“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Which is why the white family didn’t immediately kill ade when they had them. Probably was holding them for the other family

yes, it's a bit of that.

It was some other undertones in that scene.

The white man lower self was going after the black man higher self while he was injured and already struggling. That parallels society.

The white woman lower self was enamored with the black woman higher self's beauty. Was looking in the mirror and thinking of what alterations she could make to her face to look like her. That harkens-back to the rampant plastic surgery today.

So many under tones.

:banderas:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And look, Winston Duke was nothing more than a corny ass suburban-type black dude. That's all, that's it.

That's some of yall in here right damn now :mjharshreality:
I know lol people kill me with that hes emasculated bull . He was a normal regular dude The movie wasn’t about him being a action hero or hood. Every black guy isn’t killmonger or tchalLa.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People are shytting on this movie or leaving the theatre without clapping but they will clap over the cheesiest movies.

I know we shouldn't judge a film by its trailer but look at that "Little" movie coming out next month that stars Regina Hall. It looks like the typical cliche comedy with a couple Mammy jokes sprinkled in...if I see it its only to support the 14 year old girl who made the movie....but I bet you people are gonna cheer their asses off at those cheesy jokes but a movie like US they wanna say its wack cause its so complex :scust:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Also just add on, the dancing scene might have been the trigger to remind the little girl down below of what it is to be human, which was so foreign to the zombie nikkas. She moved different because she truly human.
Great point.

It’s also why Adelaide was off beat as hell trying to get her son to catch the rhythm.

She has no real soul.

It’s also why she flunked out as a dancer early in life and why red was a much better dancer than her.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The experiment was deemed as an overall failure because of a lack of ability to perfectly replicate a soul. The purpose of this experiment was for the shadows to control those who are above ground. Maybe the experiments failure was due to the fact that those underground didn't have the opportunity to "live" and by not living they didn't have the ability to connect with humanity . By live I mean gather the experiences that makes humans, human. We're shaped by our day to day interactions, that's what makes us, us. If we're truly born with a blank slate (tabula rasa ) like philosophers like Aristotle,Thomas Aquinas and John Locke believed we're truly products of our experiences and perceptions. You can't truly replicate what's human without the human experience . So what you are left with are lifelike shells.... Red got to experience what it truly is to be human above ground..... Maybe that was the connection.
I apprecite the time it took for you to type that out but it still makes no sense