Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Writer comes off as bitter and a hater. TA's music is simply too similar to 50 Cent. That's my big gripe along with his mouth. But he's not a terrible artist. He's actually a pretty good one with some potential if he could add some more originality to his music.
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

U can't be a good artist and unoriginal...........

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
i got plenty of troy's music but he's barkin up the wrong tree with this shyt

Brooklyn rapper Troy Ave has responded to comments fellow lyricist 50 Cent made about Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo being hype men for the Crown Heights emcee. While speaking with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, Troy called 50 Cent’s comments about his fellow G-Unit artists “wack.” In addition to labeling 50 Cent’s remarks “wack,” Troy Ave also questioned why Banks appearing in one of his music videos would make the rapper a hype man.

“As far as relationship, I don’t really have a relationship with him [50 Cent],” Troy said. “You know, I seen him. He gave it up, ‘You doing your thing out here. I like how you sound, what you do.’ I guess I got his support some type of way. But, I mean, you know how that go. What one man say or do don’t hinder on my success. I’m still doing my thing regardless.

“I think that was wack,” Troy added when asked about 50 Cent’s hype men comments. “You know what I mean? But that’s they personal issues. I don’t be really having an opinion on other people’s personal issues. I think it was wack. That is kinda his opinion. That don’t make no sense. But I think it was wack. I wouldn’t have said that about my people. But I don’t know what they got going on. Lloyd Banks definitely in my new video. And I don’t feel like they was hype men. I feel like they was doing what you supposed to do.”

GngoijB.png

He didn't call fif wack, he's saying what he said was wack and I agree with Troy. Fif, at that point like the writer for GQ said is feeding on his young(infantacide) It was a wrong headed thing to say.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

U can't be a good artist and unoriginal...........
What are you talking about?
Reasonable Doubt is a classic record but it brought nothing new (apart from Jay himself) to the game. Production was helmed largely by established producers doing what they do best. Rap content was Mafioso which everyone in NY was doing. Rap style was similar to Nas.

There's plenty of artists that haven't done anything new. Rolling Stones were simply a blues band.

How many rappers in the game have just taken Wayne's autotune warble phase as a fulltime career?

50 Cent himself was hardly an original artist.

With Troy - it just sounds too much like 50 Cent though. The album was decent. It's not trash. It's not completely redundant of style or skill..

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Reasonable Doubt is a classic record but it brought nothing new (apart from Jay himself) to the game. Production was helmed largely by established producers doing what they do best. Rap content was Mafioso which everyone in NY was doing. Rap style was similar to Nas.

There's plenty of artists that haven't done anything new. Rolling Stones were simply a blues band.

How many rappers in the game have just taken Wayne's autotune warble phase as a fulltime career?

With Troy - it just sounds too much like 50 Cent though. The album was decent. It's not trash. It's not completely redundant of style or skill..
I never liked jay because he never displayed any originality.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Rich hill is on the scene ; i dont partake but he generous shares his weed, take s pictures chops it up etc

whether he deserves to make it or if his music is good another question

but this guy expect troy to stomp rich out for what ? what does it prove ?

troy catching a case aint gonna help him make it as a rapper;

a lot of these well off white kids want rappers to throw there lives away for there amusement ...
Every poor person is here for their amusement. But shunning them is real.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Troy music isn't good but it's no worse than the other bullshyt on the radio. Stop acting like NY quality of music is any less than these other places that nikkas act like are dropping classic material. nikkas big up Rick Ross, Rich Homie Quan, YG, all these bird ass nikkas making bullshyt music
:childplease:

Come on. Don't throw Ross in there with Troy or rich homie or young thug. He makes faaaaaaaaar better music than them combined, and there is nothing corny about Ross.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
some of it was amusing, some of it was true but i didn't like the tone.
it seems like he watched his Breakfast Club interview and compared it to how he was when with him a while back and went in with an agenda.

let's face it, Troy was more palpable to these people when he was just the rapper with funny nickname (Harry Powder) and amusing mixtape titles (Bricks In My Backpack) but that little internet following that liked him wasn't enough, he never wanted to be an internet darling because all these rappers that are internet darlings are "weirdo's" to him.. he wanted the street love that G-Unit/Dipset had and he's went on his hellbent campaign to achieve it pissing people off and dividing peoples opinions in the first place...whether it's good or bad people are talking about him and its a good thing for him...but where are the people talking about him..? on the internet..and this is where people like the writer and others probably have a problem with him.. he's essentially spitting in the face of the people that brought him to peoples attention in the first place... if it wasn't for the blogs like onsmash, Nerdatthecooltable etc posting his music and places like noisey doing pieces on him, Combat Jack having him on there years ago would he be able to go on hot97 and The Breakfast Club congratulating DJ's for breaking an NY artist like him and get on SummerJam ? i doubt it.

but overall the article is a win for all parties.

the writer will get more attention, might get some more twitter followers etc looking out for his next piece and Troy is being talked about again and for someone on the come up and wanting to be a divisive figure, he'll be fine with it and if his peoples happen to catch the writer and rough him up..its a little bit of notoriety for young Troy Allegedly.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Yea and Jay gets dinged for that. It's that lack of originality that's kept him from ever having an album of the year. To a degree everybody bites... Nas bit Rae and Biggie, Rae bit Kool G Rap, Kool G Rap bit the mafia etc. etc. But none of em bit to the extent this clown Troy Ave does.

:mjlol: If thats all you think Rolling Stones are, you are not very familiar with their catalog. There are elements of blues, sure, but they are not a blatant BB King ripoff

Wayne took his autotune warble from someone else. And all of those rappers are garbage too.

Thats debatable. U can see where he drew things from, but again, he took old things and combined them in a new way, and brought an energy/element that was clearly missing from the game.

I havent heard the whole album, but the "POTD" biting is too fukking blatant. If u want to give him props for being a good copycat cool, but biting another rappers style verbatim doesn't require any style or skill. Troy Ave is def not the avenue for NY's comeback, or even music worth listening to to be honest.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're starting to get mad about the weirdo Comments. I like the single Troy has out now.