Very Very Very Important Question For Those Of You Who Considers Yourself "Pro-Black/Conscious"

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
This question is ONLY for those of you who consider yourself "woke" and have a pro-black mindset. The question is how can you continue to refer to yourself and other black people as "Nikkaz"? I legit don't get it:dwillhuh:

For me personally, that word has been out of my vocab for a few years. Never really was actually. I may type it here and there only as an example or quoting something but I actually DESPISE that word now. I even hate reading it on here. I hate having to say it in my mind when I'm reading y'all posts.

The thing is that my position on that word came about only after gaining a sense of increased racial pride the past few years. My entire mindset has changed due to my increased knowledge of self and past history. That's why I now consider myself "woke" or whatever word you wanna use.

Some of you make some great posts and threads about the state of the black community and I'm reading it like :ehh:
until I see the word "nikka" used :snoop:

I think to myself, how can this person be so "conscious" about what's going on and appear to have an increased racial pride but still refer to himself and other blacks as one of the most demeaning words in the human language. I just don't understand. Y'all help me understand. :mjcry:

How can you be a so-called "proud" black person and still want to call yourself a "n1gger"?

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
It's a part of Black culture, whether you use it or not literally makes no difference in the context of the system we live in.
A big part of the system we're in is ensuring and maintaining the lowered self esteem of black people
o9xmeZo.jpg

I guess I'm using my own personal journey of my increased racial pride correlating with my disgust for the word

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Keep thinking the white man created the word nikka brehs :francis:.
This question is ONLY for those of you who consider yourself "woke" and have a pro-black mindset. The question is how can you continue to refer to yourself and other black people as "Nikkaz"? I legit don't get it:dwillhuh:

For me personally, that word has been out of my vocab for a few years. Never really was actually. I may type it here and there only as an example or quoting something but I actually DESPISE that word now. I even hate reading it on here. I hate having to say it in my mind when I'm reading y'all posts.

The thing is that my position on that word came about only after gaining a sense of increased racial pride the past few years. My entire mindset has changed due to my increased knowledge of self and past history. That's why I now consider myself "woke" or whatever word you wanna use.

Some of you make some great posts and threads about the state of the black community and I'm reading it like :ehh:
until I see the word "nikka" used :snoop:

I think to myself, how can this person be so "conscious" about what's going on and appear to have an increased racial pride but still refer to himself and other blacks as one of the most demeaning words in the human language. I just don't understand. Y'all help me understand. :mjcry:

How can you be a so-called "proud" black person and still want to call yourself a "n1gger"?
If you were self conscious you would know that the word nikka comes from Ethiopia (Africa) and it means black God/king. Know thy self Black Man
giphy.gif

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Thought you were gonna making another same damn thread about the evils of hip-hop and its affect oo the black community. :mjlol:

But yeah, I fully agree. I've posted about it a couple times already on here about the plain insanity and cognitive dissonance at reifying and strengthening a term to yourself and your people that is literally against you, the same term that was thrown at our ancestors with the intent to utterly destroy our being. :yeshrug:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
A big part of the system we're in is ensuring and maintaining the lowered self esteem of black people
o9xmeZo.jpg

I guess I'm using my own personal journey of my increased racial pride correlating with my disgust for the word

What tangible and quantifiable net benefit have you gained by not using the word nikka?

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
What do you mean by "white supremacist bulkshyt"?

To say that you shouldn't use the word nikka at all is the same logic that says you shouldn't burn the flag or protest the anthem, etc. etc. Its basically saying "don't do this because we have declared it bad." With the we being white people or more aptly put the white "system" aka white supremacist bullshyt.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keep thinking the white man created the word nikka brehs :francis:.

If you were self conscious you would know that the word nikka comes from Ethiopia (Africa) and it means black God/king. Know thy self Black Man
giphy.gif
But you would be lying to yourself if you said that it was used as "king/god". You know its not. Everyone else knows its not.

The whole "term of endearment" is bulkshyt. Excuse my language