Votes: 38 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I wonder how that bit about drake would have fit into hollows 2nd. shyt seemed kinda filler-ish in that video :patrice:I think he did good leaving that out at the last minute.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
THIS. Plus the fact that there seems to be a general consensus because his bars were more intricate that Lux AUTOMATICALLY wins and don't even entertain Hollow. Like if this was a who is more lyrical contest there is no doubt in my mind it was Lux 3 - 0 or 2 - 1 . But objectively looking at as a who went at who more plus who was more original with their approaches, I honestly cannot see how you can give Lux the win even after multiple watches. But at the end of the day this is a classic.

at first i had this battle being debatable day 1. but after watchin it 4 times. i have lux winning 2-1. hollow had alot of bars that didnt land as expected

Daps
Reppin
NULL
All these Lux fans and Hollow fans.... Get off their dikk and judge the battle without bias. Lux is the truth and Hollow has earned his right over time.

I'm giving this to Hollow on the strength of my first reaction when I first seen the battle. I was leaning 3-0, then settled on 2-1 (As did many others). This is no indication that lux got destroyed IMO. I'm simply edging the rounds to Hollow. Did Lux outbar the nikka? Yes! Get over it. I'm not judging a battle on straight bars, though you must be punching and hitting with bars. To me if all you got is bars, I see you in the same light as a nikka who has crazy handle and dribbles like a motherfukker. It looks lovely, but points aren't put on the board from dribbling, nor are games one in that manner.

I just feel Hollow had more. Angles, personals, jokes, rebuttals.... Lux had personals (drugs..which we knew, reminds me of B Rabbit tho. Lux tell me something I didn't know) no rebuttals, no real angles. He had tho Drake shyt, but that hit hard with Lux stans. I thought it was catchy ass fukk and quotable as hell, but meh as far as I'm concerned on other fronts. It's like when nikkas mention Joe Budden to Surf. I don't care to hear what nikkas gotta say with it. Felt like Hollow demonstrated different tempos n had nice change of flows through certain rounds. Just felt like it was more than what Lux offered.

My opinion tho. Just tired of seeing what I assume to be grown folks dikk riding. Lmao.

On another note, if there's new nikkas here that weren't giving their two cents before, let them. Stop acting like y'all in some exclusive club nikkas can't be apart of. This battle was always going to bring a bunch of people out the wood work, it's arguably the biggest battle in battle rap history. The real winner is TheColi.com. New users, new activity, more traffic, you get the picture.

You ole "I was here first and I hate to see these new people here" ass nikkas. Lmao!!!!!! @Brooklynzson

As far as angles Lux only could use what he had to work with.....and surprisingly his 3rd round still hit harder then Hollow's. My whole thing with personals and rebuttals is that they have to hit....which Hollow's efforts in those regards had none of that. Just because bring you more to the gun fight, don't mean your aim is still better then the next man. In his 1st round after the eddie murphy and circus act/ fire round lines Hollow sh!t was all over the place. His 2nd round was more structured and broke Lux style down, meanwhile Lux was more of his old self in this battle and was punchin' on Hollow, with lines even the slowest n!gga should comprehend. So it ex's out half the rant. Rushing his delivery at times still stands and to Hollow's credit he got half the job done with that ups line which was dope. The 3rd was a tie....do i feel Lux had the more hard hitting round of course, but Hollow addressed a lot of sh!t about Lux. The blacfac sh!t was pointless, and the coke rumor been floatin' around since the smack era days when him and Oun P was suppose to battle and threw shots at each other. So that was nothin' new to hear at all. Everything else Hollow stated had Lux kinda tight tho.

Crownheights718

Brooklyn boy, I might take some getting use to!
Daps
Reppin
I'm Everywhere, you aint neva there
LOL @ you feeding into Hollows angle. Lux raps fast, so I dont always here his punchlines on the first listen. This is has nothing to do with forcing a punchline to make sense :camby:

I think in the battle rap realm a person shouldn't have to watch the shyt over n over to catch everything. Some people are going to be able to make all the references and put it together and others aren't. I don't mind him rapping fast, I just didn't feel how he did it this battle. It was on some stop n play shyt.

I mean but to put some perspective on this, the GOAT Hova started his career rapping fast until he got that advice to slow it down. It's not how fast and how much u squeezing in, it's always going to be quality over quantity.

FYI tho, I didn't understand shyt in Notorious thugs , but when Bone Thugz started going in I mumbled the shyt out of their verse. Lol.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Yeah I think daylyt was right :patrice: No ones really wrong with their reasons for why the other won. Bars and strong performance vs freestyles, jokes and some bars as well. Whose wrong they both had hard hitting personals even though lux shyt in the 3rd hit the hardest to me:patrice: Only wrong opinion is 3-0 either way. The fact that its this close is a win for hollow though. I still watch this all the time.

Last edited:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
I think in the battle rap realm a person shouldn't have to watch the shyt over n over to catch everything. Some people are going to be able to make all the references and put it together and others aren't. I don't mind him rapping fast, I just didn't feel how he did it this battle. It was on some stop n play shyt.

I mean but to put some perspective on this, the GOAT Hova started his career rapping fast until he got that advice to slow it down. It's not how fast and how much u squeezing in, it's always going to be quality over quantity.

FYI tho, I didn't understand shyt in Notorious thugs , but when Bone Thugz started going in I mumbled the shyt out of their verse. Lol.

To each is own. I like rappers that have replay value. i skip through hollows verses now when I watch the battle. too many dry spots and i got everything off first listen so its like hearing the same joke over and over.

I can appreciate comedy, but with me its bars over jokes. i can also appreciate his freestyling, but this is a WRITTEN battle league. I would rather him go home and write the hardest bars he possibly can, and spit it...rather then freestyle and take chances. He's a good freestyler, but since this is a WRITTEN battle league, it doesnt hold any weight to me. Had this been a freestyle battle, then yeah I'd give it to Hollow.

I'll give it up to him though. he played with the cards he was dealt. He know bar for bar he not seein lux, so he had to take the comedy apprach and try and discredit Lux. Thing is, Lux is still regarded as the top dog in battle rap even though many people think he lost. So at best to some hollow won the battle, but he didnt win the war.

and btw...Hova aint the goat :ufdup:

Last edited:

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
Yeah I think daylyt was right :patrice: No ones really wrong with their reasons for why the other won. Bars and strong performance vs freestyles, jokes and some bars as well. Whose wrong they both had hard hitting personals even though lux shyt in the 3rd hit the hardest to me:patrice: Only wrong opinion is 3-0 either way. The fact that its this close is a win for hollow though. I still watch this all the time.

No. A Bodybag is the only wrong opinion. Thinking someone edged all three is in no way shape or form in correct. Then you're just giving them a round because it's a close round. I did the same thing with jc vs chilla

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
The idea that hollow was all jokes and lux was bar heavy is both ridiculous and stannish

If Lux fans are going to run to superior writer to hand lux every battle then why have lux in the ring in the first place? Everybody knows he the best lyricist. It's laughable to me to watch some posters who look at the other aspects of battle rap when they want to ride out for clips or Tay Tay suddenly lose that objectivity when they want to debate lux vs hollow.

I don't think shyt is clear but let's be reality lux did not out bar hollow because lux strength is not his bars or punches it's his word play. Hollow had better actual punches. Like with lux if you just put his end punch up like the backyardigan bar it looks weak and if anybody else said that actual punch it would get no reaction. The only way to make lux "bars" land is to put up the whole set up.

But then to ignore hollow punches and front like all he did was tell jokes tells me you are not objective to this battle and lux was going to win in your mind anyway. It's just flat out not true.

I've watched this battle at least 10 times and how I felt about it before still stands for me. Hollow was the more complete battle rapper. Lux only won on wordplay and lyricism which was a given. All other aspects of battle rap hollow won on. Bars and actual punches, jokes, schemes, angles of attack, rebuttals, freestyling, etc lux lacked in all those departments

And I as much as anybody know I hold bars over everything in high regards but I have always said you can be
The ultimate performer and be funny but you have to have bars too. I'm not high on hitman calicoe clips and Tay Tay for this reason. Hollow was not that he had all the performance jokes etc but he was lyrically great as well. I'm not judging what a crowd cheered for because it was clear lux had a crowd there simply for him that was screaming at a ton of shyt from him that didn't deserve it and they were heckling hollow all battle. I'm talking the actual content

Nobody got killed, it's a classic battle lux is in my top now, but he lost this battle IMO he once again losing this poll, he getting destroyed on the polls on otbva and rmbva and all notable recaps have hollow winning. I bring that up to point out we not crazy if we think hollow won

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
No. A Bodybag is the only wrong opinion. Thinking someone edged all three is in no way shape or form in correct. Then you're just giving them a round because it's a close round. I did the same thing with jc vs chilla
idk I can't see a 3-0 edge for either, its not really giving the other enough credit. I didn't agree with 3-0 edging every round with chilla and jc either though.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The idea that hollow was all jokes and lux was bar heavy is both ridiculous and stannish

If Lux fans are going to run to superior writer to hand lux every battle then why have lux in the ring in the first place? Everybody knows he the best lyricist. It's laughable to me to watch some posters who look at the other aspects of battle rap when they want to ride out for clips or Tay Tay suddenly lose that objectivity when they want to debate lux vs hollow.

I don't think shyt is clear but let's be reality lux did not out bar hollow because lux strength is not his bars or punches it's his word play. Hollow had better actual punches. Like with lux if you just put his end punch up like the backyardigan bar it looks weak and if anybody else said that actual punch it would get no reaction. The only way to make lux "bars" land is to put up the whole set up.

But then to ignore hollow punches and front like all he did was tell jokes tells me you are not objective to this battle and lux was going to win in your mind anyway. It's just flat out not true.

I've watched this battle at least 10 times and how I felt about it before still stands for me. Hollow was the more complete battle rapper. Lux only won on wordplay and lyricism which was a given. All other aspects of battle rap hollow won on. Bars and actual punches, jokes, schemes, angles of attack, rebuttals, freestyling, etc lux lacked in all those departments

And I as much as anybody know I hold bars over everything in high regards but I have always said you can be
The ultimate performer and be funny but you have to have bars too. I'm not high on hitman calicoe clips and Tay Tay for this reason. Hollow was not that he had all the performance jokes etc but he was lyrically great as well. I'm not judging what a crowd cheered for because it was clear lux had a crowd there simply for him that was screaming at a ton of shyt from him that didn't deserve it and they were heckling hollow all battle. I'm talking the actual content

Nobody got killed, it's a classic battle lux is in my top now, but he lost this battle IMO he once again losing this poll, he getting destroyed on the polls on otbva and rmbva and all notable recaps have hollow winning. I bring that up to point out we not crazy if we think hollow won

Nah y'all not crazy because the 2nd and 3rd are debatable.....Lux brought schemes as well, it's just that hollow and lux are original enough in their own respected crafts to NOT take the "chilla jones" set up to scheming. Polls don't mean sh!t.....its waaaaaay more people that just wanted to see Lux lose just because in this battle. At least you can hold a debate as to why you feel Hollow won. I salute you for not even bringing up that blacface sh!t which was pointless....how that was the shocker/haymaker of the night for battle rap fans and battle rappers alike watching that is just mind boggling to me.