“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
why are people in here complaining about spoilers after the goddamn movie has come out? don't come in a movie thread once it's been released if you're worried about spoilers. fukkin two years from now, are ya'll gonna be telling folks to put shyt in here in spoilers bc some retard will always not have seen it?
I might talk to @hex about changing the rules, but see there's two sides here.
People that haven't seen it can come here to know stuff/talk about the movie without getting spoiled. There's no need to avoid the thread just because you haven't seen it yet.
Two years from now nobody gives a fukk about the movie. Neither will the mods :troll:

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
why are people in here complaining about spoilers after the goddamn movie has come out? don't come in a movie thread once it's been released if you're worried about spoilers. fukkin two years from now, are ya'll gonna be telling folks to put shyt in here in spoilers bc some retard will always not have seen it?
This is true, and I never go in a movie thread unless I've seen it, but I don't have a problem waiting until the opening weekend is over before openly discussing spoilers. There's people on here that respect certain posters and may want to read their their opinions before seeing the movie. I know they could just pm them, but then you lose the option of having an open discussion with multiple people.
I think spoilers should be talked about openly starting Monday morning.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
This is true, and I never go in a movie thread unless I've seen it, but I don't have a problem waiting until the opening weekend is over before openly discussing spoilers. There's people on here that respect certain posters and may want to read their their opinions before seeing the movie. I know they could just pm them, but then you lose the option of having an open discussion with multiple people.
I think spoilers should be talked about openly starting Monday morning.

it should be a two week moratorium on spoilers. thats how they do it in my discords
That's what we've been doing for big movies. Maybe we should open the floodgates after opening week for all movies. Discussing it with @hex.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
People are shytting on this movie or leaving the theatre without clapping but they will clap over the cheesiest movies.

I know we shouldn't judge a film by its trailer but look at that "Little" movie coming out next month that stars Regina Hall. It looks like the typical cliche comedy with a couple Mammy jokes sprinkled in...if I see it its only to support the 14 year old girl who made the movie....but I bet you people are gonna cheer their asses off at those cheesy jokes but a movie like US they wanna say its wack cause its so complex :scust:
So you've gone on this tirade only to admit there's a possibility you're going to see it anyway? :loldenzel2:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Man you don't post as often as you usually do but I love seeing your reviews on media related to Black Culture. Thank you for being one of the people with the appreciation of a complex movie. This really is his TPAB movie. Maybe people will appreciate it more as time goes on.

Maybe you noticed this already but also remember the connection at the start of the movie with the "Hands of America" and then later on we saw the people in Red holding hands in a circle. She may have remembered that commercial as a child. Sorry if someone mentioned this before.

Also they had on "one glove" like Michael...

If we still going with the MJ references, maybe we could also link that "Hands of America" to "We Are The World" with it all being late 80s.

I haven't seen anyone speak on the OJ Simpson reference either in the movie. There has to also be something there with one of the white family mentioning him and the white family being the family to die, while the black family(well the "good" one) stayed alive.

After seeing the trailer for the new movie Taraji is in I'm :scust: at the roles that she chooses to sign up for. Whatever Jordan does next I hope he gets her as the main character. She is too talented to waste her skills on generic movies like she does. Imagine Taraji and Lupita in the same movie...by Jordan Peele :wow:

The Michael symbolism was very clear. The Duality of "Thriller" video is definitely relevant to the film. Also your right about the glove and everyone being in Red. Clearly tied to "Thriller". Jason and Lupita's reaction in the car was reminiscent of Michael in "Thriller". Also the little boy is named Jason and wears a Mask clearly homage to "Friday the 13th" which came out in the 80's as well. This is why the film did have a "Slasher" vibe to it. The whole boat scene and beach scene was homage to "Jaws" Yes "Hands Across America" and "We are the World" are tied because that was a big thing when I was a kid in the 80's. Feeding the hungry and helping impoverished nations in Africa and other places. "We Are the World" was 85, "Hands Across America" is 86.

I think Taraji is doing just fine overall. I agree some of her latest choices haven't been best but she can act. I'm not fully sold on new movie though it is based a true story. But Lupita just dominated in this role. I'm actually glad she waited for the right role to star in after the Oscar. Now she can go back to her Blockbuster sequels and wait for the right role to star in again. As for Jordan = K Dot after his first two....I actually think this is much more in line with Biggie or NaS. Get Out= RTD/ILLmatic (Low Budget, Raw, Came out of nowhere). Us = LAD/I.W.W. (Blockbuster Sequel, blew up in the mainstream etc). TPAB sold less than "Good Kid" where as NaS and Big both increased with their 2nd albums like Jordan just did with "Us".

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
That's what we've been doing for big movies. Maybe we should open the floodgates after opening week for all movies. Discussing it with @hex.
Maybe people should learn to use spoiler tags or make a separate thread about the movie with SPOILERS in the title :ohhh: