Reppin
Movies and tv shows
giphy.gif

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I think the white fam's shadows/tethers murking them so fast was to flip the traditional horror movie trope of black people always dying first in them. I also was thinking that maybe the white family did more shyt in their lives that brought more raw pain to their tethers (for example the wife mentions getting some work done on her face)... and from RED's dialogue in an earlier scene they basically felt all that pain without any modern medicine, IDK.

I was thinking the same thing about the table, the film went for a HR with the reveal and the overall arc of the theme behind it, but everything leading up to it just wasn't as tightly written as I was expecting. This was def a horror movie with the amount of dumb shyt that the characters were doing to encourage fukkery for viewers, but the film didn't really put me in a tense state, wasn't scary at all. This is one of those movies where people's theories will carry the discussion for it, but execution wise it left some things to be desired for me.

And the twist was predictable. No lie, my wife called it out loud right after the opening credits, and I was thinking it just off how they edited that scene before it cut away. So when it was revealed at the end we were like
:manny:

Bruh I seen the twist coming a mile away as well, Peele bout to be the black M. Knight if he don't tighten up :francis:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
shyt was trash, whole theater walked out like :dwillhuh:
Maybe they were expecting a bigger payoff but
Were they not satisfied that they had to get to a boat to survive?? But then again, the twist was the boat took them into more danger.
:francis: Chris had to pick cotton and then the family escapes on a boat only to find out the shyt ain’t over.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Maybe they were expecting a bigger payoff but
Were they not satisfied that they had to get to a boat to survive?? But then again, the twist was the boat took them into more danger.
:francis: Chris had to pick cotton and then the family escapes on a boat only to find out the shyt ain’t over.

I'm sure for most something like that won't even register, bruh went to deep and forgot to package all that symbolism in an entertaining story.