Votes: 38 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I still like the UPS line a lot. Lux even said that's his favorite line Hollow used against him

But yeah the Hollow Be Thy Name line makes no sense and I have no idea why people went crazy for it
I liked the idea of it if that makes sense. lol But being fair

THATS NASH :blessed:

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
nikkas was sayin what if hollow freestyled that.......
Would have kicked my tv :ohlawd:

son if Hollow would've rebuttal'd with that heat-seeker...

*goes to sleep with the :krs: face:*

*wakes up still with the :krs: face*

*goes into work*

*co-worker asks "what happened??"*

*slowly turns towards him with the :krs: face*

DF is BUSY

ididknotnothat.
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The way I interpreted it was earlier he said Lux was loading trucks for a living

What I'm trying to tell UPS (a.k.a Lux)...........don't rush your delivery

:manny:

i can dig it.

still think lux edged the battle though :ehh:

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
not to nitpick, but hollow's hyped UPS line doesn't even make sense.

"Oh, what im trying to tell U......P.S don't rush your delivery"

1st of all, the UPS part has a tsu surf type of reach and 2nd, what was the original message? "oh what im trying to you tell you - and then cuts out to a P.S?

does dude even know how to use a P.S?

A lot of hollows punchlines were overhyped. I'm still finding jewels that Lux
mj wasnt a "stand up nikka", he was a self hating fukk boy that wanted to be white, fukk him. His music was great though.
:whoa:

Crownheights718

Brooklyn boy, I might take some getting use to!
Daps
Reppin
I'm Everywhere, you aint neva there
what really don't make sense is the hollow be thy name part.

first of all its halloweth be thy name

secondly doesn't thy mean your? he called lux God :heh:

Everybody is reaching trying to find the error in this line. This line in the bible is written as "Hallowed be thy name", in which God was speaking and referring to himself. It's stated that the term hallowed means to make holy, in this case make his name "God" holy. Hallowed and Hollow damn (God forgive me) :youngsabo:, near sound the same. The first half is actually sounded out the same.

So, if I break it down the nikka said, on earth it was written I am the chosen one (bible was written on earth), that's why Hollow /hallowed be thy name (that's why my name is holy). ....... I fukks with it. :manny:

Crownheights718

Brooklyn boy, I might take some getting use to!
Daps
Reppin
I'm Everywhere, you aint neva there
I ain't even get it when I first heard Rex do that flip vs verb but I caught the you/UPS shyt when hollow did it.
And the original message was that long ass explanation of Lux style before that bar. It was tough.

I fukks with Lux, but Hollow won this shyt. Lol. And that UPS don't rush your deliver line was ill. If lux would have said that shyt nikkas would have been like 3 days later, hmmm :patrice: I think I get it. Also <insert here> the hollow be thy name shyt. Same shyt applies if Lux would have somehow said some similar shyt. Lol

Disclaimer - I thought Jay won the Nas battles. "Because a nikka wears a kufi it doesn't mean that he's right, because you don't understand him it don't mean that he's nice...just means you don't understand all the bullshyt that he writes......"

@Brooklynzson :jawalrus:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I fukks with Lux, but Hollow won this shyt. Lol. And that UPS don't rush your deliver line was ill. If lux would have said that shyt nikkas would have been like 3 days later, hmmm :patrice: I think I get it. Also <insert here> the hollow be thy name shyt. Same shyt applies if Lux would have somehow said some similar shyt. Lol

Disclaimer - I thought Jay won the Nas battles. "Because a nikka wears a kufi it doesn't mean that he's right, because you don't understand him it don't mean that he's nice...just means you don't understand all the bullshyt that he writes......"

Thy means your. That's the thing. Like I said I like the idea of what he was trying to do but it's a stretch.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
Everybody is reaching trying to find the error in this line. This line in the bible is written as "Hallowed be thy name", in which God was speaking and referring to himself. It's stated that the term hallowed means to make holy, in this case make his name "God" holy. Hallowed and Hollow damn (God forgive me) :youngsabo:, near sound the same. The first half is actually sounded out the same.

So, if I break it down the nikka said, on earth it was written I am the chosen one (bible was written on earth), that's why Hollow /hallowed be thy name (that's why my name is holy). ....... I fukks with it. :manny:

Breh, the hollowed be thy name is a prayer that jesus taught his disciples. He was teaching them how to praise GOD. It wasnt god referring to himself :heh:

Your trying to make the line work because you wanted Hollow to win. On some "I think I get it face" :mjpls: :mjpls:

But as long as THY means YOUR, that line will never make sense no matter how you try and spin it.

Ironically this is another way Hollow contradicted himself in his attempt to discredit Lux for saying things that "dont make sense".

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me

To each is own, to me, Hollow had too many dry spots in his rounds. People were literally booing because there were times he wasnt saying anything at all. Wheras Lux beasted all 3 rounds from beginning to end. He was barring that boy

as far as the UPS line, I actually liked that line :ehh:, its not grammatically correct, but it was clever and way more acceptable then the Hollow line.

As far as lines though "my last EP MD, check the serman" was >>>>>

Ive heard people use that UPS line in different ways, so It didnt resonate with me as much.