Votes: 70 39.8%
  • Debatable

Votes: 38 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That whole back up INFRONT of you. Dont know if im reaching but that could be a link to back up (hard drive) implying your pc is infront of you.

It's a bit of a reach because right before he said "data for this match up you prolly was runnin' to"......and hollow did some tweeting here and there of old lux footage on his tl i know for sure it was the lux vs dee battle, and some interview he did....and i'm pretty positive that hollow did more research on lux interviews, battle and bar wise (cyphers). Cause for 40k and it being the biggest battle nobody knew what version of lux would show up.

It could be an easter egg though with wordplay on back up as relates to hard drive/hard driven attack....

Last edited:

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
It's a bit of a reach because right before he said "data for this match up you prolly was runnin' to"......and hollow did some tweeting here and there of old lux footage on his tl i know for sure it was the lux vs dee battle, and some interview he did....and i'm pretty positive that hollow did more research on lux interviews, battle and bar wise (cyphers). Cause for 40k and it being the biggest battle nobody knew what version of lux would show up.

It could be an easter egg though with wordplay on back up as relates to hard drive/hard driven attack....

Yeah I think so too, its just I heard pc terminology and thought what if?

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
No, based on overall performance it was felt that he won the last two rounds. You're looking at it from a position that Lux is automatically putting on a better show and that Hollow can't possibly do that so anyone who voted for Hollow is just giving him a vote for not looking like a fool. The thing is that in immediate aftermath of the match, it was heavily slanted towards Hollow winning in here. He was up 20+% and it was the onslaught of non-regulars in here that eventually pushed Lux towards that tie. It's all these people commenting that never post in here or weren't commenting during the event. If you look at it like that, the more seasoned fan is the one giving Hollow his props and it's the fans that only know Lux or his message that are shifting it otherwise. BUT, the poll does reflect what it should in a battle this close regardless. Definitely debatable and will always be that.

THIS. Plus the fact that there seems to be a general consensus because his bars were more intricate that Lux AUTOMATICALLY wins and don't even entertain Hollow. Like if this was a who is more lyrical contest there is no doubt in my mind it was Lux 3 - 0 or 2 - 1 . But objectively looking at as a who went at who more plus who was more original with their approaches, I honestly cannot see how you can give Lux the win even after multiple watches. But at the end of the day this is a classic.

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
I cant put Hollow in front of Lux as far as Greatest Battlers of All TIme.. Thats why I gave it to Lux.. Hollow did what was expected but if you break down what both of them said,It's really no comparison. It was a major style clash. Hollow rapped about Lux 3rd vs Calicoe for 3 rounds. Thats amazing to me. Lux 3rd vs Cal was so Ill,that Hollow used that as his focus on the whole battle,while LUX broke him down. Notice how Hollow never tried to rebuttal none of that real shyt Lux was saying.. Cuz he couldnt.he stuck to the Jokes and The Performance.. Which was smart but not enough.

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So I finally had time to watch the battle a 2nd time. I didn't post my first go around because after the battle I was high off how good it was :noah: I couldn't/didn't care to call it. It just about lived up to the hype to me.. Only gripe was that they both clearly had more to spit in the first two rounds. Also the crowd was annoying as hell and there were way too many nikkas on stage. They wasted a lot of time telling everyone to shut up.

Anyway, I got Hollow maybe edging every round right now. Best/most entertaining round to me is Hollows 2nd and Hollow had better punches (circus/fire round was :whew: ). I'll probably watch it a few more times. Its just tough with the hour long battles

DF is BUSY

ididknotnothat.
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I cant put Hollow in front of Lux as far as Greatest Battlers of All TIme.. Thats why I gave it to Lux.. Hollow did what was expected but if you break down what both of them said,It's really no comparison. It was a major style clash. Hollow rapped about Lux 3rd vs Calicoe for 3 rounds. Thats amazing to me. Lux 3rd vs Cal was so Ill,that Hollow used that as his focus on the whole battle,while LUX broke him down. Notice how Hollow never tried to rebuttal none of that real shyt Lux was saying.. Cuz he couldnt.he stuck to the Jokes and The Performance.. Which was smart but not enough.

thats how i feel too.
hollow had a good 1st to warm up, his 2nd he added more personals, jokes and broke down lux's battle with cal but then round 3 came and he still doing the same thing. also his haymaker was bringing Blackface out? it added like nothing to his round lol.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched it three times now and I'm still "leaning" towards Hollow taking it 2-1. But overall, this is what makes battle rap so interesting. I can understand people that say Lux won, because he was great. I can understand people that say it's a tie because they were both killing it. And I can understand why Hollow won because he was more versatile and brought just about every ammo a battler can have.

Can't wait til' UW releases this with clearer audio and HD. :ahh:

thewave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Classic battle. I wish they spit for one more minute longer although the 3rd round just seemed sooooo long

I gave it hollow, just showed more versatility in the battle to me. he was gettin on lux hard in the 2nd lol

Crownheights718

Brooklyn boy, I might take some getting use to!
Daps
Reppin
I'm Everywhere, you aint neva there
All these Lux fans and Hollow fans.... Get off their dikk and judge the battle without bias. Lux is the truth and Hollow has earned his right over time.

I'm giving this to Hollow on the strength of my first reaction when I first seen the battle. I was leaning 3-0, then settled on 2-1 (As did many others). This is no indication that lux got destroyed IMO. I'm simply edging the rounds to Hollow. Did Lux outbar the nikka? Yes! Get over it. I'm not judging a battle on straight bars, though you must be punching and hitting with bars. To me if all you got is bars, I see you in the same light as a nikka who has crazy handle and dribbles like a motherfukker. It looks lovely, but points aren't put on the board from dribbling, nor are games one in that manner.

I just feel Hollow had more. Angles, personals, jokes, rebuttals.... Lux had personals (drugs..which we knew, reminds me of B Rabbit tho. Lux tell me something I didn't know) no rebuttals, no real angles. He had tho Drake shyt, but that hit hard with Lux stans. I thought it was catchy ass fukk and quotable as hell, but meh as far as I'm concerned on other fronts. It's like when nikkas mention Joe Budden to Surf. I don't care to hear what nikkas gotta say with it. Felt like Hollow demonstrated different tempos n had nice change of flows through certain rounds. Just felt like it was more than what Lux offered.

My opinion tho. Just tired of seeing what I assume to be grown folks dikk riding. Lmao.

On another note, if there's new nikkas here that weren't giving their two cents before, let them. Stop acting like y'all in some exclusive club nikkas can't be apart of. This battle was always going to bring a bunch of people out the wood work, it's arguably the biggest battle in battle rap history. The real winner is TheColi.com. New users, new activity, more traffic, you get the picture.

You ole "I was here first and I hate to see these new people here" ass nikkas. Lmao!!!!!! @Brooklynzson