Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
On one hand the article is 90% truth.

On the other, the article is an example of the little bit of truth Troy Ave speaks. There's nothing wrong with TA saying New York needs a sound. There's nothing wrong with saying he's KONY. Tip said he was King of the South before he was outselling Ludacris, Wayne said he was the best rapper alive just at the beginning of his run.

Writer comes off as bitter and a hater. TA's music is simply too similar to 50 Cent. That's my big gripe along with his mouth. But he's not a terrible artist. He's actually a pretty good one with some potential if he could add some more originality to his music.

But I guess outright hate articles get more clicks than an unbiased appraisal of an artist who is doing more talking than producing hits.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I have no issue with Troy wanting to bring that "old ny back" sound back and him Keepin it gully. The problem and backlash seems to come from the large amount of hipsters/weirdos that have taken over ny hip hop.

Troy Aves problem is he talks too much. He talks too much about bringing it back and keeping it NY. He isn't bringing anything back solely himself and there's others in NY who been putting out NY sounding music/songs that get more play and love than any Troy Ave song. After Asap released that song with Method Man he tweeted something like sayin to thank him or someshyt cause now people ain't afraid to make "NY sounding" music no more :beli:

Troy Ave talks too fukkin much, that's not to say you gotta be a punk bytch.. But dude does extra extra shyt

You get no points for punkin Chance The Rapper :mjlol: That's like picking on the retarded then bragging about it

He makes it very easy to dislike him

Last edited:

CDoty

i aint sh!t
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
not a fan of troy, but fukk whoever wrote this shyt. i'm guessing it's a white boy or some cacified nikka. that comment about memphis bleek rubbed me the wrong way. :stopitslime:
its memphis bleek dawg, hov been ITCHING to find a reason to fire him from one of the many nanny jobs he does nowadays

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
its memphis bleek dawg, hov been ITCHING to find a reason to fire him from one of the many nanny jobs he does nowadays
No he isn't. Jay could've got rid of Bleek years ago if he wanted to. Jay's known Bleek for 25 years. He's one of the only people from Jay's past that's still around him. There's a reason for that, because he likes him.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Rich Hill is outchea in the clubs like every week if you go to a industry event hes there and he a nice kid .. :yeshrug:+

everybody takes photos with everybody that just some blog hit job sh.it

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
If you don't see a problem with French, feev and Bronson bein the hottest rappers out of NY, then you don't see the problem breh :snoop:

I don't fukk with bronson like that either but troy ave has never spit anything as nice as what bronson spit on this:

Daps
All these rappers claim they read the "48 laws of power" but they seem to ignore law #3 "conceal your intentions, and law #4 "always say less then necessary".

Sounds like I've naturally been workin on 4 & just learning 2 work on 3. I'm a chec that book out 2. I liked his book with 50

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
u BE PARTYING WITH RICH HILL BREH? :sas1::obama:

Rich hill is on the scene ; i dont partake but he generous shares his weed, take s pictures chops it up etc

whether he deserves to make it or if his music is good another question

but this guy expect troy to stomp rich out for what ? what does it prove ?

troy catching a case aint gonna help him make it as a rapper;

a lot of these well off white kids want rappers to throw there lives away for there amusement ...

Last edited: