“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most NBA fans won't see the value in Mitch but him getting those offensive rebounds was one of the biggest reasons we were able to have such an efficient iso based offense. He's still very underrated on defense too.

The Knicks still have this weird stigma around the team that keeps other people from accurately assessing them.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Most NBA fans won't see the value in Mitch but him getting those offensive rebounds was one of the biggest reasons we were able to have such an efficient iso based offense. He's still very underrated on defense too.

The Knicks still have this weird stigma around the team that keeps other people from accurately assessing them.
We lose to the Cavs without him

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He’s not worth multiple 1st tho

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He’s not worth multiple 1st tho
He is because teams are starting to value offensive rebounding.

Mitch on most nights is a double double and bringing paint protection and now with his weight loss he could be more switchable and able to pay higher on the P&R and block threes like he used to. He brings no range, post moves, and doesn’t screen well but his positives and impact outweigh his weaknesses.

Mitch is a young above average big the average first rounder is a bum.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Holiday said he wants to hang up the jersey in 2 years. He's 33 now. He wants another ring so him coming here would be fukking stupid. This team not a title contender Jrue does what? Adds maybe 5 more wins? That does nothing in the grand scheme but make us have less picks and cap. He's going to be washed in another season that's an Isaiah Thomas move:hhh:
Who says we’re not a title contender with Jrue? The league is wide open right now there is a lot of parity. U can't think that way lol the FO will also still have plenty of assets after the trade to potentially bring in Hoel.

With Jrue we aren't losing anything. Fournier's expiring contract, one of Barrett who is addition by subtraction or Quickley who we'd need to extend and who could potentially start elsewhere, and maybe a pick or two. Jrue fits Thibs and our unit like a glove we added Donte as a depth piece as well. Also, no Jrue isn't going to be washed he is coming off one of the better seasons of his career. His game isn't based off athleticism he is a big physical guard with footwork. Holiday will remain effective into his mid-30's barring major injuries

There is almost no downside to trading for him.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
We are not trading RJ for a 33 year old Jrue.

You know I go to bat for RJ. But I genuinely think Jrue is worth it. He's arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA, and a better floor spacer for everyone else. We'd have a size concern, but it'd be a lot easier to find a big wing role player then an all-star who fits Thibs and Brunson this well.

To put it in perspective. You'd be looking at a rotation of Holiday, Grimes, IQ, Hart, and Divincenzo on the wings. That's with Mitchell Robinson and I-Hart waiting in the paint. The defense would have everything necessary to cover for Brunson and Randle's weaknesses on that end.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You know I go to bat for RJ. But I genuinely think Jrue is worth it. He's arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA, and a better floor spacer for everyone else. We'd have a size concern, but it'd be a lot easier to find a big wing role player then an all-star who fits Thibs and Brunson this well.

To put it in perspective. You'd be looking at a rotation of Holiday, Grimes, IQ, Hart, and Divincenzo on the wings. That's with Mitchell Robinson and I-Hart waiting in the paint. The defense would have everything necessary to cover for Brunson and Randle's weaknesses on that end.
You and @ISO have me conflicted :mjcry:

Would we be trading RJ AND picks?!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You and @ISO have me conflicted :mjcry:

Would we be trading RJ AND picks?!
The proposal I saw was RJ and Fournier plus 2 picks (or IQ, I-Hart, Fournier plus 2 picks but I prefer the RJ version). But they didn't specify which picks. I'd guess at least one is protected.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Jrue doesn't fit the timeline or needs at his size.

As much I dislike RJ. I ain't trading him for somebody 5 inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter, lol.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Jrue doesn't fit the timeline or needs at his size.

As much I dislike RJ. I ain't trading him for somebody 5 inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter, lol.
What does this matter. Jrue is far better than Barrett on both ends. Also, Jrue is 3 inches shorter and just as sturdy built.

The Knicks would literally be better off defensively with Jrue or Grimes despite any differences in size because Barrett is that bad defensively especially off the ball.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
He is because teams are starting to value offensive rebounding.

Mitch on most nights is a double double and bringing paint protection and now with his weight loss he could be more switchable and able to pay higher on the P&R and block threes like he used to. He brings no range, post moves, and doesn’t screen well but his positives and impact outweigh his weaknesses.

Mitch is a young above average big the average first rounder is a bum.
Most of this is because this team didn't have any type of staff structure when he was drafted here. We still don't have any skilled coaches for bigs like we have with J Bryant for guards. Mitch IS our defense without him this team falls off a cliff