BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
just peeped this, here's my rundown

"Russell will you watch your daughter?" "I'm watching!"

*daughter proceeds to wander off into some weird ass house hella far away from the carnival* that nikka wasn't watching shyt :russ:

this dude Gabe was white is hell passive aggressive and all that, literally only thing black about dude was his skin color for the whole movie

the white family at the beach was jokes, portrayed the awkwardness of white folks greatly

police said they'd be there in 14 mins, family been held hostage by themselves for an hour and still no police to be found :mjlol: fukkin good for nothing pigs

the scene where the white family got killed was straight comedy, felt like something off Key & Peele

J Night Shyamalan at it again with the last minute twist :wow:

overall the movie was cool, i was expecting more of a psychological thriller type joint based on the concept but this was pretty much a slasher flick with a more intricate plot

Gabe was rockin a Howard T-shirt , if the assumption is that he went to Howard then we all that Howard is the land of c00ns and bed wenches :mjlol:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I think it's obvious that he's tethered too and was switched during one of their summer vacations

nah he’s not. The clone version of him clearly has his face burned and the moms says she had in fire which burns his face as a baby.

Plus he knew the door locked behind him when he surprised his sister, she just took the truck from in between the door so it could close on him. So he was switched at the beach he wouldn’t have known that when they was in the closet together

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I'm thinking since Red was the leader or 'God' of the tethered, her meeting with the family they shadowed held too much purpose and substance to just outright kill unlike the others. One shouldn't approach these movies with too much logic, then again who's to say the other 100 thousand some odd Americans didn't have a word or two with their hosts before the murder.
red is the only one who could talk also and had a bone to pick with her clone

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Holy shyt, it just occurred to me

why the white woman was cutting her face. The tethered are the worse/distorted versions of the people above. And that woman had plastic surgery. lol.I don't know why it took me so long to get that. I suspect that might happen a lot with this movie. Over the next few weeks random thoughts and theories will be popping up out of nowhere. That's pretty damn cool.

Also, on the second viewing, I noticed that the little girl watching the TV has all of this horror stuff in her room, including a nightmare on elm street DVD, which may explain the gloves she chooses for the tethered.

And check out Lupita and Winston and the kids rapping their promo for the movie. These people are so charming.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
im going to make sure im braver than my kids and wife. you sound like a bytch.

Dude went out there to talk to the people twice. Y'all acting like he was a punk. He clearly had no problem stepping up. He's also the first one to
kill his doppelgänger. He was severely injured so he couldn't drive, but other than that, he stepped up.
I don't get the critique that he was a punk or c00ning here.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Character movie references

"Jason" is obviously a nod to Jason

friday-the-13th-part-3-screenshot.jpg

"Pluto" is named after the guy from The Hills Have Eyes
D2OuQCVU4AE4B2J.jpg

Pluto was from a generation of forgotten people who suffered test experiments gone wrong. (Testing in that area though)

Jason was the silent killer
who had mommy issues. Who despite it all followed his mother. People talk about Lupita's smile, but I found the son sliding the mask on chilling. Remember he is STILL part tethered as well and thats still his mom

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
great movie, might be my favorite of the year so far. Need to watch again to find all the easter eggs, subtle hints, etc. Loved the whole tether aspect. Soundtrack was on point too...especially loved during the climax they dropped the spooky 5 on it version

Makes me anticipate the Twilight Zone reboot even more.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Character movie references

"Jason" is obviously a nod to Jason

friday-the-13th-part-3-screenshot.jpg

"Pluto" is named after the guy from The Hills Have Eyes
D2OuQCVU4AE4B2J.jpg

Pluto was from a generation of forgotten people who suffered test experiments gone wrong. (Testing in that area though)

Jason was the silent killer
who had mommy issues. Who despite it all followed his mother. People talk about Lupita's smile, but I found the son sliding the mask on chilling. Remember he is STILL part tethered as well and thats still his mom
also Pluto in Greek mythology? King/Lord of the underworld.......

High Society

MY Kind of People
Daps
Reppin
The Country Club
A gentleman found this movie to be exquisitely grand and full of torrid horror

Did thou peepest how the tethered art horribly off beat? :mjlol

Also I noticed a fellow gentleman mention the Michael Jackson video. Did thou peepest the Thriller shirt which dawned the young Adelaide at the fair? Red suits (yet also connected to the Hands Across America ad) + zombie/real life human + the betwixing smile from tethered Adelaide to thine own son at the end?

Also, this marvelous piece of work reveals more about Peele’s alternate universe in which the battle for the soul and body is ever fought

A gentleman thinks that Peele’d future revelations about this alternate universe shall reveal more on Jason’s future and whether thou art a tethered himself.

Quite splendid indeed

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Amazing movie, on first watch I think I like it more than Get Out. I've only seen Get Out once though I'll have to rewatch.
My brother thought I'd like Us more than Get Out... I think Get Out is clearly the better film. Us wasn't nearly as polished IMO