“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Somebody pointed this out to me.

Originally when “I Got 5 On It” was playing in the car she was snapping her fingers off beat.

Later when she was fighting Red while the cinematic version was playing. She couldn’t touch Red and was “off beat” to the music while Red was perfectly in-sync with it and was smoothly avoiding her strikes until the music ended and Alderaine managed to kill her

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
People are shytting on this movie or leaving the theatre without clapping but they will clap over the cheesiest movies.

I know we shouldn't judge a film by its trailer but look at that "Little" movie coming out next month that stars Regina Hall. It looks like the typical cliche comedy with a couple Mammy jokes sprinkled in...if I see it its only to support the 14 year old girl who made the movie....but I bet you people are gonna cheer their asses off at those cheesy jokes but a movie like US they wanna say its wack cause its so complex :scust:
It's like when me n my wife took my younger cousin and my sister in law to see Hereditary. My cousin n sister in law hated it. But they'd probably think that Netflix movie Veronica or the 50 million Paranormal Activity movies are dope and scary. Most audiences are dumb that's why even tho I don't care about critics ratings or whatever, I REALLY don't care about Audience reviews. The right audience is who it's for but I wish the rest of us weren't so stupid and actually tried to respect the craft

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
still doesn't answer the question. No one is questioning a person being a product of their environment. I'm asking, "when the fake one was doing her whole ballet upstairs, the real one was doing the same at the exact same time like the rest of the clones in the basement by being their "shadows. How was it that the fake one was able to control the real one when the experiment was abandoned?"
Get ready for juelzing

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
220px-Us_%282019%29_theatrical_poster.png

:ohlawd::ooh::krs::damn: That Ending.

Instant Blassic. Lupita Bodied this sh!t something serious. Yes there are racial, class symbolism but I loved how multi-layered it was just like "Get Out". I also liked how it was a contained thriller again. Had some sci-fi elements slightly as well. This is exactly what I was hoping for after "Get Out". Not for Jordan to do a Studio packaged Blockbuster, comic book movie or rehashed reboot. But an Original High End Concept again. We need more storytellers with original ideas like the 70's and 80's when I grew up. This is why I put up with M. Night as long as I did because at least he was bringing something original. The acting was on point, the cinematography was off the chain. The Concept was dope definitely a "Twilight Zone" feel. And again, my girl Lupita. Damn, to pull off that role. That voice, everything...I believe her all the way through. The ending shocked me because it was a possibility but I was unsure how it all connected. I was just sitting there in disbelief by the whole Tethered's and if they are real or not.

Actually the whole family. Both kids did amazing too. Winston was straight. I felt this role they wanted him to be more of a 'Normal' guy instead of the exaggeration of the M' Baku character. But this joint still got my head spinning a day later. The Concept was wild especially since there really are miles of abandon tunnels all across the US. There were a lot of 80's symbolism (Jordan clearly grew up in the 80's). There were VHS Tapes of "Goonies" and "Chud". "Jaws" shirt and Yes the "Thriller" shirt was symbolism as well. Black people obviously have been in Horror before but to just have the full story and it be a family too at the center. That was just refreshing to see. It was much more of a Psychological Thriller though. We could be headed for another Black film Renaissance like the 90's if Jordan and Ryan keep this up. Jordan is 2/2 for me. Both of these joints will be remembered.

:salute: To Jordan.

giphy.gif

Jason was lookin at Lupita at like....

Lastly, My mans flipped that "I got 5 on it" Something serious. Damn. It's one thing to hear in the trailer, another on surround sound.

Man you don't post as often as you usually do but I love seeing your reviews on media related to Black Culture. Thank you for being one of the people with the appreciation of a complex movie. This really is his TPAB movie. Maybe people will appreciate it more as time goes on.

Maybe you noticed this already but also remember the connection at the start of the movie with the "Hands of America" and then later on we saw the people in Red holding hands in a circle. She may have remembered that commercial as a child. Sorry if someone mentioned this before.

Also they had on "one glove" like Michael...

If we still going with the MJ references, maybe we could also link that "Hands of America" to "We Are The World" with it all being late 80s.

I haven't seen anyone speak on the OJ Simpson reference either in the movie. There has to also be something there with one of the white family mentioning him and the white family being the family to die, while the black family(well the "good" one) stayed alive.

After seeing the trailer for the new movie Taraji is in I'm :scust: at the roles that she chooses to sign up for. Whatever Jordan does next I hope he gets her as the main character. She is too talented to waste her skills on generic movies like she does. Imagine Taraji and Lupita in the same movie...by Jordan Peele :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
There's hint in the writing that they've been secretly taking trips.

The dad mentions to the daughter that she needs to train on the sand. The traction is what can make her faster. The doppleganger happens to be fast as shyt. She "grew up" right by the beach. So I don't think this was the first trip.

This was an uprising planned for years...

The girl's character was strange. What did she bring to the film, other than merely continuing the plot?

I understand that Red wanted to torture the family, but all of the emotion was muted and fell flat between the two worlds.

If this was planned for years, it sure didn't seem like the rage and utter emotionally ravaged state that Red or Lupita went through was maximized on. The interactions and result of them came off really goofy and not tapping into what cathartic goals Red had. I guess they had to stretch the fukkery until the plot twist at the end.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
220px-Us_%282019%29_theatrical_poster.png

:ohlawd::ooh::krs::damn: That Ending.

Instant Blassic. Lupita Bodied this sh!t something serious. Yes there are racial, class symbolism but I loved how multi-layered it was just like "Get Out". I also liked how it was a contained thriller again. Had some sci-fi elements slightly as well. This is exactly what I was hoping for after "Get Out". Not for Jordan to do a Studio packaged Blockbuster, comic book movie or rehashed reboot. But an Original High End Concept again. We need more storytellers with original ideas like the 70's and 80's when I grew up. This is why I put up with M. Night as long as I did because at least he was bringing something original. The acting was on point, the cinematography was off the chain. The Concept was dope definitely a "Twilight Zone" feel. And again, my girl Lupita. Damn, to pull off that role. That voice, everything...I believe her all the way through. The ending shocked me because it was a possibility but I was unsure how it all connected. I was just sitting there in disbelief by the whole Tethered's and if they are real or not.

Actually the whole family. Both kids did amazing too. Winston was straight. I felt this role they wanted him to be more of a 'Normal' guy instead of the exaggeration of the M' Baku character. But this joint still got my head spinning a day later. The Concept was wild especially since there really are miles of abandon tunnels all across the US. There were a lot of 80's symbolism (Jordan clearly grew up in the 80's). There were VHS Tapes of "Goonies" and "Chud". "Jaws" shirt and Yes the "Thriller" shirt was symbolism as well. Black people obviously have been in Horror before but to just have the full story and it be a family too at the center. That was just refreshing to see. It was much more of a Psychological Thriller though. We could be headed for another Black film Renaissance like the 90's if Jordan and Ryan keep this up. Jordan is 2/2 for me. Both of these joints will be remembered.

:salute: To Jordan.

giphy.gif

Jason was lookin at Lupita at like....

Lastly, My mans flipped that "I got 5 on it" Something serious. Damn. It's one thing to hear in the trailer, another on surround sound.

:salute:

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
Movie was a 7/10 for me. Very dope cinematography. Movie didn’t explain enough for me though and the families both did stupid horror movie dumb stuff. Also, I figured the big twist out within the first 20 mins or so due to them omitting something they showed repeatedly in the trailer.

In the trailers they always showed the little girls meeting in the mirror house and it showed the little girl choking the other one. At the beginning of the movie and every time they showed them meeting up in the flashback they never showed the choking part. Then Red shows up and talks but talks like her throat got crushed in the past. :snoop:

Like, okay that’s just too obvious that the girl choked the other and took her place when you factor in she wouldn’t talk when she went back to her family. If that’s such a crucial part to the story and it’s also a really surprising/impressive scene, LEAVE IT OUT OF THE fukkING TRAILER. Use another shot goddammit. I shouldn’t be able to use basic ass deductive reasoning to figure out a major plot point that early on because you got lazy with deciding what to put in the trailer and what not. Why do studios keep doing this type of shyt man? It low key took me out of the movie a bit.

Anyways, good flick. Somewhat safe, but that’s okay. Will prob watch a few more times when it leaks. Curious to see what Peele comes up with next. No idea why it got the crazy reviews it did but don’t let them overhyping it detract from your enjoyment. Movie reviewers are fukking stupid
AGREED 100%.
I normally don't watch any trailers that are over a minute long because of things like that. I only watched this one because of the hype it was getting and how they flipped the I got 5 on it song.
There were a few other images in the trailer that we didn't see until late in the movie which also ruined certain reveals for me, but I won't speak on it since I can never get the spoiler tag to work on mobile

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
why are people in here complaining about spoilers after the goddamn movie has come out? don't come in a movie thread once it's been released if you're worried about spoilers. fukkin two years from now, are ya'll gonna be telling folks to put shyt in here in spoilers bc some retard will always not have seen it?

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
US = U.S

“We’re Americans”

This film is a critique of Class in America...the haves and the have nots

The people forced to live below resenting the people living high.

They are a reflection of each other.
Right. There's more meanings I'm sure you could make but this is the one i got from it immediately. America creates people it views as monsters. In prisons, schools maybe, projects, bad neighborhoods, homeless, etc. But if we really were to Unite we could rise up. Yet that takes violence. We really gotta see each other as equals and come together. Something like that.