“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
They were made to control the uptop population. They thought it was a failed experiment cause they thought the clones had no soul and didn’t realize that the 2 shared a soul.

So they left the experiment to die underground, then along came red who woke everyone up
And it seemed to work in reverse.

the uptop people controlled the below people but it was supposed to be the other way around

I felt bad for Red :mjcry:

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
That is not universally accepted by people AT ALL. It’s not basic to the majority of humankind.

People believe others are inherently lesser. But when the doppelgänger got the privilege of being viewed and treated like a fukking human being, she acted more or less like a human being

When the actual human was subjected to horribly inferior conditions, she took on subhuman traits as well as resentment and anger along with that.

This film illustrated a point that most of the damn world doesn’t get because they’re mindfukked.

That’s way fukking deeper than “liberal” whites using black bodies for profit.
I feel like y’all be bailing movies out when y’all do this because you damn near can push points across from any movie..

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:yeshrug: She clearly became tethered somewhere along the way, cause learned dance because her tethered was put into it cause of her non talking issues that her parents thought she had.

Plus I’m sure her parents that was down there came got her like her parents up top did.

I’m not disagreeing that the parents didn’t come get her or she got out which I think is what really happen... the dancing part really doesn’t make any sense :manny: but yeah I understand. I also figured she woulda thought her kids at the very least how to talk... something isn’t adding up that’s all... :patrice:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I’m not disagreeing that the parents didn’t come get her or she got out which I think is what really happen... the dancing part really doesn’t make any sense :manny: but yeah I understand. I also figured she woulda thought her kids at the very least how to talk... something isn’t adding up that’s all... :patrice:

What’s not adding up?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Why she stayed down there.. there was no mention of her attempting to get out.

I don’t think the why she stayed there is that important, on the real. At least in the larger scope of the movie. We don’t know how long she was cuffed to the bed, don’t know what the situation was like with her parents, or the full scope of her life down there. We just know what she told us and what’s on screen.

We do know the escalator only goes down, doesn’t go up, meaning that was a hindrance to the tethered in the first place unless you really really want to go up the down escalator. And at a young age, she learned to dance and was essentially crowed “special” by the tethered.

shyt for all we know, they never let her leave. In a movie where everything is airtight, that seems like a purposeful omission rather than a mistake

Last edited by a moderator:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like y’all be bailing movies out when y’all do this because you damn near can push points across from any movie..

You have the right to be entitled to your fukking feelings all you want, breh. But if a movie is shyt, I call it shyt. If a movie is trying to fake depth, I call that shyt out too.

This is neither. This is an intellectual flick that’s liable to go over a lot of people’s heads. Like I said, it took some reflection for me to realize this was deeper and had a profound message. Get Out I’ve seen four times. It requires no reflection to get the message. But just thinking about US from one watch has me realizing the deeper shyt within it. Some may never get it. But for those who understand it, the shyt is fukking amazing

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I figured ‘They’ chose rabbits because the rates rabbits reproduce. Therefore they were a best source for food.

Also a good point that I didn’t really reflect on. I recognized the rabbits as their source of food, but the utility of how fast rabbits reproduce slipped my mind. This movie has a bunch of hidden gems

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Did they cook the wabbits?
Or eat them shyts alive?
:jbhmm:

That has to be problematic to someones health if they ate them live.
:patrice: