Video: ATLANTA Nightlife (Cars, Clothes and Hoez) Great Times for Ballers, Brokeboys not so much...

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
They do the same at mall
Dudes line up their whips in front of Lennox

:mjlol:

Fred

zCaibDS.gif
man you are preaching the GOSPEL!

Just this past summer...i decided to take my mother out for her birthday to a nice peaceful sunday dinner at THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY located near the front entrance of Lenox Square

it was going to be epic...

i felt like i was gonna make my mama proud....since it's been a while since i actually treated her with all the other obligations i had in my life

so .i booked a room for her at the Westin so she could enjoy a nice spa and have a good nights rest with luxury

and i was gonna meet her that afternoon at the hotel and walk with her to the Cheesecake factory since the mall was right across the street from the hotel

plus my mom enjoys walking..she is very active..

everything was fine....the sun was shining great weather...

then all of a sudden a hideous caravan of challengers...mustangs...corvettes with loud azz pipes bumping the latest in trap and thot rap pulled up in front of the Lenox mall

i damn there had to push my mother out the way of one car screeching in front of us..:picard:

.almost about to hit us as we was crossing over from the parking lot

and all i smelt was the stench of loud weed...along with the sounds of horrible music and cussing and bad fashion statements draped with obnoxious mall booth jewelry....

it felt as if i was on the set of the new SUPERFLY 2 movie

and these negroes were the "snow patrol" :why:

i felt sowwy for my MAMA that day in which she had to witness such fukkery :mjcry:

and it didn't end there...although she enjoyed her meal...

i wanted to treat her to a gift so we decided to make our way to SAKS FIFTH AVENUE

On the way there..it felt like a damn VIDEO SHOOT.....every psuedo thug and thot was taking up all kinds of space at the Gucci and Louie vuitton stores

even the Nieman marcus store was a mess.....there was cats in there just milling about who didn't even have any bags...just wanting to be seen at these stores taking selfies....

it was horrible...

so horrible..i contemplated wearing a MAGA hat....:sas2:

MAKE ATLANTA GREAT AGAIN :mjpls:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
zCaibDS.gif

Just this past summer...i decided to take my mother out for her birthday to a nice peaceful sunday dinner at THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY located near the front entrance of Lenox Square

it was going to be epic....i booked a room for her at the Westin so she could enjoy a nice spa and have a good nights rest with luxury

and i was gonna meet her that afternoon at the hotel and walk with her to the Cheesecake factory since the mall was right across the street from the hotel

then all of a sudden a hideous caravan of challengers...mustangs...corvettes with loud azz pipes bumping the latest in trap and thot rap pulled up in front of the Lenox mall

i damn there had to push my mother out the way of one car screeching in front of us..:picard:

and all i smelt was the stench of loud weed...along with the sounds of horrible music and cussing and bad fashion statements draped with obnoxious mall booth jewelry....

i felt sowwy for my MAMA that day in which she had to witness such fukkery :mjcry:

i wanted to treat her to a gift so we decided to make our way to SAKS FIFTH AVENUE

On the way there..it felt like a damn VIDEO SHOOT.....every psuedo thug and thot was taking up all kinds of space at the Gucci and Louie vuitton stores

even the Nieman marcus store was a mess.....there was cats in there just milling about who didn't even have any bags...just wanting to be seen at these stores taking selfies....

it was horrible...

I throughly enjoy reading your posts breh

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Being a broke boi sucks so much. My little 50k a year isn't nearly enough to allow me to live how I want to live. I bust my ass and still can't fukk most of the hoes I want, afford the cars I like, or live in the houses I fantasize about. Call me ungrateful, but I want... no, NEED it all. Money will buy me happiness. I don't care about any other human other than my immediate family and myself, of course... :yeshrug:
Then stop posting on The Coli and get to the money breh.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Malcom ...to be honest the whole cultural mindset got brainwashed once all these movements entered the city during the early 2000's

not just BMF :whoa: Even though they did play a huge role in this transistion...

especially when you had a guy like Baby Bull from BMF stating publicly

"WTF you doing in the club if you cant afford a BOTTLE to be in your hands??" :why:

so basically you had a bunch of movements and moguls basically becoming the tastemakers for regular working class people which is SAD

because this wasn't a NATIVE ATL phenomenon...

