“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clearly the experiment never worked which is why the government abandoned it. From what it looked like the people up top was controlling the bottom

And red is from uptop and ade is really from bottom. But red some how became tethered while being down there.
which is why it made no sense. How did red "somehow" become tethered while down there when the experiment was abandoned? How did she become a whole "shadow" copying the fake one's ballet n all when she was supposed to be the one with the power?

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

still doesn't answer the question. No one is questioning a person being a product of their environment. I'm asking, "when the fake one was doing her whole ballet upstairs, the real one was doing the same at the exact same time like the rest of the clones in the basement by being their "shadows. How was it that the fake one was able to control the real one when the experiment was abandoned?"

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
still doesn't answer the question. No one is questioning a person being a product of their environment. I'm asking, "when the fake one was doing her whole ballet upstairs, the real one was doing the same at the exact same time like the rest of the clones in the basement by being their "shadows. How was it that the fake one was able to control the real one when the experiment was abandoned?"

That's a great question, that NO ONE has an answer for.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
220px-Us_%282019%29_theatrical_poster.png

:ohlawd::ooh::krs::damn: That Ending.

Instant Blassic. Lupita Bodied this sh!t something serious. Yes there are racial, class symbolism but I loved how multi-layered it was just like "Get Out". I also liked how it was a contained thriller again. Had some sci-fi elements slightly as well. This is exactly what I was hoping for after "Get Out". Not for Jordan to do a Studio packaged Blockbuster, comic book movie or rehashed reboot. But an Original High End Concept again. We need more storytellers with original ideas like the 70's and 80's when I grew up. This is why I put up with M. Night as long as I did because at least he was bringing something original. The acting was on point, the cinematography was off the chain. The Concept was dope definitely a "Twilight Zone" feel. And again, my girl Lupita. Damn, to pull off that role. That voice, everything...I believe her all the way through. The ending shocked me because it was a possibility but I was unsure how it all connected. I was just sitting there in disbelief by the whole Tethered's and if they are real or not.

Actually the whole family. Both kids did amazing too. Winston was straight. I felt this role they wanted him to be more of a 'Normal' guy instead of the exaggeration of the M' Baku character. But this joint still got my head spinning a day later. The Concept was wild especially since there really are miles of abandon tunnels all across the US. There were a lot of 80's symbolism (Jordan clearly grew up in the 80's). There were VHS Tapes of "Goonies" and "Chud". "Jaws" shirt and Yes the "Thriller" shirt was symbolism as well. Black people obviously have been in Horror before but to just have the full story and it be a family too at the center. That was just refreshing to see. It was much more of a Psychological Thriller though. We could be headed for another Black film Renaissance like the 90's if Jordan and Ryan keep this up. Jordan is 2/2 for me. Both of these joints will be remembered.

:salute: To Jordan.

giphy.gif

Jason was lookin at Lupita at like....

Lastly, My mans flipped that "I got 5 on it" Something serious. Damn. It's one thing to hear in the trailer, another on surround sound.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Spoilers

I thought they said the experiment was abandoned once she fell in love with her Husband.

She was doing the ballet routine as a kid and I believe she met her husband in college...

Once she fell in love - she lost the proper thether with her clone

Last edited by a moderator:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought they said the experiment was abandoned once she fell in love with her Husband.

She was doing the ballet routine as a kid and I believe she met her husband in college...

Once she fell in love - she lost the proper thether with her clone
I'm gonna wait on the bootleg to drop to confirm this one

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
220px-Us_%282019%29_theatrical_poster.png

:ohlawd::ooh::krs::damn: That Ending.

Instant Blassic. Lupita Bodied this sh!t something serious. Yes there are racial, class symbolism but I loved how multi-layered it was just like "Get Out". I also liked how it was a contained thriller again. Had some sci-fi elements slightly as well. This is exactly what I was hoping for after "Get Out". Not for Jordan to do a Studio packaged Blockbuster, comic book movie or rehashed reboot. But an Original High End Concept again. We need more storytellers with original ideas like the 70's and 80's when I grew up. This is why I put up with M. Night as long as I did because at least he was bringing something original. The acting was on point, the cinematography was off the chain. The Concept was dope definitely a "Twilight Zone" feel. And again, my girl Lupita. Damn, to pull off that role. That voice, everything...I believe her all the way through. The ending shocked me because it was a possibility but I was unsure how it all connected. I was just sitting there in disbelief by the whole Tethered's and if they are real or not.

Actually the whole family. Both kids did amazing too. Winston was straight. I felt this role they wanted him to be more of a 'Normal' guy instead of the exaggeration of the M' Baku character. But this joint still got my head spinning a day later. The Concept was wild especially since there really are miles of abandon tunnels all across the US. There were a lot of 80's symbolism (Jordan clearly grew up in the 80's). There were VHS Tapes of "Goonies" and "Chud". "Jaws" shirt and Yes the "Thriller" shirt was symbolism as well. Black people obviously have been in Horror before but to just have the full story and it be a family too at the center. That was just refreshing to see. It was much more of a Psychological Thriller though. We could be headed for another Black film Renaissance like the 90's if Jordan and Ryan keep this up. Jordan is 2/2 for me. Both of these joints will be remembered.

:salute: To Jordan.

giphy.gif

Jason was lookin at Lupita at like....

Lastly, My mans flipped that "I got 5 on it" Something serious. Damn. It's one thing to hear in the trailer, another on surround sound.

For a while I wanted Peele to do a comic book movie. But after this......naw. I'd rather he just keep making more original ideas. Whether people liked it or not he wasn't put in a box.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
4x it's Budget Opening Weekend

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $70,250,000 80.8%
+ Foreign: $16,700,000 19.2%
= Worldwide: $86,950,000

Production Budget: 20 Million

Jordan is taking Original Concepts on Limited Budgets and turning them into Blockbusters. This is a record for an Original Horror Film and a Record for an Original R-Rated Film for Opening Weekend.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora

The experiment was deemed as an overall failure because of a lack of ability to perfectly replicate a soul. The purpose of this experiment was for the shadows to control those who are above ground. Maybe the experiments failure was due to the fact that those underground didn't have the opportunity to "live" and by not living they didn't have the ability to connect with humanity . By live I mean gather the experiences that makes humans, human. We're shaped by our day to day interactions, that's what makes us, us. If we're truly born with a blank slate (tabula rasa ) like philosophers like Aristotle,Thomas Aquinas and John Locke believed we're truly products of our experiences and perceptions. You can't truly replicate what's human without the human experience . So what you are left with are lifelike shells.... Red got to experience what it truly is to be human above ground..... Maybe that was the connection.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If people think this is poorly written, I would love to see their example of something that’s well written.

Dudes talking about the dad saying corny lines when the point of his character was WRITTEN to be a corny black guy. :mjlol:

There’s no character development but yet there’s two sides to literally every main character in the movie :stopitslime:. Did you want a backstory on how the father got into Howard or how the daughter made her first track team?

I can see how you can say ideas weren’t fleshed out or explained (Hands Across America I still don’t get the big tie-in) but I had no issue with the characters or writing.

The Hands Across America I feel is a generational problem. A lot of TRUE OLD HEADS remember the 80's and that event and what it was about. Most of YOU were either way too young or weren't even born in the 1980's.

So for myself, that resonated more because I remember that period. And very aware in this movie of the hypocrisy of American society.