• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Funny thing about what Hollow said...

If Lux would trim his bars, and still spend the same time with his rounds by slowing it down just a bit...

Just slow enough for MOST people to be able to process some of his complex shyt but fast enough to keep it hitting his opponent like a Mayweather combo...

He'd have no equal. It's almost like he wants the "live" or first time listener to think the opponent edged him and then study his shyt and be like... :dwillhuh::gladbron::lupe:
I like that he doesn't really slow it down in an era where everyone else does it seems. Leaves alot of hidden shyt in his bars.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I like that he doesn't really slow it down in an era where everyone else does it seems. Leaves alot of hidden shyt in his bars.
Very true, by no means do I want him to dumb anything down. And by no means to I want him to cause break in his flows on some surf, "What I got to put it in sub titles for you..."

I mean just talk a little slower.lol. A little.

People think he choked on purpose in the 1st round of the Cal battle. It wasn't on purpose, it was an actual choke. It was because his flow was SO FAST that after the crowd reacted, he completely lost and forgot the last thing he said. Once he was stopped going 60 - 0 in 1 second...his acceleration is :huhldup:

He is cramming so much into his rounds, that it can become tiring for the casual fan to keep pace.

If he just allowed that ether to burn deeper and absorb better... Lux would be the "actualization of the greatness of a lyrical artist".

What our rappers do, especially the best battle rappers, is unmatched, in terms of lyrical intelligence brehs. :blessed:

Last edited:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
Very true, by no means do I want him to dumb anything down. And by no means to I want him to cause break in his flows on some surf, "What I got to put it in sub titles for you..."

I mean just talk a little slower.lol. A little.

People think he choked on purpose in the 1st round of the Cal battle. It was because his flow was SO FAST that after the crowd reacted, he completely lost and forgot the last thing he said. Once he was stopped going 60 - 0 in 1 second...his acceleration is :huhldup:

He is cramming so much into his rounds, that it can become tiring for the casual fan to keep pace.

If he just allowed that ether to burn deeper and absorb better... Lux would be the "actualization of the greatness of a lyrical artist".

What our rappers do, especially the best battle rappers, is unmatched, in terms of lyrical intelligence brehs. :blessed:

TBH, I think he slipped up in the end of his second round against hollow too

that whole "I want you to get off too" seemed like a cover up

Too many words and rhyme patterns to keep up with.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
1. Lux is very complex and chances are, by now people have heard this battle more the once, are able to analyze the battle and decipher Lux's bars and thus, have a him as the clear winner
2. This is also generational. Lux is appreciated by the older heads. im 30. Everyone in my circle is my age and older and they all think Lux won. They appreciate BARS. These same people also dont go on forums, or twitter or care about polls.The younger dudes who got into this sh!t around the grindtime era...tend to choose hollow..they like rebuttles and jokes.....they also the ones who stay on twitter and forums all day commenting and entering polls. This is generally speaking though. Of course you will find some oldheads who say hollow won, and you'll find some younger dudes who say Lux won.

Watch, when the official Youtube footage drops, in the next few weeks or so, you will see the shift in general opinion.

The 1st part is what I basically said
2nd part is true, they know Lux and dont know Hollow so they riding with the person they know

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Breh you have no idea.....the server was actually fukked up during that battle....so many people was floodin' our forum, which has NEVER happened before. Coincidence?....i think not

:beli: how about you just enjoy the exposure the culture is getting?

most of the time i just lurk anyway. i dont really have nothing to say about most of these dudes.​

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
TBH, I think he slipped up in the end of his second round against hollow too

that whole "I want you to get off too" seemed like a cover up

Too many words and rhyme patterns to keep up with.

The dude keeping time stopped him, but it was kinda subtle with it. I thought he slipped too until I played it in the car and heard somebody say "time." That's why Lux said "you picked this."

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
its a double edge sword though, if he slows down and dumbs down his bars his battles wont have that replay value like they do now

Breh im still hearing sh!t i never picked up on...and the battle has been out since sunday :wow:

We got to pick Lux apart like a talent agent :wow:

DF is BUSY

ididknotnothat.
Daps
Reppin
NYC
not to nitpick, but hollow's hyped UPS line doesn't even make sense.

"Oh, what im trying to tell U......P.S don't rush your delivery"

1st of all, the UPS part has a tsu surf type of reach and 2nd, what was the original message? "oh what im trying to you tell you - and then cuts out to a P.S?

does dude even know how to use a P.S?

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl

1st of all, the UPS part has a tsu surf type of reach and 2nd, what was the original message? "oh what im trying to you tell you - and then cuts out to a P.S?

I ain't even get it when I first heard Rex do that flip vs verb but I caught the you/UPS shyt when hollow did it.
And the original message was that long ass explanation of Lux style before that bar. It was tough.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me

what really don't make sense is the hollow be thy name part.

first of all its halloweth be thy name

secondly doesn't thy mean your? he called lux God :heh:

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
The way I interpreted it was earlier he said Lux was loading trucks for a living

What I'm trying to tell UPS (a.k.a Lux)...........don't rush your delivery

:manny:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
what really don't make sense is the hollow be thy name part.

first of all its halloweth be thy name

secondly doesn't thy mean your? he called lux God :heh:
Lol I didn't even catch that.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I still like the UPS line a lot. Lux even said that's his favorite line Hollow used against him

But yeah the Hollow Be Thy Name line makes no sense and I have no idea why people went crazy for it