2003 it looked like the city had more transplants and vistors than actual residents especially in the party scene

you had Street Fam...Bogard ent..SYS...Pure Pain..Zoe Pound...9 Treys...Mansfield Crips..Black Roses...

and those were just the infamous ones...not counting all the other balling hard movements who weren't that well known

not to mention all these movements had BIG BOSSES....many of whom were big on the promotion scene..i know cause that was my field of intrest

guys like Kenny Burns from NYC...Chubbie Baby from Dipset...Smurf whom Jeezy brought from southeast ga..and Biggie Rankin from duval were all going to the BLACK MECCA

and it caused the local movements like Ductape and Oomp camp and others to step their game up cause the BAR no pun intended got raised dramatically

and this was before the social media instagram/twitter explosion...

the whole atmosphere changed my guy

for the worst in my opinion :mjcry:

case in point...no lie..i remember listening to live radio broadcasts when i was on my way to the club feeling excited cause i knew the cover charge was low and it was a gang of lovely ladies there who were still into REGULAR DUDES

i remember the deejay getting on the mic and saying in 2001

"shoutout all my people brining home at least 40k a year...yeahhhhhh...keep grinding"

"if you got 100$ in your pocket..MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

i was like :mjgrin: i felt APRECIATED and amongst the IN CROWD...considering i had a decent corporate gig and my side hustle as a promoter

but it was ALL GOOD JUST A WEEK AGO :francis:

2003 CAME IN and i remember that same club ...the same deejay saying over the mic during a live broadcast while im speeding down 85 to make it there

"hey ladies....NBA MONEY IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....FELLAS YOU BETTA MIND AND YOUR MONEY RIGHT ..CAUSE THESE LADIES ARE CHOOSING....WE LIVE BABEEE ON HOT 107.9!!!!!!!" :ufdup:

right then and there.....i felt my heart sank cause i know i wasnt on that level especially when my boy whom had just beat me to the club said..

"dawg they charging 40$ to get here...and now they charging for PARKING TOO!!" :sadcam:

I told him ...its a wrap for me..im going back home and probally stop by mrs winners and pick me up a two piece and take my broke azz home... :mjcry:

so MALCOM i know the "pain" you felt that evening....

reminds me of the time i made the mistake of going to the COMPOUND to celebrate a friend of mine just coming back from deployment

talk about blowing money fast :wow:

thank god i am an older and flabby n sick REGULAR n1gga who is far removed from ATL in distance and desires....

they can have that "LIFESTYLE"...it's all SMOKE N MIRRORS ANYWAY BREH :yeshrug:

Zoe pound was there?

Last edited:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
zCaibDS.gif

it was going to be epic...

i felt like i was gonna make my mama proud....since it's been a while since i actually treated her with all the other obligations i had in my life

so .i booked a room for her at the Westin so she could enjoy a nice spa and have a good nights rest with luxury

it felt as if i was on the set of the new SUPERFLY 2 movie

and these negroes were the "snow patrol" :why:

it was horrible...

My reaction was like :ohhh::ohhh::picard:

Going to the mall was like event :russ:

I was like man these brothers are getting money like that :ohhh:

I had to park my sonata rental all the way at the back :francis:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Zoe pound was there?

hell yeah when the ATL CARRIBEAN CARNIVAL use to be held near auburn street with the parade running towards peachtree

them ZOES was massive up in that joint :whew:

and they made thier presence known....SAK PASE!!!!!!!!!!....especially during the promotional run for Redd Eyezz and Haitian fresh who was always in the A

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Malcom ...to be honest the whole cultural mindset got brainwashed once all these movements entered the city during the early 2000's

not just BMF :whoa: Even though they did play a huge role in this transistion...

especially when you had a guy like Baby Bull from BMF stating publicly

"WTF you doing in the club if you cant afford a BOTTLE to be in your hands??" :why:

so basically you had a bunch of movements and moguls basically becoming the tastemakers for regular working class people which is SAD

because this wasn't a NATIVE ATL phenomenon...

2003 it looked like the city had more transplants and vistors than actual residents especially in the party scene

you had Street Fam...Bogard ent..SYS...Pure Pain..Zoe Pound...9 Treys...Mansfield Crips..Black Roses...

and those were just the infamous ones...not counting all the other balling hard movements who weren't that well known

not to mention all these movements had BIG BOSSES....many of whom were big on the promotion scene..i know cause that was my field of intrest

guys like Kenny Burns from NYC...Chubbie Baby from Dipset...Smurf whom Jeezy brought from southeast ga..and Biggie Rankin from duval were all going to the BLACK MECCA

and it caused the local movements like Ductape and Oomp camp and others to step their game up cause the BAR no pun intended got raised dramatically

and this was before the social media instagram/twitter explosion...

