“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Supporting the other theory:

I didn't catch a few things he mentions, which does give it merit. His arguments:

- The switch happens afterhe nearly burns their house down, perhaps real Jason got scarred badly and either Red or Adelaide swapped him (or unburned Jason did).
- The emphasis on his weird usage of words and how he's changed since he nearly burned the house down.
- Adelaide's reaction when she sees unburned Jason controlling burned Jason into his self-immolation.
- unburned Jason being unable to do his magic trick/snap his fingers
- Burned Jason being docile and not attacking anyone.
- The final stare between unburned Jason and Adelaide could work both ways: he realizes she was born underground and she realizes he was too, which is why she ends up smiling.
T

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Finished the bootleg of this movie.
This movie was dumb as hell.
No real scares, nothing good at all, just run of the mill generic bullshyt.
Most importantly it was boring.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no need - i just answered your question.

So your " plot hole"wasnt one - you just wasnt paying attention

:myman:
nah, cause we aint got no reference for nothing. Sounds like you talking out of your ass to me unless you can provide the actual quote.
:mjgrin:

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Just got back. Its not a horror movie really. Still wrapping my mind around it. I can see why alot of people will be disappointed though.

Last edited:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no need - i just answered your question.

So your " plot hole"wasnt one - you just wasnt paying attention

:myman:
http://watch-series.live/series/us-episode-0

45 min in and 1:35 respectively. You are wrong. It wasn't even mentioned when she brought up her getting with ole dude. It was mentioned in the second speech. She said
The tethered was created to control the people above but it was a failed experiment. Obviously it failed because the ones above where the ones controlling the tethered, unless somehow her and the boy were a success so she and the boy (if he was switched) were able to control the originals (her with the ballet dance and the boy with walking into the fire). But even then, all of the tethered were controlled by their originals

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Which is why the white family didn’t immediately kill ade when they had them. Probably was holding them for the other family

NO

THEY DIDNT KILL ADEL BECAUSE SHE WAS TETHERED...

SAME REASON RED DIDNT KILL THE SON
AT THE END...

BECAUSE SHE WASNT TETHERED.

THE SWITCH ENDING EXPLAINS THIS.
:devil:
:evil:

High Society

MY Kind of People
Daps
Reppin
The Country Club
Spoilers
Ade was able to control red because sunlight and nuturing was the key to having a shadow and soul.

I believe the shadows were able to come out at night because there is no sunlight to control where they can go and then there is nothing tethering them to their person. This is why they killed at night the only plot hole with this is the Jeremiah 11:11 guy but he could have possibly been killed the night before as we have no clue what time they arrived at the beach or when he died exactly.

This would also explain why the son is able to control the red boy in closet (fire gives him a shadow) and on the street in front of the fire. He realized if he focused on the shadow, he could control it

:wow:

Last edited by a moderator:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Not for nothing tho. I was saying this morning how after that movie I realized just how much a pointless ass animal rabbits must be as pets.
People like to dawg out cats, but at least cats got personality built for SOME typa fukkery.
Rabbits just be sittin there. Look goofy as hell.

:aicmon:

My friend lives with his gf and she brought her bunny with her

Its name is Buns :mjlol:

It somehow is 10 years old and just makes a mess of his place

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
That's what we've been doing for big movies. Maybe we should open the floodgates after opening week for all movies. Discussing it with @hex.

i ain't know ya'll was doin like the opening weekend, i thought like it was an eternal ban on spoilers in these type of threads. :littlesister:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Mods need to be consistent with this spoiler shyt before issuing warnings. Like the past 20 pages haven’t been spoilered :dahell:
Been consistent last 10 pages. If ya'll don't read or don't know the rules that ain't our problem.
Can't be god and look every page of every thread.