Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
Why are yall nikka still going on about this?The nikka who wrote the article that Troy Ave doesn't want to rap like he from down south and dress like a faq.This isn't ether.This is bullshyt. This nikka didn't do nothing, but check out the Coli and write the article.Look what he said about Elliot Wilson.Dude is a typical sohh lurker fukk this nikka and troy ave:camby:let this bullshyt die

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
99% of rappers lied about being a CO even tho the pictures and records were right in front of their faces :usure:

99% of rappers lie period. Unless you believe all of these dudes were all drug kingpins who were rich before rap and fukking dimes until they decided to go legit and snitch on all of their kingpin tales.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
in before anyone else posts:

written by this guy:
photo.jpg
Nothing else needs to be said

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Yeah, that is some cliche' sh!t. Still this writer has no business speaking on Hip Hop. I swear there needs to be a summit on this culture, and a referendum declaring what hipsters should be assualted on site.
You can't prevent people who buy and listen to music from having an opinion on it.
That's not what music is about.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
You cats do realize that as hip-hop grows in popularity and gets more diverse in its sound, articles like this become more commonplace? And that's a good thing. We're nearing 40 years since hip-hop began. That's at least one generation who grew up listening to Wu-Tang instead of (or along with) Wham or Weezer. As much as people want to, you can't tell people they can listen to hip-hop but not comment on it? Why the fukk not?

Are there white hipsters with horrendous opinions on hip-hop? Of course. But there are black folks with awful opinions on hip-hop too. No one gets to be the culture gatekeeper.

Let me ask you this, and please answer this question honestly. Would hardcore country western music fans take a review serious if Sway did it? If Sway, Charlamage, dj envy or dj drama wrote an article, blog or detailed review of a Garth Brooks album or did a review of Garth Brooks period, would Country music fans hold any credibility to said hip hop dj's/ personalities? :usure:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Let me ask you this, and please answer this question honestly. Would hardcore country western music fans take a review serious if Sway did it? If Sway, Charlamage, dj envy or dj drama wrote an article, blog or detailed review of a Garth Brooks album or did a review of Garth Brooks period, would Country music fans hold any credibility to said hip hop dj's/ personalities? :usure:

If Sway grew up bumping Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings, and could talk/write about them in appropriate detail, most definitely. The writer sounds like he's been listening to hip-hop in the 90s at least (he made a Lox picking shytty beats reference).

They embraced Nelly's corny ass.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
If Sway grew up bumping Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings, and could talk/write about them in appropriate detail, most definitely. The writer sounds like he's been listening to hip-hop in the 90s at least (he made a Lox picking shytty beats reference).

They embraced Nelly's corny ass.

If sway grew up on those artist, but he lived in the queens projects his whole life. But never rode a horse, didn't grow up on a farm, a ranch, never been to a rodeo, never rode in a pick up truck, was never socially or culturally attached to country music lifestyle, he would be disqualified and disconnected from that culture

sun raw

All Star
Daps
If sway grew up on those artist, but he lived in the queens projects his whole life. But never rode a horse, didn't grow up on a farm, a ranch, never been to a rodeo, never rode in a pick up truck, was never socially or culturally attached to country music lifestyle, he would be disqualified and disconnected from that culture

:what:

No, that's not how it works.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You can't prevent people who buy and listen to music from having an opinion on it.
That's not what music is about.

I don't want to limit the options people have available for purchase, or what they can listen to. I don't wan't to stop them from having an opinion, nor do I want to prevent them from expressing their opinions. However, I don't want them expressing their opinions through formats that potentially drives which direction the music and culture will take. Regardless of what specifics in the article that I might agree with, the tone of it, and the background of the writer are indicative of an outsider who has gotten entirely too comfortable within a culture that he's a guest within. I can't believe I just typed that by the way, like damn I'm on the same page with Lord Jamar. This writer, and far too many other hipsters are way too comfortable critiquing and speaking on this art and culture as if they're entitled to it. They're not showing a proper respect for it. Let the market decide whether or not Troy Ave isn't worthy, and when I say the market, that includes hipsters as well.

What hipsters should not be given is a free pass in positions where they can make or break an artist through the pen, or other media. In other words, they can feel free to express themselves privately, or a message board, even a sh!tty little blog, but they need to earn their stripes before they can critique artists like Troy Ave flagrantly, much in the same way white rappers had to earn the respect of the Hip Hop community before acceptance. This writer is a hipster fukk, and you know I've never used cac before on here, but in this case, it's appropriate because it's a symptom of the larger problem. This hipster cac should not be given a pass to sh!t on any legitimate rapper on the come up. Let the market decide Troy Ave's fate. Let NYC decide if he's worthy to hold the crown. But under no circumstances should a Drew Millard play a major role in deading an artist's grind.

sun raw

All Star
Daps
His opinion would be disqualified and credibility would be questionable

Literally only an idiot is going to go "Has this guy ever ridden a horse? If not, I don't think I trust his opinion on country music." It's like the people who tell film critics to make their own movies if they're so smart.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Literally only an idiot is going to go "Has this guy ever ridden a horse? If not, I don't think I trust his opinion on country music." It's like the people who tell film critics to make their own movies if they're so smart.

Have a lack of understanding of context brehs :comeon:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I don't want to limit the options people have available for purchase, or what they can listen to. I don't wan't to stop them from having an opinion, nor do I want to prevent them from expressing their opinions. However, I don't want them expressing their opinions through formats that potentially drives which direction the music and culture will take. Regardless of what specifics in the article that I might agree with, the tone of it, and the background of the writer are indicative of an outsider who has gotten entirely too comfortable within a culture that he's a guest within. I can't believe I just typed that by the way, like damn I'm on the same page with Lord Jamar. This writer, and far too many other hipsters are way too comfortable critiquing and speaking on this art and culture as if they're entitled to it. They're not showing a proper respect for it. Let the market decide whether or not Troy Ave isn't worthy, and when I say the market, that includes hipsters as well.

What hipsters should not be given is a free pass in positions where they can make or break an artist through the pen, or other media. In other words, they can feel free to express themselves privately, or a message board, even a sh!tty little blog, but they need to earn their stripes before they can critique artists like Troy Ave flagrantly, much in the same way white rappers had to earn the respect of the Hip Hop community before acceptance. This writer is a hipster fukk, and you know I've never used cac before on here, but in this case, it's appropriate because it's a symptom of the larger problem. This hipster cac should not be given a pass to sh!t on any legitimate rapper on the come up. Let the market decide Troy Ave's fate. Let NYC decide if he's worthy to hold the crown. But under no circumstances should a Drew Millard play a major role in deading an artist's grind.

Dapped and repped :wow: