“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1404422_orig.jpg

Bugs Bunny was always underground. He escaped that shyt.

Just had to post that on some silly shyt.

Edit: Shyt, Bugs Bunny changed the whole game up with rabbits like Red did with clones. Had ducks getting blasted on when it was supposed to be rabbit season.

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I feel like y’all be bailing movies out when y’all do this because you damn near can push points across from any movie..
Honestly tho. This is one of the most polarizing movies I've ever seen. I've watched it 3 times. 2 with groups. Personally I dont like the movie at All. I do think there are messages but I dont think the base movie was good enough to get past on solely having "a deeper meaning". At the end of the day your story needs to make sense. Then you can add on your symbolism. A lot of people are given Peele excuses and a ton of plotholes the benefit of the doubt because he had some allegories sprinkled in. But until I can get a truly validate answer to glaring plotholes like
why Red didnt just leave
I'm gonna consider this movie the middest of midpacks. Just way too many poorly written conveniences we just have to suspense our belief for as an audience imo. Very disappointed in his sophomore effort

Last edited:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly tho. This is one of the most polarizing movies I've ever seen. I've watched it 3 times. 2 with groups. Personally I dont like the movie at All. I do think there are messages but I dont think the base movie was good enough to get past on solely having "a deeper mean". At the end of the day your story needs to make sense. Then you can add on your symbolism. A lot of people are given Peele excuses and a ton of plotholes the benefit of the doubt because he had some allegories sprinkled in. But until I can get a truly validate answer to glaring plotholes like
why Red didnt just leave
I'm gonna consider this movie the middest of midpacks. Just way too many poorly written conveniences we just have to suspense our belief for as an audience imo. Very disappointed in his sophomore effort

She was chained up at first.

And the girl obviously got Stockholm Syndrome at some point because she led a clone revolution.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
It didn't do much for me on a number of levels, but I understand why it has its fans and
is doing so well at the box office.

However, as for the portrayal of the black father...:francis:

Peele has a hulking, married black father acting like a scared deer throughout the film (fresh off of Winston Duke playing the great warrior M'Baku), while making the black/Kenyan mother the SOLE, strong heroic figure. It is one of the most emasculating portrayals of a black father that has ever seen on screen. And Howard U folks should be mad, too, for the use of their logo sweatshirt being tied to weakness and fear.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
1404422_orig.jpg

Bugs Bunny was always underground. He escaped that shyt.

Just had to post that on some silly shyt.

Edit: Shyt, Bugs Bunny changed the whole game up with rabbits like Red did with clones. Had ducks getting blasted on when it was supposed to be rabbit season.

All Officer Fudd saw was black.
:steezbpchad:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But how did red control Ade? Reds experience below didn't have control of Ade above, it seemed the other way around

Is tethering control though? Because it seems like both the human and clone are sorta forced to do whatever their counterpart does. I only say this because, like you said, Red was dancing, but it appeared as though she was dancing during one of Adelaide's dance recitals.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It didn't do much for me on a number of levels, but I understand why it has its fans and
is doing so well at the box office.

However, as for the portrayal of the black father...:francis:

Peele has a hulking, married black father acting like a scared deer throughout the film (fresh off of Winston Duke playing the great warrior M'Baku), while making the black/Kenyan mother the SOLE, strong heroic figure. It is one of the most emasculating portrayals of a black father that has ever seen on screen. And Howard U folks should be mad, too, for the use of their logo sweatshirt being tied to weakness and fear.

He was a suburban husband who got his knee busted with a baseball bat and was still the FIRST to kill his clone.

Only reason the wife took control at the end is because she was actually a clone and didn't want to risk the real version of herself surviving.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Not for nothing tho. I was saying this morning how after that movie I realized just how much a pointless ass animal rabbits must be as pets.
People like to dawg out cats, but at least cats got personality built for SOME typa fukkery.
Rabbits just be sittin there. Look goofy as hell.

:aicmon: