Video: ATLANTA Nightlife (Cars, Clothes and Hoez) Great Times for Ballers, Brokeboys not so much...

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People think Atlanta is like that everywhere though when it's not. Yeah, if you're at Gold Room on Friday, you're gonna see some stunting. If you're at lennox you're going to see some stunting. If you're in buckhead you're going to see some stunting. But there's tons of fun low key regular people shyt going on in Atlanta too. Atlanta is dope because there's something for EVERYBODY here.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I spent the summer in 2001 in ATL. Great time.

I remember seeing all these regular young cats in fancy expensive vehicles. There was another cat in the same program from the Midwest, and we were out noticing this trend. Like how are all these young black dudes driving all these expensive vehicles? :dwillhuh:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
while everything you're saying is correct, I've often felt like in cities that didn't have large black populations, the experience was little more authentic

Let me explain

So when I would be in places like Boston or Portland or in the Southwest like Phoenix, all of the black spots would really be filled with people who weren't chasing vanity, but more so the experience of enjoying themselves

Especially in Boston. Like, the jazz clubs didn't convert at 11pm to hip hop clubs. People went to authentic spots for a single purpose. The live music wasn't cringe worthy. Everything was authentic.

Even in Chicago where theres a large black population, I felt like it was either the weather or the density of the city that weeded out a lot of bullshyt that you see in ATL Houston or Miami.

Even in DC the black nightlife scene is a little elitist but still somewhat accessible.

I enjoy ATL nightlife for its uniqueness and variety but to say that its the best, I'd have to argue...

Uhh NO..it's not Population or density that makes for a more authentic experience

it's AUTHENTIC PEOPLE

ill even admit when i was having my club experience in ATL or any city for that matter..I WASN'T BEING AUTHENTIC

it was all about running GAME on these hoes ...and not just in dialogue..but dress apparell..and spending habits ..it was all a LOOK

cause it's all SMOKE N MIRRORS in the club

i didn't experience AUTHENTICITY till i went to Sport Lounges...bars and just plain ole Working class juke joints

where people weren't afraid to dance and get sweaty and just got off thier job in thier work uniform just coming to PLAY POOL or DRINK and chat with their FRIENDS ....while watching the FALCONS or HAWKS game

THOSE ARE THE SPOTS I LIKED...and i exprienced that as well when i was young... :umad:

plus YOU GET YOUR MONEY WORTH...those OLD FLABBY N SICK BARTENDERS sure KNOW HOW TO MAKE A DRINK :whew:

unlike these old fly azz HIP HOP spots where they charge you 15 bucks for a weak azz HENNY N COKE and have bad attitudes cause you ain't buying a bottle or leaving a open tab or giving them 50$ dollar tips

fukk dat......

i wouldn't call it exactly ELITISIM ...more like CLASSISIM

which is why the phrase...THIER IS LEVELS TO THIS SHYT is so popular with these KIDS today :manny:

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
:francis:

Trust me guys..

It wasn't always like this

Sh1t changed in ATL

I first started partying in Atlanta in 98...and it was a great AFFORDABLE fun place to be at. .

None of this bottle service crap.. or having to be in a foreign whip to holler at women... And the only cats really wearing iced out jewelry were the out of town cats from NYC or the few random celeb rappers you would see at Lenox or an event..

Hell it was great for a REGULAR DUDE

And the women were REALER and ACCESIBLE

looked way more natural and we're hella nice cause they had that SOUTHERN GIRL charm..

Even if they were stripping in the club they still were cordial and went to church on Sunday
:umad:

I remember the Cash money ruff Ryder tour came thru and going to at least 3 after parties where the cover charge at each venue was no more than 10 bucks...

All Star NBA weekend was great too.. I would see slot of my college friends and working class partners too

Birthday Bash Weekend was AMAZING.. I went to every one like it was HAJJ and never paid more than 60 bucks to see stars in their prime like Kanye.. Ludacris... The Game...Trina. .Usher... Jay Z. ..8 ball and MJG... T. I just to name a few..

It was like the Summerjam of the south

And this lasted for years...

Until the "HEN" came through laying them golden eggs as Pee wee Roscoe said...

The "hen aka BMF

2003-2004 shyt changed for ever

ATL was no longer the regular n1gga fun spot...

No more old school classic Chevy dunks or Olds 98s and Buicks like I had

YOU HAD TO BE IN A FORIEGN

and YOU HAD TO BE THROWING CASH AT THE STRIP CLUB

AND YOU HAD TO BE ABLE TO DO VIP or BOTTLE SERVICE with your PEOPLE

AND YOU HAD TO BE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY OR AFFILIATED WITH THE MUSIC GAME

if not YOU BETTER FAKE IT TILL U MAKE IT :ufdup:

THATS WHY THERE IS SO MUCH SCAMMING GOING ON

I remember Jeezy saying that the BMF guys were the first ones to bring out the big body luxury sedans in ATL. Like 6 and 7 series BMWs. He said before that they were considered "doctor's cars" - old, stuffy white dude cards. He may have even said he was the first to 'show out' in a 7 series back then. I dunno shyt about Atlanta but it's hard to believe because I remember seeing big benzes and big acuras up north for as long as I remember

Regardless of that , this video is lame and that environment looks miserable :yeshrug: I've had a lot and I've been down to nothing and no matter what I don't like being made to feel like a mark. That's how these environments are set up, I'd feel like the walls are closing in and the vultures are circling :yeshrug:

:dead: at the Prisoner Transport Van coming through at 13:41

Last edited:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Being a broke boi sucks so much. My little 50k a year isn't nearly enough to allow me to live how I want to live. I bust my ass and still can't fukk most of the hoes I want, afford the cars I like, or live in the houses I fantasize about. Call me ungrateful, but I want... no, NEED it all. Money will buy me happiness. I don't care about any other human other than my immediate family and myself, of course... :yeshrug:

:laff: :laff: :laff:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
If you didn't notice, the only dude you seen in this video holla at a female and get the number wasn't in no foreign. He was just a nikka wit a mouth piece. That's all it really takes to be real. And of course you can't be a lame.

Go to the 10:11 mark in the video

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
hell fuggin yeah.... either in buckhead or old national... late 90s early 2000 were the shyt far as night life..... damn wtf happened... I dont even go out no more like that,,, just lounges or hit up a cigar spot and chill... hell even the strip club aint the same no more, all my spots are gone

i shed a tear every time i pass by the exit for Cleaveland Avenue where the old PLEASERS strip club use to be at :mjcry:

it aint been the same since they closed down

they had a way of making a regular working class dude feel like a Star :ohlawd:

30$ dollars went a long way in that spot :takedat:

this was before all that MAKE IT RAIN shyt swept ATL by storm in 04

and basically made every strip club in ATL feel like a promotional spot for the Rappers....

yeah this was around this same time...places like Strokers and few others like Club Blaze introduced INDUSTRY NIGHT..where it was more about the RAPPERS intstead of the STRIPPER BYATCHES
:russell::russell::russell:

espeically considering that virutally every strip club deejay was taking payola dollars to have music being played there

just like Pinups out in Decatur i use to enjoy that spot....lawd they had some fiyah Lemon Pepper Wings :lawd:

but once Greg Street punk azz from V103 starting hosting out there on various nights it started getting a lil hollywood for me :smugdraper:

before it was a real cool spot for regular dudes ..the strippers was even down to fukk and smoke with ya after the night was over

but once Greg showed up and all the entertainers took over....

them hoes would treat you like a nobody if you wasn't a falcons athelte or had a big azz chain with you a medallion nameplate of your rap label

the only time i got love when i showed up with my homeboy who was a rep from Universal Records who had a Def Jam jacket on when we stepped in the place

next thing you know its like 10 byatches gathered around us ...and 4 of these byatches is trying to him to check out thier facebook page and listen to thier music...:shaq2:

TRAP MUSIC and THOT HOP has officially put the NAIL IN THE COFFIN of what use to be a pleasant strip club scene

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
:francis:

Trust me guys..

It wasn't always like this

Sh1t changed in ATL

I first started partying in Atlanta in 98...and it was a great AFFORDABLE fun place to be at. .

None of this bottle service crap.. or having to be in a foreign whip to holler at women... And the only cats really wearing iced out jewelry were the out of town cats from NYC or the few random celeb rappers you would see at Lenox or an event..

Hell it was great for a REGULAR DUDE

And the women were REALER and ACCESIBLE

looked way more natural and we're hella nice cause they had that SOUTHERN GIRL charm..

Even if they were stripping in the club they still were cordial and went to church on Sunday
:umad:

I remember the Cash money ruff Ryder tour came thru and going to at least 3 after parties where the cover charge at each venue was no more than 10 bucks...

All Star NBA weekend was great too.. I would see slot of my college friends and working class partners too

Birthday Bash Weekend was AMAZING.. I went to every one like it was HAJJ and never paid more than 60 bucks to see stars in their prime like Kanye.. Ludacris... The Game...Trina. .Usher... Jay Z. ..8 ball and MJG... T. I just to name a few..

It was like the Summerjam of the south

And this lasted for years...

Until the "HEN" came through laying them golden eggs as Pee wee Roscoe said...

The "hen aka BMF

2003-2004 shyt changed for ever

ATL was no longer the regular n1gga fun spot...

No more old school classic Chevy dunks or Olds 98s and Buicks like I had

YOU HAD TO BE IN A FORIEGN

and YOU HAD TO BE THROWING CASH AT THE STRIP CLUB

AND YOU HAD TO BE ABLE TO DO VIP or BOTTLE SERVICE with your PEOPLE

AND YOU HAD TO BE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY OR AFFILIATED WITH THE MUSIC GAME

if not YOU BETTER FAKE IT TILL U MAKE IT :ufdup:

THATS WHY THERE IS SO MUCH SCAMMING GOING ON

I agree with everything but the old schools part

Atl is still the A-body capital and they have a bunch of g-bodys ,boxes, bel airs and other old schools that cost more than a new benz

Then outside of old schools you got a bunch of 392's ,hellcats, srt jeeps etc

Alvin

Superstar
Daps

:wow:

A lot of fun if you're ballin,:blessed: but if you in your 2005 Chrysler 300 trying to holla :mjcry:

there's white folk out there :russ:

ATL Brehs how many white and non black women do you see at events like this