Video Game Deals OT

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Tbh, i dont get the hate from GS.. i mean i can understand why people get mad about the totals they give you because they are wack but if they didnt do it, they wouldnt have lasted this long. Pawnshops do the same thing. I only use them when i feel is worth it
With Gamers Club Unlocked and Amazon Prime there's almost no reason to ever step foot in a Gamestop again.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
With Gamers Club Unlocked and Amazon Prime there's almost no reason to ever step foot in a Gamestop again.
I feel you but i dont fukk with best buy like that because the ones on my location are probably trash compared to ones in your area. And when i cop games, i wanna play them when i get home. :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Or i can just go to the store and bring it home. Its called preference :ohhh:
Why can't you ship to store and pick it up? Its a serious question too. I see people say their particular best buy has low stock. Do those stores not even let you use the ship to store option online? What would it matter if the stock sucks.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Why can't you ship to store and pick it up? Its a serious question too. I see people say their particular best buy has low stock. Do those stores not even let you use the ship to store option online? What would it matter if the stock sucks.
The 2 closest best buys are both 15 min drives, gamestop is only 5 mins away. Im not saying i use gamestop to purchase every game i get but i use them when they have deals i can work with.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel you but i dont fukk with best buy like that because the ones on my location are probably trash compared to ones in your area. And when i cop games, i wanna play them when i get home. :manny:
They have a website and you can preorder for in store pick up on release day. I mean if you wanna pay 20% more for all your games that's on you.

Best Buy has either carried every game I've wanted in their store or I was able to order online with in store pick up.

In the past 2 years I've been to Gamestop 4 times. Two of them were to buy consoles and one of them was for Tearaway PS4 they had for $20 the last was for Tales of Hearts R they only sell there.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
They have a website and you can preorder for in store pick up on release day. I mean if you wanna pay 20% more for all your games that's on you.

Best Buy has either carried every game I've wanted in their store or I was able to order online with in store pick up.

In the past 2 years I've been to Gamestop 4 times. Two of them were to buy consoles and one of them was for Tearaway PS4 they had for $20 the last was for Tales of Hearts R they only sell there.
Ok I get it, you guys dont fukk with gamestop. I posted about a dal they had and people started a riot :whoa: i went there once and got a controller for 23 bucks. Thats why i went to them

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ok I get it, you guys dont fukk with gamestop. I posted about a dal they had and people started a riot :whoa: i went there once and got a controller for 23 bucks. Thats why i went to them
Nah I feel you. Once in a blue moon they have a decent sale on something, its just that for the other 95% of times I purchase games there are way better places to go to. That's all.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Tbh, i dont get the hate from GS.. i mean i can understand why people get mad about the totals they give you because they are wack but if they didnt do it, they wouldnt have lasted this long. Pawnshops do the same thing. I only use them when i feel is worth it

Yea i don't get it either but i think it's because most gamers like their games new and day 1 with everybody else to play with everyone else immediately. So ppl use their 20% discounts pretty frequently and it looks like the best deal to them, and for their immediate situation it probably is.

I don't really game like that online and i have plenty of backlogged games that i don't need the latest and greatest games day 1. Me, i do not mind waiting and buying pre-owned. I get most all my games from Gamestop when they have their B2G1 which i feel gives the best value. 20% off a brand new day 1 $60 game is still $48. IF you have/get pre-order bonus coupon for an $10 that takes your savings down to $38 but you typically don't get that with every game i don't think. With Gamestop i can pair three of the latest released pre-owned games for $104($52 times 2) which is a value of $35 each.

And i get that they give super low shyt amounts for trade-ins,but that's how they make money off pre-owned games. I typically sell/trade games thru local Facebook groups these days so i don't worry about trade-in values anyway. So yea i don't get the hate, different strokes for different folks. :manny:

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
When it comes to trades gamestop is better than best buy
This is coming from someone who flips for a living
But if nikkaz ain't in the loop, more for me :sas1:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yea i don't get it either but i think it's because most gamers like their games new and day 1 with everybody else to play with everyone else immediately. So ppl use their 20% discounts pretty frequently and it looks like the best deal to them, and for their immediate situation it probably is.

I don't really game like that online and i have plenty of backlogged games that i don't need the latest and greatest games day 1. Me, i do not mind waiting and buying pre-owned. I get most all my games from Gamestop when they have their B2G1 which i feel gives the best value. 20% off a brand new day 1 $60 game is still $48. IF you have/get pre-order bonus coupon for an $10 that takes your savings down to $38 but you typically don't get that with every game i don't think. With Gamestop i can pair three of the latest released pre-owned games for $104($52 times 2) which is a value of $35 each.

And i get that they give super low shyt amounts for trade-ins,but that's how they make money off pre-owned games. I typically sell/trade games thru local Facebook groups these days so i don't worry about trade-in values anyway. So yea i don't get the hate, different strokes for different folks. :manny:
Lately best buy has been dropping newly released games down to $40 after about a month or so for a week. That's $32 after GCU. Its all about the timing. If youre fine waiting years to cop a game then GameStop might be the place for you. As far as the flip potential...I dont get it. You never get your money back. Games are a terrible investment as far as that goes.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Lately best buy has been dropping newly released games down to $40 after about a month or so for a week. That's $32 after GCU. Its all about the timing. If youre fine waiting years to cop a game then GameStop might be the place for you. As far as the flip potential...I dont get it. You never get your money back. Games are a terrible investment as far as that goes.
Best buy def. has the better prices but it's harder to build credit at best buy due to its limited decent trade options and limited stock whereas gamestop building credit is easy and gamestop has better pricing when it comes to older obscure games and much larger quantity which makes it easy to double (in my case) your gs credit
But yea aside from that bb is elite due to price matching and gcu

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

That still doesn't beat Gamers Club Unlocked because they sell used games at Best Buy buy if you wait on newer releases they go on sale and GCU stacks with the sale price. If you wait on games they go on sale anyway and the sale price coupled with the GCU is still lower than Gamestop's used price.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is $32 at Best Buy brand new with GCU right now. It cost $34 with Gamestop's pro card used.

I'm not anti-Gamestop at all. There's just really no reason to shop there anymore so I don't.