the whole atmosphere changed my guy

for the worst in my opinion :mjcry:

case in point...no lie..i remember listening to live radio broadcasts when i was on my way to the club feeling excited cause i knew the cover charge was low and it was a gang of lovely ladies there who were still into REGULAR DUDES

i remember the deejay getting on the mic and saying in 2001

"shoutout all my people brining home at least 40k a year...yeahhhhhh...keep grinding"

"if you got 100$ in your pocket..MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

i was like :mjgrin: i felt APRECIATED and amongst the IN CROWD...considering i had a decent corporate gig and my side hustle as a promoter

but it was ALL GOOD JUST A WEEK AGO :francis:

2003 CAME IN and i remember that same club ...the same deejay saying over the mic during a live broadcast while im speeding down 85 to make it there

"hey ladies....NBA MONEY IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....FELLAS YOU BETTA MIND AND YOUR MONEY RIGHT ..CAUSE THESE LADIES ARE CHOOSING....WE LIVE BABEEE ON HOT 107.9!!!!!!!" :ufdup:

right then and there.....i felt my heart sank cause i know i wasnt on that level especially when my boy whom had just beat me to the club said..

"dawg they charging 40$ to get here...and now they charging for PARKING TOO!!" :sadcam:

I told him ...its a wrap for me..im going back home and probally stop by mrs winners and pick me up a two piece and take my broke azz home... :mjcry:

so MALCOM i know the "pain" you felt that evening....

reminds me of the time i made the mistake of going to the COMPOUND to celebrate a friend of mine just coming back from deployment

talk about blowing money fast :wow:

thank god i am an older and flabby n sick REGULAR n1gga who is far removed from ATL in distance and desires....

they can have that "LIFESTYLE"...it's all SMOKE N MIRRORS ANYWAY BREH :yeshrug:
while everything you're saying is correct, I've often felt like in cities that didn't have large black populations, the experience was little more authentic

Let me explain

So when I would be in places like Boston or Portland or in the Southwest like Phoenix, all of the black spots would really be filled with people who weren't chasing vanity, but more so the experience of enjoying themselves

Especially in Boston. Like, the jazz clubs didn't convert at 11pm to hip hop clubs. People went to authentic spots for a single purpose. The live music wasn't cringe worthy. Everything was authentic.

Even in Chicago where theres a large black population, I felt like it was either the weather or the density of the city that weeded out a lot of bullshyt that you see in ATL Houston or Miami.

Even in DC the black nightlife scene is a little elitist but still somewhat accessible.

I enjoy ATL nightlife for its uniqueness and variety but to say that its the best, I'd have to argue...

invalid

Banned
Daps
Last edited:

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
:francis:

Trust me guys..

It wasn't always like this

Sh1t changed in ATL

I first started partying in Atlanta in 98...and it was a great AFFORDABLE fun place to be at. .

None of this bottle service crap.. or having to be in a foreign whip to holler at women... And the only cats really wearing iced out jewelry were the out of town cats from NYC or the few random celeb rappers you would see at Lenox or an event..

Hell it was great for a REGULAR DUDE

And the women were REALER and ACCESIBLE

looked way more natural and we're hella nice cause they had that SOUTHERN GIRL charm..

Even if they were stripping in the club they still were cordial and went to church on Sunday
:umad:

I remember the Cash money ruff Ryder tour came thru and going to at least 3 after parties where the cover charge at each venue was no more than 10 bucks...

All Star NBA weekend was great too.. I would see slot of my college friends and working class partners too

Birthday Bash Weekend was AMAZING.. I went to every one like it was HAJJ and never paid more than 60 bucks to see stars in their prime like Kanye.. Ludacris... The Game...Trina. .Usher... Jay Z. ..8 ball and MJG... T. I just to name a few..

It was like the Summerjam of the south

And this lasted for years...

Until the "HEN" came through laying them golden eggs as Pee wee Roscoe said...

The "hen aka BMF

2003-2004 shyt changed for ever

ATL was no longer the regular n1gga fun spot...

No more old school classic Chevy dunks or Olds 98s and Buicks like I had

YOU HAD TO BE IN A FORIEGN

and YOU HAD TO BE THROWING CASH AT THE STRIP CLUB

AND YOU HAD TO BE ABLE TO DO VIP or BOTTLE SERVICE with your PEOPLE

AND YOU HAD TO BE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY OR AFFILIATED WITH THE MUSIC GAME

if not YOU BETTER FAKE IT TILL U MAKE IT :ufdup:

THATS WHY THERE IS SO MUCH SCAMMING GOING ON

hell fuggin yeah.... either in buckhead or old national... late 90s early 2000 were the shyt far as night life..... damn wtf happened... I dont even go out no more like that,,, just lounges or hit up a cigar spot and chill... hell even the strip club aint the same no more, all my spots are gone