“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

This shyt instantly popped in my head when the ending happened. I know “Hands Across America” inspired it. But how similar the video is to the ending on top of the lyrics MJ is singing with R. Kelly’s words...

Makes it a tad bit :demonic:

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is it worth watching brehs? My cousins told me the movie is wack. I have the movie on my fire stick. :lupe:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Is it worth watching brehs? My cousins told me the movie is wack. I have the movie on my fire stick. :lupe:

I think it's great. I liked it better than get out. If you're looking for a deep message I don't think there is one. Just a good ass movie. Some scares. Some laughs.

I dont think it'll get as much accolades as get out but I liked it much more.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
She carries it so much that it makes the pops look outta place as hell!

The dialogue to me was also pretty strange or lack there of.
On God, that nikka may as well have been a clone of my brother in law :dead:

Just as corny as he could be :loldenzel2:

You better believe I'm lighting his ass up the next time he and my sister come over :russ:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Gotta watch this movie 2 more times :mjcry:. Taking my sister now and watching with a group tomorrow.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
BTW did anyone elses theater show a trailer for Ma with Octavia Spencer?

I don't keep up on movies like that so I don't know if it's well known but Jesus Christ BlumHouse stays coming through with some out of the box type shyt. I never thought I'd see a Black Woman as the villain of a horror movie and she looks CREEPY AS fukk in it.

Thank you Jordan Peele for showing these CACs a new way. :blessed:
I had my doubts but I'm finna be in there day one :loldenzel2:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
A valid point... however.
her son KNEW about the tunnels. It was mainly her son that had a unique vocabulary. Her son was the only one who knew and understood who she really was. Her son also knew how to remotely control himself which only a Tether could do. Lastly, even though he was a Tether the entire time, it is a strong possibility he was swapped at the beach when he disappeared momentarily and met up with an unsuspecting Tether. It is highly suggested that her son is a Tether.

Iono breh... I think you’re wrong on this one (about the son). We’ll see tho

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Movie was a 7/10 for me. Very dope cinematography. Movie didn’t explain enough for me though and the families both did stupid horror movie dumb stuff. Also, I figured the big twist out within the first 20 mins or so due to them omitting something they showed repeatedly in the trailer.

In the trailers they always showed the little girls meeting in the mirror house and it showed the little girl choking the other one. At the beginning of the movie and every time they showed them meeting up in the flashback they never showed the choking part. Then Red shows up and talks but talks like her throat got crushed in the past. :snoop:

Like, okay that’s just too obvious that the girl choked the other and took her place when you factor in she wouldn’t talk when she went back to her family. If that’s such a crucial part to the story and it’s also a really surprising/impressive scene, LEAVE IT OUT OF THE fukkING TRAILER. Use another shot goddammit. I shouldn’t be able to use basic ass deductive reasoning to figure out a major plot point that early on because you got lazy with deciding what to put in the trailer and what not. Why do studios keep doing this type of shyt man? It low key took me out of the movie a bit.

Anyways, good flick. Somewhat safe, but that’s okay. Will prob watch a few more times when it leaks. Curious to see what Peele comes up with next. No idea why it got the crazy reviews it did but don’t let them overhyping it detract from your enjoyment. Movie reviewers are fukking stupid
:ohhh:

This is why I avoid trailers 9 times out of 10. That moment didn't click until it was supposed to for me :hubie:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just got back from seeing this. We had the whole fam there. We were 12 deep. I enjoyed the acting. From a visual standpoint, the movie was impressive and as a horror movie it was on point. But the premise....the story.....I was underwhelmed. I found myself bored for the majority of the movie. I figured "it" out maybe 30 minutes in. I'll probably see it a second time just to see some of the easter eggs and things pointed out in reviews and message boards and stuff. But for the most part I'd pass on a second thorough viewing. 6.5/10 for me.

nikkaz walked in expecting another movie about race again. That’s why I think some ppl disappointed with it
I wasn't expecting anything of the sort. I knew based on interviews and stuff that it wasn't that type of movie. I knew that this black family just happened to be black and could have easily been any other family. I was still underwhelmed. I wouldn't say disappointed though.

...which is one reason why I thought this movie was great.

I came expecting something, and I COMPLETELY GOT IT...until the middle of the movie, when new stuff happened. They got me, mayne. So much so, I almost made an ass out of myself by standing up and yelling "don't you guys get it, man? He's dropping jewels!!" I am so glad held back. ROFL

...or should I say "almost made an ass out of myself again", because I stood up and finished Yukmouth's whole verse of "5 On It" when it came on the radio.
Who was dropping jewels? Peele? Explain if you don't mind. I'm still processing the movie and as I said above, I'm ready to go in to the easter egg hunt phase. But what are some of these examples of jewels being dropped?

Last edited: