Utopia Season 2 "The Network is Watching"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
didnt you see the first scene?

hes the person who will release the flu virus, he had seperate passports and news articles of the 5 different people who stashed the virus canisters then killed their families.

I agree we need more eps, 10-12 would of been perfect

:rudy:

what i tell u about that instagram hoes during utopia breh?

fast food worker though.that gus fring influence? :mjpls:

i thought they had said there's no reception though..and then milna makes a phone call :patrice:

some beautiful beautiful shots in this episode

Ok now that I rewatched it I know why I was confused.

In the ep before when Milner was talking to Wilson in the food court, that random dude said "I'm one of 3 people that may be chosen to release the flu".

Based on that dialogue I thought it was 3 people spreading it. I guess it's only one of the 3, and the fast food guy is the chosen one.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

In the ep before when Milner was talking to Wilson in the food court, that random dude said "I'm one of 3 people that may be chosen to release the flu".

Based on that dialogue I thought it was 3 people spreading it. I guess it's only one of the 3, and the fast food guy is the chosen one.

Fred.
how long you want this show to go on for breh?

i almost think it should end next season as much as i love it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
how long you want this show to go on for breh?

i almost think it should end next season as much as i love it

shyt, next episode if they can wrap it up. I just checked the ratings, they're doing like 500,000. If they do get renewed, 1 more season at the most.

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This episode was a bit of a clusterfukk. And this season doesn't seem as focused as the first. I understand why, since the first season is about these guys being on the run and trying to uncover a conspiracy while this season is about...a whole bunch of other shyt, but I think they're trying to do to much. But maybe they know they won't have a third season to wrap up the show:to:

If Janus stops the vaccine from working, how are only maybe 100 million people going to die?:dahell: They're plan is to infect the whole population with a virulent strain of Russian flu. Then administer Janus to the population by means of the flu vaccine. Up to now, the casualties they were planning on were based on those who died before they could get the vaccine. Now we're finding out the vaccine won't work regardless unless you're part of whatever group "Roma" entails. So wouldn't it be billions of people that would be dying off?:why:From what I recall, it was supposed to be around 90-95% of the population that would be sterilized, leaving a fertile population around 500 million. Now I doubt, despite his change of heart, that Carvel created a Roma (the people that will be fertile and whom the vaccine will work for) that included 98% of the population. That would defeat the ideal behind Janus in the first place. So where is she or Deuce Wilsons getting only millions of deaths from?

Less importantly, where the hell did Grant get that gun from?:dahell:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
If Janus stops the vaccine from working, how are only maybe 100 million people going to die?:dahell: They're plan is to infect the whole population with a virulent strain of Russian flu. Then administer Janus to the population by means of the flu vaccine. Up to now, the casualties they were planning on were based on those who died before they could get the vaccine. Now we're finding out the vaccine won't work regardless unless you're part of whatever group "Roma" entails. So wouldn't it be billions of people that would be dying off?:why:From what I recall, it was supposed to be around 90-95% of the population that would be sterilized, leaving a fertile population around 500 million. Now I doubt, despite his change of heart, that Carvel created a Roma (the people that will be fertile and whom the vaccine will work for) that included 98% of the population. That would defeat the ideal behind Janus in the first place. So where is she or Deuce Wilsons getting only millions of deaths from?

it confused me aswell and i actually rewatched the scene that they explained it in multiple times

surely nearly the whole world will now get the flu with no vaccine and die off.

roma people are gypsies so i guess anyone who has any kind of romani in their family tree will survive, they didnt explain it all well enough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
roma people are gypsies so i guess anyone who has any kind of romani in their family tree will survive, they didnt explain it all well enough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people
:snoop:It completely went over my head that that's what he meant by "I chose my own". I had forgotten about the convo Becky and Grant had with the translator dude. That would make the percentage of survivors lower than 1%, tho:dahell: Unless you were exempt by having merely a small fraction of Romani blood, even then it wouldn't be that big of a difference. Unless Milner is horrible at math, I don't see how she could view a near extinction level event like this as anywhere near what she and Carvel strived for with the original Janus plan.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Fred.

lol nah, he actually says something like "If I am chosen......"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
lol nah, he actually says something like "If I am chosen......"

Yeah I was paraphrasing, but I thought 3 people total were gonna be chosen. Not one out of 3.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Just rewatched....no idea. He had the gun, gave it to Jessica, then he had the gun again when he's talking to Milner, then he gave the gun to Carvel, who shot Pietre and emptied the clip, then Grant had the gun again and shot Milner.

Am I missing something here? :what:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:It completely went over my head that that's what he meant by "I chose my own". I had forgotten about the convo Becky and Grant had with the translator dude. That would make the percentage of survivors lower than 1%, tho:dahell: Unless you were exempt by having merely a small fraction of Romani blood, even then it wouldn't be that big of a difference. Unless Milner is horrible at math, I don't see how she could view a near extinction level event like this as anywhere near what she and Carvel strived for with the original Janus plan.

She actually spoke on it twice, first when she was explaining it to Wilson in the food court, "only a few thousand will die", then again when she found out the vaccine won't work. Wilson said "millions could die....hundreds of millions" and she was like :manny:

I don't think the flu is 100% a death sentence but the survival rate without a vaccine will be low, and the death toll will be much higher than before. But to her it was an acceptable risk which is why she made the call.

Fred.