“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
BTW did anyone elses theater show a trailer for Ma with Octavia Spencer?

I don't keep up on movies like that so I don't know if it's well known but Jesus Christ BlumHouse stays coming through with some out of the box type shyt. I never thought I'd see a Black Woman as the villain of a horror movie and she looks CREEPY AS fukk in it.

Thank you Jordan Peele for showing these CACs a new way. :blessed:

MA shot some of its scenes at Alcorn State, my Alma Mater :jawalrus:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps

I don't keep up on movies like that so I don't know if it's well known but Jesus Christ BlumHouse stays coming through with some out of the box type shyt. I never thought I'd see a Black Woman as the villain of a horror movie and she looks CREEPY AS fukk in it.

Yeah that trailer looks crazy as fukk I'm here for all that

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This is exactly why I quoted @NobodyReally 's Chris Stuckman review with the Screen Junkies review.

Because they made the case its very similar to Unbreakable being the follow up to Sixth Sense. Its just different. Needs time to unpack, accept, etc. (Remember Unbreakable was VERY mixed when it first dropped. A lot of people saying "its no Sixth Sense"

It's one of the struggles when you produce something popular. People expect your next product to be the exact same thing but somehow also original and different. You can't pull off both.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone think this could be an allegory about organized movements and government control vs. anarchy? or the divide between the wealthy and the have-nots? I can see it being either one.

I see it as several interpretations and I think that's mainly the point. This isn't supposed to be a clear cut singular interpretations. You can even suggest this is an allegory about how revolutions begin by the oppress toppling over their oppressors. Or a metaphor of how society want to perceive themselves as one way, but they truly reflect something ugly and more or less social zombies. There's so much to chew on about this.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It looks like its gonna be a dope movie, but that techno back beat during the trailer had me like :mjlol: