• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
i still say hollow did the right thing by asking for the time limits

you didnt need a ton of watchers saying "seem like hollow cut his shyt short" to discredit him when in reality he going 4-5 minutes and lux coming with these 11 minute rds.

the only thing i get ticked at is the lights coming on while hollow spitting in the 3rd making him cut his shyt short. he was about to put all that shyt he missed in but couldnt cause the place was kicking him out.

i wanted him to start playing sware to god and to bring that picture out.

I agree, if this nikka Lux went 9 minutes and Hollow went 5 who you think automatically gonna get the round without any complaints of time limits from the beloveds and luxaholics...

Also in the interview with unbias he said he was going to at the end of his 3rd but dem time limits doe...:yeshrug:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I originally voted debatable (on first watch), but the more I watch this battle I definitely edge Lux. For the most part I'm feeling Lux material consistently each round & there's certain spots in Hollow's rounds where I'm not really fukking with what he was saying.

Also, sometimes you have to keep things simple and when it comes down to it, Lux is just a better rapper than Hollow.

This is clearly a "what you prefer" style battle. Both brought performance, showmanship, etc. Lux brought the better bars while Hollow brought the rebuttals & his ability to improvise on the spot.

Hollow made a great first impression watching the battle the very first time. As said before, when Lux raps, the niigga is so nice your thinking "no way dude can come back from this" & Hollow basically matched him & going 2nd definitely helped leave a lasting impression.

I understand why Hollow wanted time limits. It was a strategic move. Fukk trying to match Lux's 12 minutes of ether of each round. He said it backfired, but I say it still worked out in his favor since many felt he won.

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i give this battle to hollow

his lines were just straight up raw without it taking you a million listens to understand his punches, on top of that his freestyles and rebuttles were crazy ... i rate that very highly in a battle, the most skilful technique of battling imo. lux was still heavyweight and a beast in this battle but hollow just gets straight to the point and bodies.

his line about the "hmmm i think i get it face" sums up luxs style and its true

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
his line about the "hmmm i think i get it face" sums up luxs style and its true

This part was funny but it made me think to myself....how petty nikkas are to look at complex lyricism and say "hmm...fukk that shyt..i don't want to think that much" or "hmm...i think i get it"...that shyt is corny to me...especially in battle rap where you win on how witty you are...

I don't think i've ever felt that way about Lux's lyrics or any rapper for that matter....I may not get a line instantly on the spot but after listening a 2nd time I'll catch some missed gems and just feel like wow...this nikka is a genius. My fav. rapper is Nas and I hear this same nonsense from nikkas who are too simple minded to listen to his music and appreciate it...."fukk all that deep complex shyt..keep it simple"...no, why should a great writer dumb down their material to please simple nikkas? What about the people who actually enjoy using their brains...the ppl who enjoy being completely mind fukked? Look at chilla...super complex with the schemes...and you got ignorant muhfukkas saying the same shyt... "i have to think too much"...I actually know ppl in real life who think he is wack and that shyt is hilarious to me...because they are 100% wrong.

There is not one Bar in Lux's recent battles that nikkas should get headaches over. In the face off I remember J Blac saying "the tension thicker than german guard dogs" and hollow was like "what does that mean lux"....and i'm like there is no fukkin way on earth hollow...as a lyricist not know what the fukk lux meant. This nikka has never seen a german guard dog or understand the reference? you gotta be a super remedial muthafukka to think shyt like that is confusing...

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
If you have a trained ear for battle rap lux shyt isn't hard to get. Some of his schemes may go over head but listenin to chilla all the time makes them easy to catch for me. I understand a casual fan or just a new fan in general missing alot though. He's not gonna slow it down for you.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I watched the battle again and real talk I'm leaning back to Hollow.
I don't know who the fukk won.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Please please please don't ever compare Loaded Lux to Chilla Jones...one has personality, schemes and bars...the other is Chilla Jones.

nikka plz..

i'm comparing them based on the complexity of their lyrics and the clown nikkas who say "it's too technical for me...dumb it down"..

If you have a trained ear for battle rap lux shyt isn't hard to get. Some of his schemes may go over head but listenin to chilla all the time makes them easy to catch for me. I understand a casual fan or just a new fan in general missing alot though. He's not gonna slow it down for you.

and i hope he never does...

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This part was funny but it made me think to myself....how petty nikkas are to look at complex lyricism and say "hmm...fukk that shyt..i don't want to think that much" or "hmm...i think i get it"...that shyt is corny to me...especially in battle rap where you win on how witty you are...

I don't think i've ever felt that way about Lux's lyrics or any rapper for that matter....I may not get a line instantly on the spot but after listening a 2nd time I'll catch some missed gems and just feel like wow...this nikka is a genius. My fav. rapper is Nas and I hear this same nonsense from nikkas who are too simple minded to listen to his music and appreciate it...."fukk all that deep complex shyt..keep it simple"...no, why should a great writer dumb down their material to please simple nikkas? What about the people who actually enjoy using their brains...the ppl who enjoy being completely mind fukked? Look at chilla...super complex with the schemes...and you got ignorant muhfukkas saying the same shyt... "i have to think too much"...I actually know ppl in real life who think he is wack and that shyt is hilarious to me...because they are 100% wrong.

There is not one Bar in Lux's recent battles that nikkas should get headaches over. In the face off I remember J Blac saying "the tension thicker than german guard dogs" and hollow was like "what does that mean lux"....and i'm like there is no fukkin way on earth hollow...as a lyricist not know what the fukk lux meant. This nikka has never seen a german guard dog or understand the reference? you gotta be a super remedial muthafukka to think shyt like that is confusing...

yeah I never thought Lux was all that complex,he use a lot of multis,im waaaaay more frustrated by nikkas who use that wordplay like Tsu Surf,Daylyt where I cant tell if a nikka reachin his azz off or if im slow as shyt:patrice:....I guess it depends on what style u like,cuz alotta nikkas eat that shyt up and get it on the first time,i usually gotta pause the shyt or play it back before I get it....but I still wouldn't act like them nikkas is wack for doin it,I just get frustrated when I took time to decipher some shyt and it turns out nikka aint really sayin nuthin or he reachin his azz off:russ:..but if its my fault I don't get it I gotta give that :salute:...I cant really spell for shyt but my vocab is on point where I know what big words mean where Lux usin a bunch of em don't really frustrate me like that at all....that's why them Hollow bars didn't connect for me at all but I guess I could see it connectin for sumbody who does think like a lotta hiphop fans think when it comes to lyrical cats...I felt like Hollow was reachin on Lux difficulty to understand level,shoulda saved that for the tsu rematch

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Lux is complex....he just doeskin do it to reach for punches like surf does...not to mention he is just simply better at that level of rapping..

THAT'S NASH

I wanted to throw my poland spring at that nikka...smh

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b

Me personally when I heard it I was like that can't be it and I was thinking "what if this nikka was talking bout the leash you gotta use a lot of force to hold back a guard dog and tension / leash ?" Like I'm guilty of trying to make his shyt make sense before. But in hindsight Hollow's point in the interview was that who the hell calls a dog "thick?" That's kind of bosh to say that...Like I'm gonna say that's a big ass dog but thick? ayo...:shaq::usure:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Me personally when I heard it I was like that can't be it and I was thinking "what if this nikka was talking bout the leash you gotta use a lot of force to hold back a guard dog and tension / leash ?" Like I'm guilty of trying to make his shyt make sense before. But in hindsight Hollow's point in the interview was that who the hell calls a dog "thick?" That's kind of bosh to say that...Like I'm gonna say that's a big ass dog but thick? ayo...:shaq::usure:

"that's kind of bosh" ....:laff:

:beli: that ain't funny b

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
yeah I never thought Lux was all that complex,he use a lot of multis,im waaaaay more frustrated by nikkas who use that wordplay like Tsu Surf,Daylyt where I cant tell if a nikka reachin his azz off or if im slow as shyt:patrice:....I guess it depends on what style u like,cuz alotta nikkas eat that shyt up and get it on the first time,i usually gotta pause the shyt or play it back before I get it....but I still wouldn't act like them nikkas is wack for doin it,I just get frustrated when I took time to decipher some shyt and it turns out nikka aint really sayin nuthin or he reachin his azz off:russ:..but if its my fault I don't get it I gotta give that :salute:...I cant really spell for shyt but my vocab is on point where I know what big words mean where Lux usin a bunch of em don't really frustrate me like that at all....that's why them Hollow bars didn't connect for me at all but I guess I could see it connectin for sumbody who does think like a lotta hiphop fans think when it comes to lyrical cats...I felt like Hollow was reachin on Lux difficulty to understand level,shoulda saved that for the tsu rematch

Daylyt is for the most part just a lyrical wordplay type of nikka, who bar wise is better than lux but that's another topic...But Daylyt is like 85% complex and 15% reach. Surf however imo is just mr fantastic...

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Daylyt is for the most part just a lyrical wordplay type of nikka, who bar wise is better than lux but that's another topic...But Daylyt is like 85% complex and 15% reach. Surf however imo is just mr fantastic...

My same issue wit Daylty is the one Hollow said would keep him from wanting to battle Daylyt,he don't seem like he really tryna kill nikkas when he get up there,for that reason alone I cant put em over Lux,plus nah just nah I gotta disagree:pachaha:....maybe a lot of his wordplay still flew over my head I will give u:russ:....but from what im catchin:patrice:?

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
nikka plz..

i'm comparing them based on the complexity of their lyrics and the clown nikkas who say "it's too technical for me...dumb it down"..

and i hope he never does...
Yeah I think that makes his style.