“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Let’s be real you just don’t want your man traded.

RJ, Fournier, picks. Easy deal. You only stand to gain with more assets to swing for another player.

PG’s asking price is higher.
Yeah but at least with PG it makes sense. The issue with that trade was they wanted Grimes and RJ and you take those and the depth gets fukked. Plus the Clippers don’t want to do that trade.
It didn’t change.

They were 99th percentile defenders with top of the league matchup difficulty. This is a Grimey tweet from later that season.

U RJ stans make me sick how about the RJ link which was for the whole season.
yeah but the tweet had Cam Reddish as one of the best defenders based on matchup. We know that isn’t telling the whole story so I just question the whole thing

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
idgaf if rj is traded
I'm moving rj and whoever for paul george ina heart beat.
i'm tired of 6'4 and shorter guards. I'd rather watch grimes grow than see a older combo guard come here to die at 35 years old
exactly it’s not just RJ bring Jrue here is fukking over Grimes, IQ, and DDV. The Knicks need a wing/forward

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yeah but at least with PG it makes sense. The issue with that trade was they wanted Grimes and RJ and you take those and the depth gets fukked. Plus the Clippers don’t want to do that trade.

yeah but the tweet had Cam Reddish as one of the best defenders based on matchup. We know that isn’t telling the whole story so I just question the whole thing
Which tweet? The first one he was in the video was for the season prior.

Its possible to have a high matchup difficulty but be bad defensively. Which is the case with Reddish which is why he was on that list with RJ as one of the worst defenders in the league.

That's not the case for Jrue or Grimes who not only have a high matchup difficulty but they're elite stoppers and good off the ball defenders as well. Both are able to slide 1-3 defensively if needed. I've seen Jrue guard guys like DeRozan, Butler, and Tatum.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
exactly it’s not just RJ bring Jrue here is fukking over Grimes, IQ, and DDV. The Knicks need a wing/forward
Nobody is getting fukked over. Grimes, Hart, DDV can all get minutes at the 3. We'll just be undersized but RJ's defense hurts us more than DDV or Grimes or Holiday defense slotted at the 3.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Which tweet? The first one he was in the video was for the season prior.

Its possible to have a high matchup difficulty but be bad defensively. Which is the case with Reddish which is why he was on that list with RJ as one of the worst defenders in the league.

That's not the case for Jrue or Grimes who not only have a high matchup difficulty but they're elite stoppers and good off the ball defenders as well. Both are able to slide 1-3 defensively if needed. I've seen Jrue guard guys like Butler and Tatum.
brother I just saw jimmy butler average 40 on his head

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
brother I just saw jimmy butler average 40 on his head
It's fukking Jimmy Butler.

Its one matchup over the course of a few games…Jrue is bringing way more defensive value over the course of a season than Barrett.

Last edited:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Nobody is getting fukked over. Grimes, Hart, DDV can all get minutes at the 3. We'll just be undersized but RJ's defense hurts us more than DDV or Grimes or Holiday defense slotted at the 3.
Bro you say that like that won’t be exploited to high heaven. The team is already a bit undersized 1-4 take RJ out for Jrue and the team is absolutely undersized 1-3.

At least be reasonable with your trade targets.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Bro you say that like that won’t be exploited to high heaven. The team is already a bit undersized 1-4 take RJ out for Jrue and the team is absolutely undersized 1-3.

At least be reasonable with your trade targets.
What don’t you understand.

Jrue is tiers better than RJ defensively.

If teams want to “exploit” or “target” Holiday and Grimes defensively they can be my guest.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
if yall make move for jrue yall jump cavs/76rs.. ranked right below bucks/celts

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Its one matchup over the course of a few games…Jrue is bringing way more defensive value over the course of a season than Barrett.
Until Jimmy drops 40 on his head in the playoffs….

The only person who really shyt the bed in the playoffs on the low was Obi v. Kevin love in game 1 and Mitch v. Bam though Randle and IQ had injury excuses.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
What don’t you understand.

Jrue is tiers better than RJ defensively.

If teams want to “exploit” or “target” Holiday and Grimes defensively they can be my guest.
Jrue is another playoff ghost how many of those do you want on this team?

:what:
We should move Randle, because he turns into a bytch ass two years in a row, and save RJ for a better trade.

Real talk this team needs to see how they can finesse Donovan Mitchell fukk all this other shyt.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think you can get away with the smaller unit by switching everything. It's a whole bunch of really active, aggressive defenders. I do want to bring in more size, but I'd take that risk.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Until Jimmy drops 40 on his head in the playoffs….

The only person who really shyt the bed in the playoffs on the low was Obi v. Kevin love in game 1 and Mitch v. Bam thought Randle and IQ had injury excuses.
Jimmy Butler is an elite player stop bringing that shyt up.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Jimmy Butler is an elite player stop bringing that shyt up.
What, the fact Jimmy dropped so many points on Jrue’s head the Bucks shipped him out for Dame?

That’s a really important fact…. the only one that would be higher is Jrue is 33 and was talking about retiring after this contract ends a few months ago.

I’m not even saying don’t trade RJ but they should wait to see if they can get Donovan Mitchell first. That situation seems like it could be real advantageous to the Knicks if they show some patience.