Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
because they don't respect you. then again why should they? you don't respect yourself. you let these people ridicule you, clown you, belittle you, and yet you go to them as they are your authority.
what the hell are you talking about :what: who am i letting redicule me and going to as my authority

i just said the shyt was annoying

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
what the hell are you talking about :what: who am i letting redicule me and going to as my authority

i just said the shyt was annoying
you really want to have this discussion in a damn troy ave thread?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
you really want to have this discussion in a damn troy ave thread?
if you misinterpreted me saying "around me" and took it as me saying those are people that i actively hang with, that's one thing, but even then it's still a reach :what:

there is no discussion to be had, i dont chill with those types of people cuz the shyt they do annoys me, you took that and went all the way to the left with it for reasons i dont care to know :camby:

Jhoon

Daps
really gotta do a thread about white people taking over hip hop. the entire step by step process.

:banderas:
they were always had their hand over hip hop. but because those margins are getting thinner, it's getting harder to not notice their greasy little fingers. take the money out, and youre gonna have a better product. how do you expect a culture based on honesty and raw emotion when the artists only care about money?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
they were always had their hand over hip hop. but because those margins are getting thinner, it's getting harder to not notice their greasy little fingers. take the money out, and youre gonna have a better product. how do you expect a culture based on honesty and raw emotion when the artists only care about money?

because this was a part of the plan from the day they set eyes on hip hop and saw how powerful it was, they then began the process of slowly and surreptitiously corrupting it.

just imagine being a white businessman in the early nineties and you discover your white son was secretly enjoying hip hop, this is what the situation was for cacs, they were losing their kids' minds and hearts to Black men. just imagine the rage and jealousy these white men must have felt as they came home from a long day of work, to Wutang blaring from the vintage Bose audio entertainment center.

:wow:

Jhoon

Daps
just imagine being a white businessman in the early nineties and you discover your white son was secretly enjoying hip hop, this is what the situation was for cacs, they were losing their kids' minds and hearts to Black men. just imagine the rage and jealousy these white men must have felt as they came home from a long day of work, to Wutang blaring from the vintage Bose audio entertainment center.

it also exposed that all these folks we looked up to were suckers and could be easily bought and conditioned. How rebellious are you if you can be conned and manipulated?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
it also exposed that all these folks we looked up to were suckers and could be easily bought and conditioned. How rebellious are you if you can be conned and manipulated?

you're dealing with people who had the resources to make Black men who had relatively little, offers they couldn't afford to refuse.

Jhoon

Daps
you're dealing with people who had the resources to make Black men who had relatively little, offers they couldn't afford to refuse.
But are all us of capable of being bought? Do we all have a price?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
But are all us of capable of being bought? Do we all have a price?

I won't say we ALL do, but I'd wager that the percentage of people who can be bought off, is well into 90%.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
This article has no value due to the heavy anti-NY bias.

:camby:
What in it is not true? Troy Ave will not bring NY back, he is generic and his music is corny, dated and unoriginal. And I lived in NYC for 28 yrs.

NY needs to stop rallying around this corny bullshyt and start demanding quality again.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
What in it is not true? Troy Ave will not bring NY back, he is generic and his music is corny, dated and unoriginal. And I lived in NYC for 28 yrs.

NY needs to stop rallying around this corny bullshyt and start demanding quality again.

Troy music isn't good but it's no worse than the other bullshyt on the radio. Stop acting like NY quality of music is any less than these other places that nikkas act like are dropping classic material. nikkas big up Rick Ross, Rich Homie Quan, YG, all these bird ass nikkas making bullshyt music

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Troy music isn't good but it's no worse than the other bullshyt on the radio. Stop acting like NY quality of music is any less than these other places that nikkas act like are dropping classic material. nikkas big up Rick Ross, Rich Homie Quan, YG, all these bird ass nikkas making bullshyt music

whether or not the music is "bullshyt" is irrelevant, Rich Homie Quan's music is infinitely more enjoyable than anything Troy puts out, even though Troy might technically be the "better" rapper.

If people don't listen and enjoy, your skills don't mean all that much, especially if you find validation in people actually liking the material you put out.