Votes: 38 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
The idea that hollow was all jokes and lux was bar heavy is both ridiculous and stannish

If Lux fans are going to run to superior writer to hand lux every battle then why have lux in the ring in the first place? Everybody knows he the best lyricist.k and if anybody else said that actual punch it would get no reaction. The only way to make lux "bars" land is to put up the whole set up.
That kinda goes both ways, we all know lux is bars and performance and that hollow adds humor and freestyles with that. Does hollow automatically win every time because we know he's gonna do more stuff than everyone? For someone to say lux won because he was lyrically better while having top notch performance isn't wrong. And people only care what other people say about a battle when they want to. Every battler said DNA KILLED chill and no one wanted to hear that, otbva is normally looked at as a joke till now.

Last edited:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
The idea that hollow was all jokes and lux was bar heavy is both ridiculous and stannish

If Lux fans are going to run to superior writer to hand lux every battle then why have lux in the ring in the first place? Everybody knows he the best lyricist. It's laughable to me to watch some posters who look at the other aspects of battle rap when they want to ride out for clips or Tay Tay suddenly lose that objectivity when they want to debate lux vs hollow.

I don't think shyt is clear but let's be reality lux did not out bar hollow because lux strength is not his bars or punches it's his word play. Hollow had better actual punches. Like with lux if you just put his end punch up like the backyardigan bar it looks weak and if anybody else said that actual punch it would get no reaction. The only way to make lux "bars" land is to put up the whole set up.

But then to ignore hollow punches and front like all he did was tell jokes tells me you are not objective to this battle and lux was going to win in your mind anyway. It's just flat out not true.

I've watched this battle at least 10 times and how I felt about it before still stands for me. Hollow was the more complete battle rapper. Lux only won on wordplay and lyricism which was a given. All other aspects of battle rap hollow won on. Bars and actual punches, jokes, schemes, angles of attack, rebuttals, freestyling, etc lux lacked in all those departments

And I as much as anybody know I hold bars over everything in high regards but I have always said you can be
The ultimate performer and be funny but you have to have bars too. I'm not high on hitman calicoe clips and Tay Tay for this reason. Hollow was not that he had all the performance jokes etc but he was lyrically great as well. I'm not judging what a crowd cheered for because it was clear lux had a crowd there simply for him that was screaming at a ton of shyt from him that didn't deserve it and they were heckling hollow all battle. I'm talking the actual content

Nobody got killed, it's a classic battle lux is in my top now, but he lost this battle IMO he once again losing this poll, he getting destroyed on the polls on otbva and rmbva and all notable recaps have hollow winning. I bring that up to point out we not crazy if we think hollow won

why are you guys on this crusade trying to force your opinions on others? if you feel hollow won, cool..but some people disagree. and thres really nothing you can say to change the mind. so lets just agree to disagree. I dont care about no internet polls when majority of the people engaging in polls, are the younger crowd who gravitate more towards Hollows style anyways. Hollows strong points in the battle were his jokes and freestyles...yes he had bars, but A they werent on the level of Lux, and B if you notice everyone who saying he won, is saying he won because he did more then just bars...which is basically pointing to the fact that he was entertaining and had jokes and freestyles. Thats hollows strong points. I thought this was well known? so when I say I prefer bars over jokes...I mean that..thats how I choose to judge battles. and his freestyles dont mean much to me, cuz this is a WRITTEN BATTLE.

Last edited:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah y'all not crazy because the 2nd and 3rd are debatable.....Lux brought schemes as well, it's just that hollow and lux are original enough in their own respected crafts to NOT take the "chilla jones" set up to scheming. Polls don't mean sh!t.....its waaaaaay more people that just wanted to see Lux lose just because in this battle. At least you can hold a debate as to why you feel Hollow won. I salute you for not even bringing up that blacface sh!t which was pointless....how that was the shocker/haymaker of the night for battle rap fans and battle rappers alike watching that is just mind boggling to me.

the thing about the blackface thing is, it was funny...to me I laughed cuz of the way blackface was actin when he got brought out.......but like you said it was pointless. Lux didnt even flinch. I heard someone say "that blackface was epic, look at lux's face when he came out"

then I went back and looked at his face, and he had the same face he did throughout the entire battle :stopitslime:...so i dont get it.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Nah y'all not crazy because the 2nd and 3rd are debatable.....Lux brought schemes as well, it's just that hollow and lux are original enough in their own respected crafts to NOT take the "chilla jones" set up to scheming. Polls don't mean sh!t.....its waaaaaay more people that just wanted to see Lux lose just because in this battle. At least you can hold a debate as to why you feel Hollow won. I salute you for not even bringing up that blacface sh!t which was pointless....how that was the shocker/haymaker of the night for battle rap fans and battle rappers alike watching that is just mind boggling to me.
and just to make it clear, in no way am i just taking shots at people on this board, its some idiots here but this has been the most objective board, by far as other boards have been ridiculous. but its some nonsense here too. im just being general for the most part. i didnt say much but all these aliases coming over here and some hypocrisy from other posters pushed me to respond. im almost tempted to pull up they arguments when it came to riding for clips or tay rock to really put them on blast.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
why are you guys on this crusade trying to force your opinions on others? if you feel hollow won, cool..but some people disagree. and thres really nothing you can say to change the mind. so lets just agree to disagree. I dont care about no internet polls when majority of the people engaging in polls, are the younger crowd who gravitate more towards Hollows style anyways. Hollows strong points in the battle were his jokes and freestyles...yes he had bars, but A they werent on the level of Lux, and B if you notice everyone who saying he won, is saying he won because he did more then just bars...which is basically pointing to the fact that he was entertaining and had jokes and freestyles. Thats hollows strong points. I thought this was well known? so when I say I prefer bars over jokes...I mean that..thats how I choose to judge battles. and his freestyles dont mean much to me, cuz this is a WRITTEN BATTLE.

Nah not exactly....you can do whatever you want....you just gotta be dope at it.....when clips or big kannon freestyles, depending on if their focused and not playing can spazz just freestyling or rebuttaling. Hollow just doesn't have that umph in those categories where that sh!t lands hard....like i said a few posts back, what's being said and how it's said is critical in a battle. I said Hollow would have to have "building shaking" type of rebuttals for a battle of this magnitude...i give him a B+ just for being able to rebuttal on the fly, nothing landed to where it would hurt lux or anybody for that matter. Now if Hollow was thinking to respond with that smooth criminal rebuttal to the "stand up nikkas don't lean" like jayblac tweeted would of been ill. BUT Hollow would have to put aggression behind it to make it stick like it should because on paper it's a dope reply.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
That kinda goes both ways, we all know lux is bars and performance and that hollow adds humor and freestyles with that. Does hollow automatically win every time because we know he's gonna do more stuff than everyone? For someone to say lux won because he was lyrically better while having top notch performance isn't wrong. And people only care what other people say about a battle when they want to. Every battler said DNA KILLED chill and no one wanted to hear that, otbva is normally looked at as a joke till now.
i agree with that. so i looked at who was superior in what they do do. and imo, hollow was better at what he do than lux was at what he do. that hollow was probably the best ive ever seen him, where as we still have seen a better lux, vs miles. add on the fact lux angle was practically the same exact thing he did vs calicoe. although "this mister clark battling sam on the roof, JUMP NIKKA!!" :damn: is still one of my fav moments but hollow angles were more newer and fresher and that might be because lux never battles and those angles popped more but we all were aware of that before the battle. the fact is having that info means nothing without a dude who can execute it well. cal had that same info and couldnt pull shyt off. hollow worked lux all 3 rounds with those angles

and of course otbva is a joke, i was just pointing out that based on the overwhelming votes in favor of hollow on other sites and recaps that means we not exactly losing it over here to believe hollow won it. that is at least evidence that its debatable. so people acting as if hollow was so trash and people only following him cause they hate lux or because they also lost nikkas is crazy cause this hate for lux didnt exist when everybody was forgiving him for a 1st rd choke and calling him god after the cal battle. nobody rode with the lost nikka when cal was getting torched. cant have it both ways is all im saying.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah not exactly....you can do whatever you want....you just gotta be dope at it.....when clips or big kannon freestyles, depending on if their focused and not playing can spazz just freestyling or rebuttaling. Hollow just doesn't have that umph in those categories where that sh!t lands hard....like i said a few posts back, what's being said and how it's said is critical in a battle. I said Hollow would have to have "building shaking" type of rebuttals for a battle of this magnitude...i give him a B+ just for being able to rebuttal on the fly, nothing landed to where it would hurt lux or anybody for that matter. Now if Hollow was thinking to respond with that smooth criminal rebuttal to the "stand up nikkas don't lean" like jayblac tweeted would of been ill. BUT Hollow would have to put aggression behind it to make it stick like it should because on paper it's a dope reply.

he delivered the Eddie Murphy pants and hells angels jacket pretty dope tho :patrice:

even I was like :huhldup:

the diva freestyle was pretty good too.. after the first round though I wasn't impressed as far as freestyles is concerned

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I liked his round 1 and 3 rebuttals a lot :ehh: well how he ended the 3rd round rebuttal anyway. That stack chips in the can shyt was tough.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
i agree with that. so i looked at who was superior in what they do do. and imo, hollow was better at what he do than lux was at what he do. that hollow was probably the best ive ever seen him, where as we still have seen a better lux, vs miles. add on the fact lux angle was practically the same exact thing he did vs calicoe. although "this mister clark battling sam on the roof, JUMP NIKKA!!" :damn: is still one of my fav moments but hollow angles were more newer and fresher and that might be because lux never battles and those angles popped more but we all were aware of that before the battle. the fact is having that info means nothing without a dude who can execute it well. cal had that same info and couldnt pull shyt off. hollow worked lux all 3 rounds with those angles

and of course otbva is a joke, i was just pointing out that based on the overwhelming votes in favor of hollow on other sites and recaps that means we not exactly losing it over here to believe hollow won it. that is at least evidence that its debatable. so people acting as if hollow was so trash and people only following him cause they hate lux or because they also lost nikkas is crazy cause this hate for lux didnt exist when everybody was forgiving him for a 1st rd choke and calling him god after the cal battle. nobody rode with the lost nikka when cal was getting torched. cant have it both ways is all im saying.
I think that's where I'm stuck on this battle and what makes me wanna lean towards hollow. He was at his absolute best ever, and while lux was great you can't tell me you don't think he could have went even harder. Hollow was on some shyt. That version of hollow trashes EVERYONE.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
dude throughout this thread you have been the crusader, you have nearly 3x the post as anybody else trying to tell us how lux won. just stop with that one. and you were one of the first ones to point out when lux had a 2 vote lead on hollow and now that hollow has that lead back its polls dont matter.

my post was in response to what i have read over the past few days period. i did not come in here and post nearly 30x trying to push a opinion. i gave my thoughts and bounced. i thought this thread would be a core group of battle rap fans discussing a classic and leaving it there. the only reason i have to respond as i did was because you and some others have come in here and spewed some clear untruths.

i would hope that we could get back on track and just appreciate a classic battle and not come up with untruthful observations of this battle just to make a argument for who they think won.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What made this battle so great to me was they both took similar angles

Hollow came out the gate on some "dont follow lux yall, he's a fake greedy preacher.and hes a hypocrite."

and Lux was on some "ok, you can call me fake and greedy, but im the king of this rap shyt, and i just made you the most money ever, and if yall dont wanna follow me cool, but yall gonna follow a junky?"

greatest battle ever :whew:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dude throughout this thread you have been the crusader, you have nearly 3x the post as anybody else trying to tell us how lux won. just stop with that one. and you were one of the first ones to point out when lux had a 2 vote lead on hollow and now that hollow has that lead back its polls dont matter.

my post was in response to what i have read over the past few days period. i did not come in here and post nearly 30x trying to push a opinion. i gave my thoughts and bounced. i thought this thread would be a core group of battle rap fans discussing a classic and leaving it there. the only reason i have to respond as i did was because you and some others have come in here and spewed some clear untruths.

i would hope that we could get back on track and just appreciate a classic battle and not come up with untruthful observations of this battle just to make a argument for who they think won.

nah ive just stated my opinion. Im not pushing my opinions on anyone. if you think Hollow won, cool :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that's where I'm stuck on this battle and what makes me wanna lean towards hollow. He was at his absolute best ever, and while lux was great you can't tell me you don't think he could have went even harder. Hollow was on some shyt. That version of hollow trashes EVERYONE.

That's where the time limit was honestly fukked up for both sides.....Hollow wasn't on his sh!t until rounds 2 and 3. Hollow was shinin' with his angle in round 2, and had some sh!t as well in his 3rd. At times Hollow just had a little more filler then Lux and that plays a role in who i thought won also.

Crownheights718

Brooklyn boy, I might take some getting use to!
Daps
Reppin
I'm Everywhere, you aint neva there
That's cool but I could say the same for Lux, especially his first. It took forever for him to get to the point...
To each is own. I like rappers that have replay value. i skip through hollows verses now when I watch the battle. too many dry spots and i got everything off first listen so its like hearing the same joke over and over.

I can appreciate comedy, but with me its bars over jokes. i can also appreciate his freestyling, but this is a WRITTEN battle league. I would rather him go home and write the hardest bars he possibly can, and spit it...rather then freestyle and take chances. He's a good freestyler, but since this is a WRITTEN battle league, it doesnt hold any weight to me. Had this been a freestyle battle, then yeah I'd give it to Hollow.

I'll give it up to him though. he played with the cards he was dealt. He know bar for bar he not seein lux, so he had to take the comedy apprach and try and discredit Lux. Thing is, Lux is still regarded as the top dog in battle rap even though many people think he lost. So at best to some hollow won the battle, but he didnt win the war.

and btw...Hova aint the goat :ufdup:

I dapped this cuz I :russ: At the end!! Argument for another thread, but........ He's the best alive. "Men lie, Women lie, ###'s don't." :manny:

Crownheights718

Brooklyn boy, I might take some getting use to!
Daps
Reppin
I'm Everywhere, you aint neva there

If Lux fans are going to run to superior writer to hand lux every battle then why have lux in the ring in the first place? Everybody knows he the best lyricist. It's laughable to me to watch some posters who look at the other aspects of battle rap when they want to ride out for clips or Tay Tay suddenly lose that objectivity when they want to debate lux vs hollow.

I don't think shyt is clear but let's be reality lux did not out bar hollow because lux strength is not his bars or punches it's his word play. Hollow had better actual punches. Like with lux if you just put his end punch up like the backyardigan bar it looks weak and if anybody else said that actual punch it would get no reaction. The only way to make lux "bars" land is to put up the whole set up.

But then to ignore hollow punches and front like all he did was tell jokes tells me you are not objective to this battle and lux was going to win in your mind anyway. It's just flat out not true.

I've watched this battle at least 10 times and how I felt about it before still stands for me. Hollow was the more complete battle rapper. Lux only won on wordplay and lyricism which was a given. All other aspects of battle rap hollow won on. Bars and actual punches, jokes, schemes, angles of attack, rebuttals, freestyling, etc lux lacked in all those departments

And I as much as anybody know I hold bars over everything in high regards but I have always said you can be
The ultimate performer and be funny but you have to have bars too. I'm not high on hitman calicoe clips and Tay Tay for this reason. Hollow was not that he had all the performance jokes etc but he was lyrically great as well. I'm not judging what a crowd cheered for because it was clear lux had a crowd there simply for him that was screaming at a ton of shyt from him that didn't deserve it and they were heckling hollow all battle. I'm talking the actual content

Nobody got killed, it's a classic battle lux is in my top now, but he lost this battle IMO he once again losing this poll, he getting destroyed on the polls on otbva and rmbva and all notable recaps have hollow winning. I bring that up to point out we not crazy if we think hollow won

I salute you bruh. :salute:I'm in agreement with your assessment of this battle.