Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Author's dead on.

Troy Ave shows how ignorant he is when calling people weirdos for not being cliche machines like him and fantasizing about a time when there were no "weirdos" in rap, forgetting he fact that De La Soul & Tribe came before G-Unit.

Grand Champ

Rookie
Daps
Have your own opinion and listen to whatever rappers you feel like. Bleeks verse was dope on that mixtape. Is Troy is my favotite rapper? Nope, but I still fukk with a lot of his music though. If yall need someone to validate a rapper for you then you lost. This is the only thing im gonna post in this thread. So Let me get back to listening to all this new music out cause im slacking Lol.

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
BolvM_aCIAEtLni.jpg

Somebody explain to me how this guy gets a pass to write about Hip Hop? Granted, Elliot Wilson and Benzino amongst others have presented fukkery in it's worst, and called it Hip Hop journalism as well, but there's got to be ways to police who does and who doesn't get to write and speak on the culture, and this guy should not under any circumstances have any business writing about Hip Hop unless its from a strictly outsider point of view. Cot-Dam, gentrification affecting NYC even on write-ups focusing on it's local rappers.

You cats do realize that as hip-hop grows in popularity and gets more diverse in its sound, articles like this become more commonplace? And that's a good thing. We're nearing 40 years since hip-hop began. That's at least one generation who grew up listening to Wu-Tang instead of (or along with) Wham or Weezer. As much as people want to, you can't tell people they can listen to hip-hop but not comment on it? Why the fukk not?

Are there white hipsters with horrendous opinions on hip-hop? Of course. But there are black folks with awful opinions on hip-hop too. No one gets to be the culture gatekeeper.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Yeah, that is some cliche' sh!t. Still this writer has no business speaking on Hip Hop. I swear there needs to be a summit on this culture, and a referendum declaring what hipsters should be assualted on site.

What is this boloney about? Author is spot on.

I tried to listen to his shyt but...:trash:..his BSB or whatever squad :trash:

And he looks like the weirdo :trash::aicmon: