Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
i agree with the premise of the article but vice aint shyt. vice is just a way for cynical gen x cacs to sell manufactured edge and grit to major multinational corporations in order to get equally cynical cac millenials to throw them money. its urban outfitters in literary form. also apparently they don't pay their writers shyt. drew millard might actually live on the real troy avenue.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
hard to pin this on Jay Z though when he HAS done that stuff.

Ya but he hadnt done it when he first came out? He just kept wrapping about how good he was for 15 years at which point it was established he was good

These new cats got the bragging down pat but nothing else

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
i agree with the premise of the article but vice aint shyt. vice is just a way for cynical gen x cacs to sell manufactured edge and grit to major multinational corporations in order to get equally cynical cac millenials to throw them money. its urban outfitters in literary form. also apparently they don't pay their writers shyt. drew millard might actually live on the real troy avenue.
:russ:

I agree VICE is shyt but Troy Ave is cornier. Two sides of the same coin of deception.... VICE is just way better at it.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Dudes really don't give a fukk about Troy Ave in NYC though, I'm in the BX and Joey BADA$$ when he dropped his first mixtape actually had a little movement and a lot of people were raving about him and his video for Waves was being played on MTV. Troy Ave is getting some radio spins but I wouldn't say NYC fukks with him like that.

I don't care that a cac wrote this it's pretty spot on, dude is way too loud, his gimmick comes around as corny and he's way too arrogant. Plenty of dudes in NYC better than him talent wise. Marciano, Bronson, Joey Bad, CJ Fly, DZA, Ferg, Rocky, Nast, Exquire, Saigon, Chinx among others are better.

Live.Love. A$AP, Long.Live. A$AP, Trap Lord, Dream.Zone.Achieve, George Kush, Reloaded, Marcberg, 1999, The Greatest Story Never Told, Blue Chips 2, Rare Chandeliers, Thee Way I See It, Mac & Cheese 3 are all better projects than Troy Ave's.
nikkas ain't listening to no Joey bad ass nikka stop it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Can't blame Kanye for the druggie shyt.

AT MOST all Ye has ever advocated was drinking here and there.
yea i aint mean to bunch kanye up into the drug addict stuff, just the fashion half of it :manny: it started off as harmless fun with the sneakerhead/polo type shyt, nikkas was lookin more put together and fresh, but now it's spiraled off into pure fukkery :snoop: baggy jeans are just as unprofessional as rockin a leather skirt but i noticed the latter doesn't catch nowhere near as much heat as the former did, that shyt aint a coincidence if you ask me

the drug addict shyt started imo with Wayne durin his mixtape run( to clarify, he wasn't the first but he damn sure was one of the most popular) but nobody really cared (including myself) cuz he was flames at the time and nobody thought much would come of it :ld:

now nikkas can be complete ass but just name drop enough drugs you be on and you got a banger, the lean/molly/pill scene was never as big as it is now, nikkas who aint know what the fukk molly was a few years ago walkin round with bundles of that shyt now like it's candy :scusthov: had a lil cousin die on his 16th birthday cuz of some damn pillsxlean combination, when just a year or so earlier he only smoked weed

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yeah, that is some cliche' sh!t. Still this writer has no business speaking on Hip Hop. I swear there needs to be a summit on this culture, and a referendum declaring what hipsters should be assualted on site.
Never understood this. Hip-hop fans stay wanting someone to police something except for the streets they live on

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I don't want to limit the options people have available for purchase, or what they can listen to. I don't wan't to stop them from having an opinion, nor do I want to prevent them from expressing their opinions. However, I don't want them expressing their opinions through formats that potentially drives which direction the music and culture will take. Regardless of what specifics in the article that I might agree with, the tone of it, and the background of the writer are indicative of an outsider who has gotten entirely too comfortable within a culture that he's a guest within. I can't believe I just typed that by the way, like damn I'm on the same page with Lord Jamar. This writer, and far too many other hipsters are way too comfortable critiquing and speaking on this art and culture as if they're entitled to it. They're not showing a proper respect for it. Let the market decide whether or not Troy Ave isn't worthy, and when I say the market, that includes hipsters as well.

What hipsters should not be given is a free pass in positions where they can make or break an artist through the pen, or other media. In other words, they can feel free to express themselves privately, or a message board, even a sh!tty little blog, but they need to earn their stripes before they can critique artists like Troy Ave flagrantly, much in the same way white rappers had to earn the respect of the Hip Hop community before acceptance. This writer is a hipster fukk, and you know I've never used cac before on here, but in this case, it's appropriate because it's a symptom of the larger problem. This hipster cac should not be given a pass to sh!t on any legitimate rapper on the come up. Let the market decide Troy Ave's fate. Let NYC decide if he's worthy to hold the crown. But under no circumstances should a Drew Millard play a major role in deading an artist's grind.

That would make any opinion from the streets null and void, because it ain't like they do much to make or break you in 2014.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Never understood this. Hip-hop fans stay wanting someone to police something except for the streets they live on
i hear you, but at the same time i notice these hipster blogs to a degree definitely have an influence on how people perceive these rappers, i can't count how many times i've seen an article from one of those sites posted here about a particular artist then when i go and ask one of my how they feel about said artist(not mentioning to them that i just read an artlce on them) then they rattle off the same exact words written in the article verbatim and act like they came up with it themselves :why:

a good bit of people take these dudes words for the gospel and use those words to rationalize them not liking an artist(sometimes without even mentioning the music itself :snoop:) so it is kinda fukked up that a random hipster kid who prolly doesn't even take rap seriously can fukk up someone's rap career at the drop of a hat, and best believe all of those blogs network with each other behind the scenes, they shouldn't have that kind of power imo :manny:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Funny thing is, outside of a few examples nikkas are reaching with the Vice hate.

Hating on Vice is just that low-hanging fruit of a circlejerk that "anyone" claims they can elevate their "tastes" in media with.

If not vice, you're saying you're THAT much of a fan of other sources of media?

Stop that noise.

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
Dudes really don't give a fukk about Troy Ave in NYC though, I'm in the BX and Joey BADA$$ when he dropped his first mixtape actually had a little movement and a lot of people were raving about him and his video for Waves was being played on MTV. Troy Ave is getting some radio spins but I wouldn't say NYC fukks with him like that.

I don't care that a cac wrote this it's pretty spot on, dude is way too loud, his gimmick comes around as corny and he's way too arrogant. Plenty of dudes in NYC better than him talent wise. Marciano, Bronson, Joey Bad, CJ Fly, DZA, Ferg, Rocky, Nast, Exquire, Saigon, Chinx among others are better.

Live.Love. A$AP, Long.Live. A$AP, Trap Lord, Dream.Zone.Achieve, George Kush, Reloaded, Marcberg, 1999, The Greatest Story Never Told, Blue Chips 2, Rare Chandeliers, Thee Way I See It, Mac & Cheese 3 are all better projects than Troy Ave's.
DZA's wack as shyt bro

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I should become a blogger and start insulting rappers I really don't like. I want one to run up on me, I haven't stolen a rapper's chain since the early 2000s. It would be good practice.

@FreshAIG
you would be the best blogger who ever did it if you did.
only reason i don't think it is a good idea is.
the daily search for content and the lack of quality content to fullfill that content based need.
if there was a hotbed of talent,..
you could take over that lane, with ease.

to be honest,...
i think you could still do it, with the lack of content, though.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
troy-ave.jpg

:what:

that nikka got on a c00n skin/fox bootyhole fur hat.
look at the top of that shyt,....
it might as well have a fox's dingleberries hanging from it.

nikka, even huff as hell down to his retro choices.

i could respect a retro try of the troop style taskforce jacket.
than, someone tyring to retro fox, and c00n skin hats.

art barr