for Brogdon). So technically you are not mortgaging your future

Fournier/Grimes/Two first picks still leaves us with six tradable picks/Murray/ Julius if you have to make a move.

The Knicks have shown a great ability to accumulate assets and Dejounte is a stronger one

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
We don’t need a ball dominant guard like dejounte. Dejounte, brunson and randle in the starting lineup will not work.

Brogdon has to the target. If you can get him for fournier and a protected pick, I will drive fournier to portland myself.

Brogdon has everything we need, better shooter, and most importantly will come off the bench and will not disrupt the teams chemistry.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ah ok. I was theorizing under the floated Fournier, the Washington Pick and a second rounder for Brogdon rumor.
That's about the maximum package I'd float around the league for an upgrade. I'd love to add a significant addition to the bench. But I also feel like the writing's on the wall for a disgruntled star or two to become available in the offseason.

Maybe that's greedy, but I'm down to wait a couple weeks before jumping in any direction. We've seen 4 games since the trade, and they've been fairly dominant wins despite some obvious flaws. I think that buys this group a bit of time to see if they can work through their weak spots before we spend.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
...well he's a bench player. You wanna mortgage your future for Dejounte Murray?
The Knicks have have 8 picks on the next 3 seasons. You can always package Murray for a bigger star later. For two years now the Knicks have shown they ain’t trying to draft anybody.

We don’t need a ball dominant guard like dejounte. Dejounte, brunson and randle in the starting lineup will not work.

Brogdon has to the target. If you can get him for fournier and a protected pick, I will drive fournier to portland myself.

Brogdon has everything we need, better shooter, and most importantly will come off the bench and will not disrupt the teams chemistry.
You worried about team chemistry from 4 games :skip: