Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
How can you go and neglect rap history? How can you say Kanye has more impact than Rakim did? Than public enemy?! Than ice T and then NWA? Your statement lack knowledge of the very avatar u claim to represent.

Kanye hasn't even had a bigger impact than Pac, Big..hell he isn't even as impactful as Puff or Jay. And before you hide behind the word "movement", all the aforementioned created their own movement I can school u on if u still lacking the knowledge.

Disgust at this fool b*stardizing my culture with some Kanye shyt.

the FUUUUUUUCK does "rap history" have to do with anything?

Get the fukk outta here with that tripe.

Kanye has helped MORE SUBURBAN BLACK KIDS (the kids of MOST of these rappers you're so fond of would end up being) to express themselves musically in a rap climate that was previously unfavorable towards them.

Him and Pharrell have done more to help shift away from negative aspects of black violence and insanity in rap/urban music than most other artists since 2000.

JXNZ

RAP ARTIST
Daps
Reppin
STANKONIA
THE WRITER GAVE HIS THOUGHTS ABOUT THE ARTIST AND THE MUSIC HE MAKES...HE MIGHTVE TOOK A COUPLE OF POINTLESS DISRESPECTFUL SHOTS BUT THE OVERALL CRITIQUE OF THE ARTICLE WAS MUSIC BASED:upsetfavre:...TROY AVE IS A SUB PAR RAP ARTIST THOSE ARE THE FACTS,:yeshrug: BUT THE NY SCENE IS TRYNA CHAMPION HIM TO BE SOMETHING HE'S NOT...... I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH AN ARTIST THINKING THAT THEY'RE THE BEST AT WHAT THEY DO....BECAUSE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF BUT TROY AVE DOESN'T HAVE THE TALENT OR SONG OUTPUT TO BACK UP HIS BRAVADO:manny:...FURTHERMORE WHILE THE CULTURE IS MAD WATERED DOWN AND OVERRUN BY PEOPLE WHO AREN'T APART OF THE "BLACK STRUGGLE"....THE PROBLEM IS THAT MOST BLACK PEOPLE JUST WANNA HEAR BULLshyt TWERK/CLUB/TRAP MUSIC AND ONLY WANNA PROMOTE BULLshyt MUSIC AND IGNORANT ACTIVITIES...MOST BLACK PEOPLE DON'T BUY MUSIC...& ALOT OF BLACK PEOPLE CANT EVEN ARTICULATE THEMSELVES INTELLIGENTLY ENOUGH TO EVEN FORM A VALID OPINION IN A JOURNALISTIC FORMAT:ohlawd:...THIS IS WHY WHITES, JEWS, ARABS, AND ASIANS ARE RUNNING & SOMETIMES RUINING HIP-HOP MUSIC & PUBLICATIONS BY GIVING THEIR SPIN ON MUSIC THAT ALOT OF THEM DONT EVEN REALLY UNDERSTAND:snoop:...ITS ANOTHER SAD PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM BUT THIS IS WHAT IT IS...HOWEVER, ONE OF THE TOP 5 OF ALL TIME IS WHITE..THEREFORE PROVING THAT RAP MUSIC IS UNIVERSAL AND HAS NO COLOR ANYMORE:lupe:...BUT ONE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED IS VIOLENCE ON A FAN & PERSON OF THE CULTURE JUST FOR GIVING THEIR HONEST OPINION ABOUT AN ARTIST & THEIR MUSIC...:ufdup:"IF I ON LIKE IT; I ON LIKE IT...THAT DONT MEAN THAT IM HATIN' " - COMMON.... BOTTOM LINE IF DUDE WAS REALLY MAKIN SOME ILL shyt THAN IT WOULD BE NOTHIN TO TALK ABOUT:dahell:.... WHY DOESNT NYC PROMOTE A$AP ROCKY THE WAY THEY STAN FOR TROY AVE N shyt?:usure:....WHY NYC LET THEOPULUS LONDON FALL INTO OBSCURITY?:noah:...ITS A NEW ERA NOW...DIPSET/PURPLECITY WAS THE LAST WAVE FOR NY THAT THE MEDIA PUSH AND MUSICAL POTENCY ACTUALLY ADDED UP:sas2:...AND YET THEY HAVE A TALENTED ARTIST LIKE A$AP ROCKY THAT REALLY PUTS ON FOR HARLEM BUT NY MEDIA ACT LIKE HE DOESN'T EVEN EXIST:mindblown:....TROY AVE IS WACK AND HE NEEDS TO CONTINUE TO IMPROVE HIS CRAFT...BUT AS OF NOW DUDE IS :trash:....REAL TALK THO...POST A SONG FROM DUDE WHERE HE IS REALLY SPITTIN LIKE AN ELITE MC..HE CANT EVEN STAND NEXT TO THE CURRENT TOP 5 YOUNGSTERS IN THE GAME AT THE END OF THE DAY (DRAKE,KENDRICK,A$AP,COLE,*INSERT A WILD CARD*)....YALL BE BLESSED THO:blessed:....THE COMMERCIALIZATION AND GENTRIFICATION OF RAP MUSIC & CULTURE RUNS DEEP:whoo:

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
it has it's positives and it's negatives, stopped alot of people from faking the extra'd out thug persona, but at the same time the feminine shyt that was created from that movement aint helpin NOBODY either. nikkas went from extra'd out thugs to extra'd out fashion models drug addicts (who at the same time still try to act tough :mindblown:)

shyt slowly moved from one extreme to the next imo :manny:
Can't blame Kanye for the druggie shyt.

AT MOST all Ye has ever advocated was drinking here and there.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Lets also be SUPER clear.

The ASAP Mob Movement is the most legitimate rap collective in NYC right now
and the one with the most potential to actually put out music that not only defines NYC, but pushes that legacy forward.
This is why NY'ers are confused about what they want.
They say Joey Badass is lame for bringing the 90's back, but all they say they want back is the 90's
ASAP actually has a progressive NY sound but they don't like them either.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is why NY'ers are confused about what they want.
They say Joey Badass is lame for bringing the 90's back, but all they say they want back is the 90's
ASAP actually has a progressive NY sound but they don't like them either.
Precisely.

They WERE on top so thats all they know, but even as the demographics of NYC have changed RADICALLY from the grimey 90s, ASAP Mob is the BEST representation of whats going on in the city right now. They're completely a mirror of youth in terms of social media, awareness, and appearance. French Montana is that last legit vestige of "street" aura from NYC IMO ...and thats OK.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Precisely.

They WERE on top so thats all they know, but even as the demographics of NYC have changed RADICALLY from the grimey 90s, ASAP Mob is the BEST representation of whats going on in the city right now. They're completely a mirror of youth in terms of social media, awareness, and appearance. French Montana is that last legit vestige of "street" aura from NYC IMO ...and thats OK.
NY'ers need to realize that in today's day and age ALL regions influence EVERYONE.
So that whole "They sound like the south" thing is bullshyt.

Grand Champ

Rookie
Daps
Who hated Cam when he was the leader of the strongest click in ny and on the east coast? :what:

Are u comparing Cam to ferg and French Montana? :rudy:

Fukkoutta wit her with that bruh :camby:

I remember the magazines always
shytting on Dipset albums. All they got albums like 3.5 mics from the source and L's from xxl. The streets fukked wit Dipset. We aint care what critics thought

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
If you don't see a problem with French, ferg and Bronson bein the hottest rappers out of NY, then you don't see the problem breh :snoop:
I'm assuming Ferg and French sound "too southern" for you, but whats your problem with Bronson?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I remember the magazines always
shytting on Dipset albums. All they got
like 3.5 mics from the source and L's from
xxl. The streets fukked wit Dipset. We aint care what critics thought

I didn't know anybody who didn't like diplomatic immunity vol 1 or come home with me, and I was on the west coast when that shyt dropped and even we were fukkin with the dips movement . nikkaz from all over were fukkin with the dip-set heavy. fukk what some magazine had to say :rudy:

The dip set set trends, pioneered a sound. Set fashion trends. The dip set was a worldwide movement fam. Anybody that says otherwise is full of shyt

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I'm assuming Ferg and French sound "too southern" for you, but whats your problem with Bronson?

I have no issue with Bronson. I fux with his music heavy. French makes done cool shyt sometimes. But he don't got bars and he's ridin the souths wave. I ain't mad at him, it is what it is :manny: