US General Says Black People Need To Stop Drinking & Doing Drugs

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I dont think he's offering this up as a solution, we have more diabetes, high blood pressure ect. My doctor told me the same thing.

Where is he accusing black people of being the biggest drinker and smokers? The subject is COVID-19, why would he bring up opioids?

DID I NOT JUST SAY HE WAS USING CODESPEAK TO ADDRESS MINORITIES BUT SAYS NOTHING SPECIFICALLY FOR WHITE PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE THE BIGGEST DRINKERS AND SMOKERS?!!?:what::mjtf: DO YOU NOT PAY ATTENTION???

Budda

Superstar
Daps
DrHBsrXVsAAgUQU.jpg

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
:picard:

this whole ordeal is putting health disparities on the summer jam screen so thats the only saving grace. unfortunately he exhibited an embarrassing display of trying to keep it real. should just stay in his lane next time
Yep this is the problem here. We should be happy that this administration is highlighting the effects on the virus on black people and not sweeping it under the rug or juelzing. Worst thing trump could have said it is that 'this virus is an everybody problem, not just black people.' but he hasn't and he's made it very clear to Americans that it is hurting black people the most.

Lets leave politics out of this and save black lives.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Nah man he's being disingenuous. Its deeper than fried chicken, beer and smoking. Certain neighborhoods are legit located in food desserts. Where it's easier to access unhealthy food than healthy food.

He's way too educated to making dumb ass statements like this. That's not how and why health disparities exist amongst Africa Americans.

@wire28 @Booksnrain
ive been reading that food desserts actually dont have a strong correlation as we would expect to health
https://www.usnews.com/news/cities/...arent-the-key-cause-of-nutritional-inequality

In the U.S., rich people tend to eat a lot healthier than poor people.

[
READ:

Pinning Down Food Insecurity in the U.S. ]
Because poor diets cause obesity, Type II diabetes and other diseases, this nutritional inequality contributes to unequal health outcomes. The richest Americans can expect to live 10-15 years longer than the poorest.

Many think that a key cause of nutritional inequality is food deserts – or neighborhoods without supermarkets, mostly in low-income areas. The narrative is that folks who live in food deserts are forced to shop at local convenience stores, where it's hard to find healthy groceries. If we could just get a supermarket to open in those neighborhoods, the thinking goes, then people would be able to eat healthy.

From 2004 to 2016, over 1,000 supermarkets opened in neighborhoods around the country that previously had been food deserts. We analyzed the grocery purchases of a sample of 10,000 households living in those neighborhoods.

Although many people began shopping at the new local supermarket after it opened, they generally didn't buy healthier food. We can statistically conclude that the effect on healthy eating from opening new supermarkets was negligible at best. We calculated that local access to supermarkets explains no more than about 1.5% of the difference in healthy eating between low- and high-income households.

Although many people began shopping at the new local supermarket after it opened, they generally didn't buy healthier food. We can statistically conclude that the effect on healthy eating from opening new supermarkets was negligible at best. We calculated that local access to supermarkets explains no more than about 1.5% of the difference in healthy eating between low- and high-income households.

Tax Sugar, Subsidize Produce

In other words, people don't suddenly go from shopping at an unhealthy convenience store to shopping at the new, healthy supermarket. In reality, people go from shopping at a faraway supermarket to shopping at a new supermarket that offers the same types of groceries.

To be clear, new grocery stores do provide many benefits. In many neighborhoods, new retail can bring jobs, a place to see neighbors and a sense of revitalization. People who live nearby get more options and don't have to travel as far to shop.

But the data show that healthier eating is not one of those benefits.

Instead, we would recommend tweaking prices as a better approach to encouraging healthier habits. Taxes on sugary drinks can discourage their consumption, while food-stamp programs could be modified to make fruits and vegetables cheaper.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Obama also took his c00ning ass to Africa and lectured Black people about being more acceptable to homos. Just straight up bullshyt. That muddafugga was already ready to lecture Black men about some shyt, but he has stood by passively while a white supremacist has called him a little bytch over the last 4 years.
Yep, I remember that shyt, that was the tipping point for me. It's been fukk obama since then.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
We’re y’all offended when Obama said police and ray ray?
Y’all gonna realize rich black folks ain’t no different than cacs or y'all on this we all in this together stuff?

Many of us were. Many of us called out the patronizing way Obama spoke to black folks. Always giving black men "you got to do better" lectures on Father's Day etc.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Because ain’t no cases popping off in West Virginia
Ain’t no cases ringing off like that in Cheyenne Wyoming,Burlington Delaware ,Des Moines Iowa or whatever cac ass place we want to talk about

The hot spots are Detroit,Chicago,New York ,New Orleans

he was asked about the reasoning for it

the nikka said black people are not genetically predisposed to it ,talked about the living,social and housing situations of the black community and how we are disadvantaged because if it but the only thing we see if this bullshyt put out there by the media ..hell he even addressed that all people should avoid that risk later on in the presser

Black people are dying more because of the co-morbidities we have . Want to not have shyt like this happen again to our community. We have change our lifestyle period
when I saw the thread title, I thought it was an msnbc gotcha, taken out of context.
I posted what i thought was the full actual video, only to scroll through the thread and see the video of his "abuela, pop pop" comments.

He's not media savvy , but his intended message is accurate.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I would even debate that as being the main problem

whenever I see pics recently of major cities where public transportation is heavily used it’s been primarily black and latino ppl still packed up in buses/trains on their way to work
I’m in Baltimore and I’ve barely been out the house the past few weeks. But i did go for a drive a couple days ago and it seems like everybody is outside. No school, nice weather, and a stay at home order for nikkas to defy. shyt was crazy. Groups of what would usually be 10 was like 30. Drug dealers out masked and gloved up. Dirt bikes. All that shyt