Daps
Reppin
California, America
unnamed5.jpg
Raise beige kids brehs

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
DID I NOT JUST SAY HE WAS USING CODESPEAK TO ADDRESS MINORITIES BUT SAYS NOTHING SPECIFICALLY FOR WHITE PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE THE BIGGEST DRINKERS AND SMOKERS?!!?:what::mjtf: DO YOU NOT PAY ATTENTION???

:stopitslime:Can you not grasp that Back people are dis-proportionally effected by COVID-19? What part of that fact is code?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
ive been reading that food desserts actually dont have a strong correlation as we would expect to health
https://www.usnews.com/news/cities/...arent-the-key-cause-of-nutritional-inequality

In the U.S., rich people tend to eat a lot healthier than poor people.

[
READ:

Pinning Down Food Insecurity in the U.S. ]
Because poor diets cause obesity, Type II diabetes and other diseases, this nutritional inequality contributes to unequal health outcomes. The richest Americans can expect to live 10-15 years longer than the poorest.

Many think that a key cause of nutritional inequality is food deserts – or neighborhoods without supermarkets, mostly in low-income areas. The narrative is that folks who live in food deserts are forced to shop at local convenience stores, where it's hard to find healthy groceries. If we could just get a supermarket to open in those neighborhoods, the thinking goes, then people would be able to eat healthy.

From 2004 to 2016, over 1,000 supermarkets opened in neighborhoods around the country that previously had been food deserts. We analyzed the grocery purchases of a sample of 10,000 households living in those neighborhoods.

Although many people began shopping at the new local supermarket after it opened, they generally didn't buy healthier food. We can statistically conclude that the effect on healthy eating from opening new supermarkets was negligible at best. We calculated that local access to supermarkets explains no more than about 1.5% of the difference in healthy eating between low- and high-income households.

Although many people began shopping at the new local supermarket after it opened, they generally didn't buy healthier food. We can statistically conclude that the effect on healthy eating from opening new supermarkets was negligible at best. We calculated that local access to supermarkets explains no more than about 1.5% of the difference in healthy eating between low- and high-income households.

Tax Sugar, Subsidize Produce

In other words, people don't suddenly go from shopping at an unhealthy convenience store to shopping at the new, healthy supermarket. In reality, people go from shopping at a faraway supermarket to shopping at a new supermarket that offers the same types of groceries.

To be clear, new grocery stores do provide many benefits. In many neighborhoods, new retail can bring jobs, a place to see neighbors and a sense of revitalization. People who live nearby get more options and don't have to travel as far to shop.

But the data show that healthier eating is not one of those benefits.

Instead, we would recommend tweaking prices as a better approach to encouraging healthier habits. Taxes on sugary drinks can discourage their consumption, while food-stamp programs could be modified to make fruits and vegetables cheaper.
It's not just food desserts. It's the combination of food dessert, population density, low income, traffic, environmental dumping, failing schools, limited public investment, etc...

Like I said it's way to complex, to pinpoint on one issue. But I've posted maps in the past on here that highlight these trends.

The real main factors have to do with: physical exercise, education, and income.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m in Baltimore and I’ve barely been out the house the past few weeks. But i did go for a drive a couple days ago and it seems like everybody is outside. No school, nice weather, and a stay at home order for nikkas to defy. shyt was crazy. Groups of what would usually be 10 was like 30. Drug dealers out masked and gloved up. Dirt bikes. All that shyt

I’m not saying that’s not true...but dudes hanging out on the block are not gonna spread the virus @ a larger rate than poor ppl in these same neighborhoods who still have to use public transportation en masse all day everyday

this was a very condescending way for trump and his team to say “see we’re addressing the concerns of the virus afflicting african americans” by having dude utter this useless pandering statement

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Many of us were. Many of us called out the patronizing way Obama spoke to black folks. Always giving black men "you got to do better" lectures on Father's Day etc.
I always find it disingenuous, that we(black women and men) have to collectively do better, when this nation structurally and constantly works against our demise. It profits off our pain at every corner, while doing very little to remedy the root cause. The US has never taken full accountability for the wrongdoings that continue to plague poorer elements of black neighborhoods.

The work harder and get a job rhetoric is so disingenuous, because I've worked low paying, low skilled and entry level jobs.And you know what I saw, tons of african americans ready to work. Yet now that I'm in a white collar field, there's hardly any black people. The disconnect is real. Also those low pay jobs literally have no room for advancement, along with the fact that you're forced to live check to check or end up in debt.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I’m not saying that’s not true...but dudes hanging out on the block are not gonna spread the virus @ a larger rate than poor ppl in these same neighborhoods who still have to use public transportation en masse all day everyday

this was a very condescending way for trump and his team to say “see we’re addressing the concerns of the virus afflicting african americans” by having dude utter this useless pandering statement
Yup no doubt. It shows how out of touch they really are