“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Very good movie. Overall more entertaining than Get Out, but Get Out was the better movie.

Peele is very good at creating suspense.

Didnt like Duke casting in this. Not that he did a bad job. This role imo coming too soon after him portraying such a strong role like M' Baku.

Def wanna see it again and soon!!

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I didn't see Jason's behavior as him switching places with his double but more of him peeping who his mom really is or at least what she is capable of and how she seems to enjoy it. Remember he saw her kill Red and one of the twins and in both of those situations she seemed to be relishing the kills.

Exactly how I took it. Lettuce also remember:

(1) he figured out the "shadows" do what we do on his own without her
(2) the only reason she found him in that locker after she killed Red is because he made a noise - he didn't openly reveal himself to her

When she quickly turned her head to look at him, that seemed to be her thinking "oh snap - is he on to me?"

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Movie was a 7/10 for me. Very dope cinematography. Movie didn’t explain enough for me though and the families both did stupid horror movie dumb stuff. Also, I figured the big twist out within the first 20 mins or so due to them omitting something they showed repeatedly in the trailer.

In the trailers they always showed the little girls meeting in the mirror house and it showed the little girl choking the other one. At the beginning of the movie and every time they showed them meeting up in the flashback they never showed the choking part. Then Red shows up and talks but talks like her throat got crushed in the past. :snoop:

Like, okay that’s just too obvious that the girl choked the other and took her place when you factor in she wouldn’t talk when she went back to her family. If that’s such a crucial part to the story and it’s also a really surprising/impressive scene, LEAVE IT OUT OF THE fukkING TRAILER. Use another shot goddammit. I shouldn’t be able to use basic ass deductive reasoning to figure out a major plot point that early on because you got lazy with deciding what to put in the trailer and what not. Why do studios keep doing this type of shyt man? It low key took me out of the movie a bit.

Anyways, good flick. Somewhat safe, but that’s okay. Will prob watch a few more times when it leaks. Curious to see what Peele comes up with next. No idea why it got the crazy reviews it did but don’t let them overhyping it detract from your enjoyment. Movie reviewers are fukking stupid

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its a whole lot of theories about Lupita snappin off beat :dwillhuh:

Spoiler if it ends up true

Basically people are thinking the scene in the car is after the doppelgänger family has killed and replaced the original family. Lupita’s doppelgänger is snapping parallel to the beat just like the doppelgängers are parallel to her and her family

Maybe she's the clone :merchant::damn::lupe:

PROPS to y'all for calling it on Xmas.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the same way she knew the way out 30 years later :comeon:

and again, the way they shot that escalator, it looked to be directly connected to the main hallway where the tethered spent time, i get them not realizing how to use it, but she should've

when she was a GIRL at that point she would not KNOW. She was knocked out and put inside a place lost and confused. Even when she was able to find an out, it was too late... where would she go above ground? He had to figure all of it out on her own and plot patiently for revenge.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
This movie was cool....

i knew she was tethered when she knew exactly how to get to the tunnels...and then the rabbit from the beginning scene

The pops was so random with his dialogue that to me it almost made it “unreal” and as if it was only effecting Lupita...

The daughter driving the car was a :snoop: moment for me...

I give it a 7.5/10

What was the Jeremiah 11:11 about... I read it I can’t understand the correlation.

My girl thought it was cool too but we agree get out was better.

Jeremiah 11:11 is really a Red Herring, don't focus on it too much.

The daughter driving the car was genius at that point in the movie, if you drank the Kool-Aid going into the movie like I did. LOL

...which is one reason why I thought this movie was great.

I came expecting something, and I COMPLETELY GOT IT...until the middle of the movie, when new stuff happened. They got me, mayne. So much so, I almost made an ass out of myself by standing up and yelling "don't you guys get it, man? He's dropping jewels!!" I am so glad held back. ROFL

...or should I say "almost made an ass out of myself again", because I stood up and finished Yukmouth's whole verse of "5 On It" when it came on the radio.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
when she was a GIRL at that point she would not KNOW. She was knocked out and put inside a place lost and confused. Even when she was able to find an out, it was too late... where would she go above ground? He had to figure all of it out on her own and plot patiently for revenge.
what does being knocked out have to do with once you're unchained from the bed - she was free as a girl - and see that escalator one day, prior to going insane, and going up? what's the worse that could happen given where she was? and figure what out? if she goes up and gets out, she's at the boardwalk...ask and adult/security/the police for help and voila!

the way they presented her and the concept of the tethers leaves a gap...there definitely was a time she should have still had a sound mine and been free to roam the halls - thus go back up. seems like she shouldn't have become tethered until she lost (part of) her mind.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
what does being knocked out have to do with once you're unchained from the bed - she was free as a girl - and see that escalator one day, prior to going insane, and going up? what's the worse that could happen given where she was? and figure what out? if she goes up and gets out, she's at the boardwalk...ask and adult/security/the police for help and voila!

the way they presented her and the concept of the tethers leaves a gap...there definitely was a time she should have still had a sound mine and been free to roam the halls - thus go back up. seems like she shouldn't have become tethered until she lost (part of) her mind.

Control parameters were purposefully left ambiguous and ultimately I think it works.

Note: No spoilers required because no one who hasn't seen the movie would understand WTF we're talking about. :Skruggle:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
about the son theory. I think the tether connection might explain why the son is so weird and woke bout his origin. In the house shadow lupita said the daughter was just there but then said the birth of the son was traumatic and had to pull him out or something i dont know the way she was talkin i couldnt make it out.

So i think the real duke impregnated the shadow with the daughter but shadow duke got the real lupita pregnant down in that tunnel so the shadow became pregnant from that since the soul is shared etc. i also think there might be a connection with the real lupita not really trying to kill her just bat shyt crazy toying with her.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
After seeing it the 2nd time i fukks with this.

The twist took me by surprise because I should have seen it from jump..

I mean it crossed my mind when they weren’t showing ole get choked in the beginning but I thought it was too obvious and I thought he was gonna go some place else.

But when it happened I was like “Oh you motherfukka you did go that route....okay :obama:

Then when you watch the 2nd time seeing it from Red’s perspective it brings a whole new layer to it.

My only quips with it is how how come the real Adelaide didn’t just leave after she got untangled from the bed? It wasn’t like the brain dead clones were gonna stop her.

I understand Peele was trying to leave things unexplained but some things he needed to make clear for the audience.

Especially with them all holding hands in the end. What was the endgame in that? Have them all hold hands forever?

I can understand why some folks won’t like it..but I’m kinda shocked that some folks are completely shytting on it. Some folks are hating it because they feel like their intelligence was being messed with, while others were literally coming into this movie expecting another “Get Out” :mindblown:

I mean IMO the movie was literally spelled out for you in the trailers so you knew what you were getting yourself into. Also..if you came in this expecting another “Get Out” and not looking at “Us” as a whole new movie that’s on you.

But that’s just me..:ehh:

Overall I liked it and Lupita needs to get an Oscar nomination for her performance.

I think the Candyman reboot is next on Jordan’s list..so we’ll see..