Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
If sway grew up on those artist, but he lived in the queens projects his whole life. But never rode a horse, didn't grow up on a farm, a ranch, never been to a rodeo, never rode in a pick up truck, was never socially or culturally attached to country music lifestyle, he would be disqualified and disconnected from that culture

Let me cut through the politically correct responses and red tape and get to the heart

If you're a CAC and grew up outside of urban areas and never been entrenched in the rap culture, your opinion means NOTHING. At all. You're allowed to voice it but nobody gives a fukk. You're not apart of rap culture. Facts of life. Deal with or don't, won't change these facts.
FOH :comeon: you don't have to grow in urban areas to be criticize rap culture. you don't have to grow in an "urban area" to understand or be critical of the art.

And whats all this "You have to be from the projects" shyt? :heh: :camby:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
FOH :comeon: you don't have to grow in urban areas to be criticize rap culture. you don't have to grow in an "urban area" to understand or be critical of the art.

And whats all this "You have to be from the projects" shyt? :heh: :camby:

18vrzri35n0h5jpg.jpg

Take a hike, Opie

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Because next he's going to start biting Killa Cam style :stopitslime:

Also, are we going to act like Tommy Hilfiger's son isn't asking to get the shyt smacked out of him?

This dude is the son of a racist billionaire, but he dressed like he's been in the trap all day. I hate that shyt :childplease:

rich-hil-troy-ave.jpg
Tommy Hilfiger is not racist :snoop:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
this dude has NO buzz. Look at his downloads, look at his youtube views. Compare it to Bronson, Chance, and other "underground" rappers who are actually buzzing.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
this dude has NO buzz. Look at his downloads, look at his youtube views. Compare it to Bronson, Chance, and other "underground" rappers who are actually buzzing.
He's only poppin in NYC, the rest have a spread out fanbase

Troy's buzz is way more artificial. His buzz is really no bigger than Uncle Murda's was a few years back only difference is he has more co-signs from industry people through building connections and he talks more shyt

Hey Wayne convinced people he was the greatest rapper alive because he kept saying it

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
the hatred in the article

:wow:

probably posts here , and he isn't wrong

:deadmanny:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He's only poppin in NYC, the rest have a spread out fanbase

Troy's buzz is way more artificial. His buzz is really no bigger than Uncle Murda's was a few years back only difference is he has more co-signs from industry people through building connections and he talks more shyt

Hey Wayne convinced people he was the greatest rapper alive because he kept saying it
Is he really popping in NY tho? Can any NY cats confirm that..?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Is he really popping in NY tho? Can any NY cats confirm that..?
I'm from BK, and yes he's popping here. Not on no "bigger than everybody else" level but of the newer artists in NYC he definitely has the biggest buzz. He's the only one played on the radio that isn't signed. And I mean daytime and afternoon hours where spins really matter.

I've never heard Action Bronson, Joey Bad Ass, etc...played on NY radio, both stations at morning and afternoon like Troy Ave. And I don't even listen to the radio like that, but whenever I happen to have it on or go in stores, one of his songs does come on.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Everyone fakes it until they make it, to be fair I guess. Jay was a nobody at one point, giving DJs money to play his records. But
I'm from BK, and yes he's popping here. Not on no "bigger than everybody else" level but of the newer artists in NYC he definitely has the biggest buzz. He's the only one played on the radio that isn't signed. And I mean daytime and afternoon hours where spins really matter.

I've never heard Action Bronson, Joey Bad Ass, etc...played on NY radio, both stations at morning and afternoon like Troy Ave. And I don't even listen to the radio like that, but whenever I happen to have it on or go in stores, one of his songs does come on.
Interesting. Which Troy Ave songs do they play?