“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
No one thinks hes a star but he fits a need. We've been lookin for a solid 3 for da better part of 5 years now lol.

We needed size, length, defense, and shooting at that position and he covers all of that. RJ was playing out of position, he is a 2.

He has a 5 month trial run, if it dont work out we can trade him or clear his money off the books.We are also clearing fournier's contract off da books so we have much more flexbility.

Paying IQ 100 plus mill to come off da bench wasnt logical. Starting him beside Brunson wasnt logical either. I got mad love for IQ But that wasnt gonna work long term.

It is what it is, i woulda paid IQ and not brought over Donte, but Donte isnt making a lot and has proven over da years on title contending teams
It turned out to be a 2nd rounder and not the haul of picks initially requested so I’m not as mad at it anymore.

RJ isn’t a 2 he’s been bulked past that position that’s just an excuse his stans make no matter where he goes he’ll be a swingman playing a good dose of both positions depending on line-up.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
IQ could very likely be the best player in this deal once the dust settles (he might be already), but there was never a longterm spot for him on this team once Brunson signed and established himself as top dog.

Someone was gonna offer him a sheet north of $100m for a starter role and minutes, never made sense to match that. A trade was inevitable, using that reality to get off the RJ contract and acquire a piece who fits Thibs like a glove is good business once you get past the emotional attachment of homegrown talent.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Losing Quick sucks. Though now maybe Grimes will stop playing like a p*ssy since he doesn't have to look over his shoulder as much
i would give grimes another shot at starting. Him and OG would really b helpful on to Brunson on the defensive end.

But ya that requires grimes to stop playing scared all da time

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It will forever piss me off if they trade IQ without ever even TRYING him out next to Brunson. I get that it might have size issues, but they should at least make sure because the analytics are CRAZY positive.

That said, it makes sense why he'd be traded. He's the best player-asset; his next contract likely pushes NY over the second luxury tax (and Hartenstein's also due a raise); and the Knicks are overloaded with 6'5 and under wings. Combine him with Fournier and RJ (or Grimes, but preferably RJ) for a big wing that upgrades the starting line-up; and the minutes problems work themselves out. This is all kinda perfect to aggressively pursue OG, except that we're actively suing the Raptors :snoop:
Actively suing the raptors :ohhh:

Is there a write up on this.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This is what I would do

Knicks Trade: IQ, Hart, Grimes, draft compensation

Knicks Get: Dejuante Murray, Deandre Hunter

The trade Makes the Knicks dark horse contenders in 2024 if everyone is healthy and on the low puts pressure on Thibs to coach better because you have no excuses if everyone is healthy. IQ is disgruntled, Fournier is expiring, and Josh Hart is a equally bad contract to Hunter except Hart is healthy.

Starters
Brunson
Murray
Hunter
Randle
Mitch

Bench
DDV
Grimes
RJ
Taj (maybe)
IHart

:hubie: Everyone wants to talk about RJ but Josh Hart will make 18 Mil next year and he is putting up like 8 pts a game.
Josh hart may put up 8 points but he plays basketball. He’s playmaker that gives 100% effort to win. Just like I’m sure he’s had shooting nights where he was like 2/11 but I’m sure he had like 10 rebounds and 7 assist.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Literally ya’ll was just talking about trading people when they are at their high point

:snoop:
I admit Hunter is injury prone, but healthy he is a 6’8 combo forward you can slot next too Randle or RJ and he allows them to play RJ as a sixth man. Hart had 4 pts in 34 minutes last game and is about to be paid $18 Mil and everybody goes on some “but he is Brunson’s best friend in college“. Get him out of here now before that extension kicks in.

:what:

Murray is a risk, but the reason he failed in Atlanta was as much an issue with Trae being a selfish as anything else. We know Brunson, can play off ball. He went to the WCF playing off ball to Luka Ball.
Dawg you still impressed by size :dame:

Hunter is just a slightly better cam reddish @staticshock @Rickdogg44

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Actively suing the raptors :ohhh:

Is there a write up on this.
This is a nice summation:

. The Knicks filed a lawsuit against the Raptors in August alleging that Ikechukwu Azotam — who by the end of his three years with New York was the director of video/analytics/player development assistant — sent the Raptors organization and rookie head coach Darko Rajakovic more than 3,000 confidential, proprietary files including video scouting files and play frequency numbers, before Azotam joined the Raptors last summer. The argument the Knicks made was, in part, that Rajakovic didn’t have the depth of background and didn’t know how to build a team structure, so he stole the Knicks (despite Rajakovic having coached in Serbia, having been head coach of the Tulsa 66ers of the G-League, and being an assistant known for player development with the Thunder, Suns and Grizzlies).

• The reaction around the league — and from people who have done Azotam’s job with other teams and spoke with NBC Sports — could be boiled down to eye rolls and “only James Dolan” responses (the Knicks owner is notoriously litigious). While the information was moved in a rather awkward fashion (through Dropbox) it was not seen as anything crazy or outside how things typically operate around the league.