“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I haven't seen it yet but it sounds like people are only calling it bad because they were confused, it also seems like a movie that you have to PAY ATTENTION TO!!! in order to get it. I've seen way more good/great reviews than bad so I'll catch it tomorrow.

Nah lol. I think people will come to their senses when the hype dies. This aint a classic.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
just peeped this, here's my rundown

"Russell will you watch your daughter?" "I'm watching!"

*daughter proceeds to wander off into some weird ass house hella far away from the carnival* that nikka wasn't watching shyt :russ:

this dude Gabe was white is hell passive aggressive and all that, literally only thing black about dude was his skin color for the whole movie

the white family at the beach was jokes, portrayed the awkwardness of white folks greatly

police said they'd be there in 14 mins, family been held hostage by themselves for an hour and still no police to be found :mjlol: fukkin good for nothing pigs

the scene where the white family got killed was straight comedy, felt like something off Key & Peele

J Night Shyamalan at it again with the last minute twist :wow:

overall the movie was cool, i was expecting more of a psychological thriller type joint based on the concept but this was pretty much a slasher flick with a more intricate plot

Last edited:
Daps
Is this a straight up horror movie or is it more suspense like Get Out? I want to see this with a couple who are friends but I don't think the wife can take a full horror movie.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from seeing this. We had the whole fam there. We were 12 deep. I enjoyed the acting. From a visual standpoint, the movie was impressive and as a horror movie it was on point. But the premise....the story.....I was underwhelmed. I found myself bored for the majority of the movie. I figured "it" out maybe 30 minutes in. I'll probably see it a second time just to see some of the easter eggs and things pointed out in reviews and message boards and stuff. But for the most part I'd pass on a second thorough viewing. 6.5/10 for me.

I wasn't expecting anything of the sort. I knew based on interviews and stuff that it wasn't that type of movie. I knew that this black family just happened to be black and could have easily been any other family. I was still underwhelmed. I wouldn't say disappointed though.

Who was dropping jewels? Peele? Explain if you don't mind. I'm still processing the movie and as I said above, I'm ready to go in to the easter egg hunt phase. But what are some of these examples of jewels being dropped?

I think we cheating ourselves by solely just judging it purely at the so-called "twist". The reason I say this is with Christopher Nolan's movie "The Prestige", at first viewing you kind of already figured out the main thing, yet upon repeat viewing there's so many layers and you watching it form a COMPLETE different perspective. You have no choice to. It's like that scene in "Get Out", you knew all along that his white girlfriend ain't shyt, but you watch it again when the police was asking for his license, you see it from a COMPLETELY different outlook than originally. Guarantee, watching it the 2nd time, you'll see things and actions done that have a completely alternative reason, such as why she feared going to the beach for starters.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I tried...

Its just fukkin dumb I'm sorry...

It started out having my attention but..

2/3rds in i didn't even give a shyt how it was gonna end..

Yea there was funny momemts but overall i wasn't entertained or scared at no point..

i don't get the rave reviews and hype for this shyt at all

Hype makes the movie seem worse than it is. This is an ok film but the hype kills the movie for me