Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
in before anyone else posts:

written by this guy:
photo.jpg

Allow MFs like this to be a voice of hip hop. Y'all nikkaz be puttin too much stock in these writers opinions. :pacspit:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well you guys can argue about this sillyshyt shyt and I'll go back to playing that Barrel Brothers and Silk Pyramids.
But really brehs i consider most posters on here intelligent about the culture so why let this cat get u fukked up?
If you agree with the article thats cool and if you dont then let it ride, this forum isn't in the position to change hip hop politricks. Keep ya third eye open and enjoy the music

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
damn that was ether.

The point about Xquire, Lauren, and others is perfect. All them dudes are making interesting NY music without it sounding old. Ave has some good beats but overall his sound just feels dated, he's not even trying anything new.

Ferg, Bronson, and French Montana are the biggest NY rappers right now. Ave is a nobody unless you're a rap nerd like us.

If you don't see a problem with French, ferg and Bronson bein the hottest rappers out of NY, then you don't see the problem breh :snoop:

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
If you don't see a problem with French, feev and Bronson bein the hottest rappers out of NY, then you don't see the problem breh :snoop:
bronson is a pretty funny person/rapper tho, and he doesn't really talk about reppin NY that much from what i can tell :lupe: i dont listen to french and i only bump ferg in the whip cuz the bass be slappin, they aint groundbreakin but i dont see the problem with any of those nikkas reppin NY (outside of ASAP skirt fukkery :scusthov: but at the same time seems like nikkas be dressin like that in SoHo so i guess it DOES represents that group accurately :scusthov: )

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
bronson is a pretty funny person/rapper tho, and he doesn't really talk about reppin NY that much from what i can tell :lupe: i dont listen to french and i only bump ferg in the whip cuz the bass be slappin, they aint groundbreakin but i dont see the problem with any of those nikkas reppin NY (outside of ASAP skirt fukkery :scusthov: but at the same time seems like nikkas be dressin like that in SoHo so i guess it DOES represents that group accurately :scusthov: )

I fux with some of Bronson's music, at least he has that "ny sound" Harry Fraud blesses AB with some ill production. Ferg and French are being carried by production.

I have no issue with Troy wanting to bring that "old ny back" sound back and him Keepin it gully. The problem and backlash seems to come from the large amount of hipsters/weirdos that have taken over ny hip hop.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
in before anyone else posts:

written by this guy:
photo.jpg

This dude isn't going to dictate my taste in rap. Troy Ave last album was pretty good. It wasn't epic and people weren't peeping for him enough for him to even deserve a media hit job like the one he got here. :stopitslime:

I mean shyt there are tons of rap fans who don't even know who Troy Ave is. I mean who the fukk really pays attention to XXL covers anymore, who the fukk really pays attention to Vice anymore (outside of their documentaries) :what:

If anything talking all this shyt might get dude more attention. Like another poster said I remember TI getting a lot of publicity (no such thing as bad publicity) when he called himself King of the south and everybody was thought he had lost his mind.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I fux with some of Bronson's music, at least he has that "ny sound" Harry Fraud blesses AB with some ill production. Ferg and French are being carried by production.

I have no issue with Troy wanting to bring that "old ny back" sound back and him Keepin it gully. The problem and backlash seems to come from the large amount of hipsters/weirdos that have taken over ny hip hop.
true, it's typically people who can't relate to the perspective the music comin from, i'd just ignore em and listen to what i wanna listen to :manny: (and if i ever see em i'd bump troy's shyt extra loud to get em mad, even if i dont even fukk with his music like that :lolbron:)

threads like these only make those writers feel they have real power tho (and in a way kind of validates it, this shyt is 5 pages deep on 50 posts per page :whoo:)

b@squ1@t

I AM THE GOLDEN GOD
Daps
i got plenty of troy's music but he's barkin up the wrong tree with this shyt

Brooklyn rapper Troy Ave has responded to comments fellow lyricist 50 Cent made about Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo being hype men for the Crown Heights emcee. While speaking with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, Troy called 50 Cent’s comments about his fellow G-Unit artists “wack.” In addition to labeling 50 Cent’s remarks “wack,” Troy Ave also questioned why Banks appearing in one of his music videos would make the rapper a hype man.

“As far as relationship, I don’t really have a relationship with him [50 Cent],” Troy said. “You know, I seen him. He gave it up, ‘You doing your thing out here. I like how you sound, what you do.’ I guess I got his support some type of way. But, I mean, you know how that go. What one man say or do don’t hinder on my success. I’m still doing my thing regardless.

“I think that was wack,” Troy added when asked about 50 Cent’s hype men comments. “You know what I mean? But that’s they personal issues. I don’t be really having an opinion on other people’s personal issues. I think it was wack. That is kinda his opinion. That don’t make no sense. But I think it was wack. I wouldn’t have said that about my people. But I don’t know what they got going on. Lloyd Banks definitely in my new video. And I don’t feel like they was hype men. I feel like they was doing what you supposed to do.”

GngoijB.png

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because next he's going to start biting Killa Cam style :stopitslime:

Also, are we going to act like Tommy Hilfiger's son isn't asking to get the shyt smacked out of him?

This dude is the son of a racist billionaire, but he dressed like he's been in the trap all day. I hate that shyt :childplease:

rich-hil-troy-ave.jpg

dude stop....... Tommy Hill is not a racist and Troop was not owned by the KKK, all those stupid internet fabrications were proven to be false ages ago...

and if you really knew about hip hop you would know that Tommy Hill was the first clothing designer to work with a hip hop group, Brand Nubian

The writer sounds like a scorned lover..... the article is wack

Troy Ave is overrated as fukk

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That's what I don't get. We get it fakkit, you are a "hip hop elitist", but it kind of negates all the smarky shyt he saying by just throwing out petty jabs. Peoplecan say whatever they want about Bleek, but he is the genuine article, doesn't portray himself any differently than he ever has. This kid probably started listening to hip hop 5-7 years ago, his opinion doesn't exist to me.
that being said, fukk a troy ave, aint nobody care enough about that due to be demanding an "exposé"

As soon as I started reading I figured he was some fakkit who didn't even come up listening to hip hop during the rocafella era so he wouldn't even understand. People who genuinely have respect wouldn't try to take a shot at Bleek because even though his success wasn't as good as it should've been, he stood on his own 2 in the shadow of Hov at Hov's lyrical peak which is a feat in itself. The fact that the writer had valid points was overshadowed by his obvious desperation for approval. I can't stand Troy Ave but I'd rather support Troy on this then co-sign this culture vulture's supposed ether to take an opportunity to get cred he doesn't deserve.