“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I'm still stuck on Jason being the only one on the beach that noticed the Jeremiah 11:11 tether with bloody hands

He went home, drew a picture but couldn't remember what he saw when his mom asked him

I need definitive proof of him not being switched :damn:

All 4 kids are half-tethered, so there's something there I might've missed

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay genius what did the twist MEAN then

I’m not going into great detail, but simply put, how a person’s environment affects their behavior.

Everything else being equal, environment plays a huge role in how a person’s life turns out and there is definitely a racial component to that. I could write an essay on this shyt and other aspects of the film, but I’ll keep it basic

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
I’m not going into great detail, but simply put, how a person’s environment affects their behavior.

Everything else being equal, environment plays a huge role in how a person’s life turns out and there is definitely a racial component to that. I could write an essay on this shyt and other aspects of the film, but I’ll keep it basic
That’s basic info though, who doesn’t get that? So you saying the point of this movie was to get that point across??

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That’s basic info though, who doesn’t get that? So you saying the point of this movie was to get that point across??

Yup. That’s one of the points. The whole thing about being soulless vs having a soul was clearly a function of nurture v nature

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Movie was dope as hell. Lupita did her thing. And there’s so much to break down and pull a part and it feels like a flick that demands a second viewing.

There’s stuff there about haves and have nots, nurture v nature, class, race, awareness, and even some Wes craven thrown in: the normal good people can become just like the bad guys or worse if they’re put in a bad situation.

Also loved the “role” Elizabeth Moss’ family played and the brief commentary there

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Prolly by then she was already mind fukk by what she was seeing on a daily basis, down there by all the tethered people

keep in mind the main theory that keeps getting thrown around (At least in this thread)
is that Adeline was raped by Gabe's tethered version, No woman is the same after
having to go through something like that.

That was years later tho... something isn’t adding up to me man :manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Why the clones were made wasn't.. And that being intentionally left open for interpretation isn't good enough

Clones were made by the government to control everyone in the country. But the experiment went wrong so they left the surviving clones in the bunker.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That is not universally accepted by people AT ALL. It’s not basic to the majority of humankind.

People believe others are inherently lesser. But when the doppelgänger got the privilege of being viewed and treated like a fukking human being, she acted more or less like a human being

When the actual human was subjected to horribly inferior conditions, she took on subhuman traits as well as resentment and anger along with that.

This film illustrated a point that most of the damn world doesn’t get because they’re mindfukked.

That’s way fukking deeper than “liberal” whites using black bodies for profit.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That is not universally accepted by people AT ALL. It’s not basic to the majority of humankind.

People believe others are inherently lesser. But when the doppelgänger got the privilege of being viewed and treated like a fukking human being, she acted more or less like a human being

When the actual human was subjected to horribly inferior conditions, she took on subhuman traits as well as resentment and anger along with that.

This film illustrated a point that most of the damn world doesn’t get because they’re mindfukked.

That’s way fukking deeper than “liberal” whites using black bodies for profit.

Yup. Some people still believe your environment has nothing to do with who or what you ultimately become. Some people believe we can be born bad or born good. Doesn’t work like that. Even in this movie, the “good” people resorted to killing and violence real quick

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Because for one, she woke up in an area that was completely unknown to her and she was handcuffed. Which was why the emphasis of using handcuffs back on her tethered self was important. Also, being that she at the time was in an area unknown to her. She wouldn't of known she was above or underground or where to got to escape. You do have to remember that everything that those above ground did, the tethered had an exaggerated reenactment response so, eventually the tethered version of her parents would of have to taken her, so she was essentially at the time trapped until that moment where the tethered people realized her as being special and at that moment, she wanted to liberate them and have her revenge and decided to wait until the time was right. But why she didn't do it immediately, it's basically she couldn't escape being that she was handcuffed. And obviously those parent would of have to shown up since they shown up above ground too.

Bet lets rock with that theory... she was pretty brave to literally leave her dad and go to the beach and then to a maze. Once the power went out she freaked out but regained composure and tried to exit. To me she shown the ability to be brave and it looks like she didn’t have a problem exploring... she’s also not tied to the tethered parents so if she wanted get away she could have

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Why the clones were made wasn't.. And that being intentionally left open for interpretation isn't good enough
They were made to control the uptop population. They thought it was a failed experiment cause they thought the clones had no soul and didn’t realize that the 2 shared a soul.

So they left the experiment to die underground, then along came red who woke everyone up

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
She wasn’t tethered tho she coulda moved around and explore to figure out how to get out. Nothing was holding her down there except herself
:yeshrug: She clearly became tethered somewhere along the way, cause learned dance because her tethered was put into it cause of her non talking issues that her parents thought she had.

Plus I’m sure her parents that was down there came got her like her parents up top did.