US General Says Black People Need To Stop Drinking & Doing Drugs

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I always find it disingenuous, that we(black women and men) have to collectively do better, when this nation structurally and constantly works against our demise. It profits off our pain at every corner, while doing very little to remedy the root cause. The US has never taken full accountability for the wrongdoings that continue to plague poorer elements of black neighborhoods.

The work harder and get a job rhetoric is so disingenuous, because I've worked low paying, low skilled and entry level jobs.And you know what I saw, tons of african americans ready to work. Yet now that I'm in a white collar field, there's hardly any black people. The disconnect is real. Also those low pay jobs literally have no room for advancement, along with the fact that you're forced to live check to check or end up in debt.
This.

I get pissed off when those same "pull yourselves up by the bootstraps" non-blacks stay acting like we just like to play around and not take work seriously when most of us been shut out from the job market or have face discrimination and prejudice at every corner even when we try to make something of ourselves in the business world, or in government, or whatever. Or they'll deny that they've have privilege in regards of controlling industries that actively shut us out...or deny that anti-black racism works in their favor in many degrees.

There are so many spaces that black people are not in because we are impeded at every step or just not given the resources to succeed. Or when we do get those keys to open those doors, they change the locks...so we got no choice but to break them down.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
True, but nikkas and latinos also ain't the ones running 5 miles a day, eating avocado toast and regularly getting doctor exams. You can be mad at how he delivered the message, but let's not pretend to be offended by facts.
28636075-running-couple-jogging-on-beach-runners-training-together-man-and-woman-joggers-exercising-outdoors-.jpg

article-2120659-12583705000005DC-723_634x620.jpg

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The fukked up diets and habits are why Black people are getting knocked off at an exponential rate. Yamiche probably has multiple underlying conditions. The NAACP asked him to use language that resonates with the community.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
man anyone applauding this dude’s message is pure assclown status

dude just generically said stop drinking/smoking and do it for your abuela and pop-pop...and folks are realistically trying to argue that shyt is sound advice...from the fukking government no less

:mjlol:
Clown shyt.

As if all our problems can just be simply attributed to smoking and drinking too much and not a system of dominance that's worked to undermine any attempt at collective success powered by racism and discrimination in everything from education to economics for CENTURIES.

It's just easier to call us lazy and say we smoke weed too much.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
man anyone applauding this dude’s message is pure assclown status

dude just generically said stop drinking/smoking and do it for your abuela and pop-pop...and folks are realistically trying to argue that shyt is sound advice

:mjlol:

Exactly the shyt is dumb as hell. The trump administration is a damn mess. Hell even Cuomo Italian ass today was like yeah blacks and latins are dying because of years of institutional racism and neglect.

But we got the surgeon general saying this dumb shyt.

I swear Fauci the only one at them white house press conferences with some sense. If something happens to that old Italian man we fukked. Cause everyone else in that administration is a yes man or yes woman.

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Again. They kinda twisted his words as though he outright said it to Blacks and Latinos.

Is this the clip they got it from?

If so, he didnt disrespect they way we think. Unless you think Grandaddy, Pop Pop and Big Mamma are all directed at black people. We know who abuela is for?
But I doubt the rest of those are for black people.

Im trying to give him the benefit of the doubt since he is a fellow meyerhoff and jerseyite. Im excusing his white wife..for now..lol
He can't take his white wife to the FDMG building.
:ufdup:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I’m not saying that’s not true...but dudes hanging out on the block are not gonna spread the virus @ a larger rate than poor ppl in these same neighborhoods who still have to use public transportation en masse all day everyday

this was a very condescending way for trump and his team to say “see we’re addressing the concerns of the virus afflicting african americans” by having dude utter this useless pandering statement
It's more than pandering, it's wildly belittling.

But what could be expected of the racist Trump administration. They don't see us as people.

They would never tell those hillbilly mofos that voted for him that they need to stop fukking their sisters and shooting up dope and smoking meth...but those same hillbillies and Trump and cacs and non-blacks in general love finger wagging at us to make them feel better about their unimpressive lives. Telling us to stop being on welfare while abusing governtment assistance and unemployment. Tell us to get jobs while they the same people who deny us jobs at their businesses. Telling us to behave and treat women with respect while they commit every white collar crime in the book, beat their wives, sexually harass/sexually assault/rape women and get away with it.

the hypocrisy is glaring.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This.

I get pissed off when those same "pull yourselves up by the bootstraps" non-blacks stay acting like we just like to play around and not take work seriously when most of us been shut out from the job market or have face discrimination and prejudice at every corner even when we try to make something of ourselves in the business world, or in government, or whatever. Or they'll deny that they've have privilege in regards of controlling industries that actively shut us out...or deny that anti-black racism works in their favor in many degrees.

There are so many spaces that black people are not in because we are impeded at every step or just not given the resources to succeed. Or when we do get those keys to open those doors, they change the locks...so we got no choice but to break them down.

Breh I hate this black folks are lazy trope. I hate it when it describes our current conditions and I hate it when its used to describe black athletes in sports when they don't do what we want them to do.

Its all built on the same tired ass racist stereotypes since slavery.

Anyone can go into a poor black neighborhood and see why black folks are dying from covid. There are no hospitals or doctors in those neighborhoods. Very few people have health insurance and if they do its the free clinic kind..which is the worst type of health insurance. Then most of the folks work in the service sector. Which is the front line of where the virus attacks.

Jokers rather push stereotypes than deal with facts.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
The fukked up diets and habits are why Black people are getting knocked off at an exponential rate. Yamiche probably has multiple underlying conditions. The NAACP asked him to use language that resonates with the community.
Yet the top 10 fattest states in America are damn near all Red/Republican states filled with cacs and if dieting is the case then why he bringing up smoke and drank?:russ:

Logic is absent wherever hate is present
:mjlol::camby:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Not as bad as trump saying black ppl have the best healthcare ever since unemployment numbers were down
Now that he can't tout that "lowest black unemployment" accomplishment Trump is back to berating and belittling black folk and just getting outright racist as usual.