Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
BolvM_aCIAEtLni.jpg

Somebody explain to me how this guy gets a pass to write about Hip Hop? Granted, Elliot Wilson and Benzino amongst others have presented fukkery in it's worst, and called it Hip Hop journalism as well, but there's got to be ways to police who does and who doesn't get to write and speak on the culture, and this guy should not under any circumstances have any business writing about Hip Hop unless its from a strictly outsider point of view. Cot-Dam, gentrification affecting NYC even on write-ups focusing on it's local rappers.

it's GOTTA be the well executed rap squats.

Everything You Wanted to Know About Rap Squats but Were Afraid to Ask | NOISEY

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
who says he won't? those cacs that go slumming early in life always get recalibrated and uses that experience of said slumming to help guide their business philosophy. the more sincere they are, the more callous they are in their practices. steve job was a buddhist, and used that inner peace not to give a fukk about all the asians he underemployed. don't ever underestimate the evilness of europreans.
Not all with all them tattoos. :ughh:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
damn that was ether.

The point about Xquire, Lauren, and others is perfect. All them dudes are making interesting NY music without it sounding old. Ave has some good beats but overall his sound just feels dated, he's not even trying anything new.

Ferg, Bronson, and French Montana are the biggest NY rappers right now. Ave is a nobody unless you're a rap nerd like us.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
And how y'all offended over that Bleek slight when muthafukkers in here are quick to shyt on him over the same shyt? :camby:
obviously they are tight. mothafukkas can't eat a meal and take what they want and leave the rest.

Jhoon

Daps
which is the only reason he made this tweet.
berg, like all jews, likes their blacks all for themselves. when those blacks that wanted cadilacs in the 30s and 40s but was refused, they wented to the jews to buy it. these blacks would pay those jews a significant percentage just to drive a car. these are jews. bruh. they'll play in filith for a buck. jews aren't our friends, and in fact they should just be destroyed just off gp.

sun raw

All Star
Daps
This article's fine but noz already said all there needed to be said in not so many words

Creativity: 3/10 Dude is riding in that Freddie Gibbs lane of token boom bap conservative neanderthal talking head, and with that comes both a narrowness of creative vision and a general sour grapes attitude that will only continue to seep into his middling music. Admittedly it was pretty funny that time he said “Kendrick wears his shorts above his knees” but only until you remember that Kendrick is arguably the greatest rapper of his generation and Troy is a guy who needed to buy a Lloyd Banks verse to get radio spins in his own city.
Marketability: 2/10 ed-lover-cmon-son.gif
Sustainability: 6/10 He has a long career ahead of him, one full of desperate Hot 97 bids by way of Jeremih collabs and/or infinite Vlad TV interviews about how all of the young people are fakkits.

b_roll_ya

Banned
Daps
dis nikka troy trending too on twitter
dat nikka in front of lance stephenson

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BolvM_aCIAEtLni.jpg

Somebody explain to me how this guy gets a pass to write about Hip Hop? Granted, Elliot Wilson and Benzino amongst others have presented fukkery in it's worst, and called it Hip Hop journalism as well, but there's got to be ways to police who does and who doesn't get to write and speak on the culture, and this guy should not under any circumstances have any business writing about Hip Hop unless its from a strictly outsider point of view. Cot-Dam, gentrification affecting NYC even on write-ups focusing on it's local rappers.

This is and has been the face of Hiphop culture for a while now. There is no more culture like you know it. These folks been trolling the game presenting artists to the mainstream for a while too. They present it and people love it. I listen and I don't understand, but then someone will call me a hater and I just don't know what I'm talking about when I say it's garbage.

Keep letting them dictate.:lolbron:

Well you have no control anyways..........

Jhoon

Daps
This article's fine but noz already said all there needed to be said in not so many words
troy is so wack, he's borderline the epitome of nyc rap. mothafukkas lack creativity. but the truth is their story isn't tragic. rap was about tragedy; how a group of people were given nothing and did something. people like troy is traggic, they're pitiful. like who in their right mind threatens someone, when 2 years ago, you were dikkriding them and showing them how bad you were for having a gun in nyc. look, if you're doing some shyt, why the fukk are you out here hanging around cacs looking for acceptance?

Jhoon

Daps
see this is the type of stuff that really gets under my skin, not necessarily when i see it on the internet, but when i see people(cac hipsters) around me taking normal shyt and turning it into a "meme" it gets me heated almost instantly
because they don't respect you. then again why should they? you don't respect yourself. you let these people ridicule you, clown you, belittle you, and yet you go to them as they are your authority.